Wacken Post-C19 speculation thread

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
The Prime Minister of Schleswig-Holstein (the Bundesland that Wacken is in) wants it to continue! It was in an article I read last weekend (in German).

I wonder
a: how?
b: if at all is possible?

One of the things was, a ban on alcohol infields. But if that's going to happen?
Otherwise, for MB bands I don't see this happening yet, as there are still travel bans active here. UK, South Africa and the WHOLE of South America are not allowed to enter the EU/Schengen! And that'll remain for a while.

First, let's get vaccinated. But with the current tempo here, that can take 100 years. :rolleyes:

and I'm sure Thomas and Holger want it to continue as well, that doesn't mean it will happen though.

and actually at the current rate it will take 2.9 years to vaccinate 75% of the dutch population.
2.4 years for belgium.
and 2 years for germany.

I believe the 75% is how much we need to get some for of herd immunity

Nergal1444

W:O:A Metalhead
16 Sep. 2016
and I'm sure Thomas and Holger want it to continue as well, that doesn't mean it will happen though.

and actually at the current rate it will take 2.9 years to vaccinate 75% of the dutch population.
2.4 years for belgium.
and 2 years for germany.

I believe the 75% is how much we need to get some for of herd immunity

At the current rate that is correct. Currently one problem was not having enough vaccine for a faster speed. But deliveries are picking up, the next vaccine (Johneson & Johnson) is about to be approved, vaccine centers are increased in size (in my hometown plans are for 12.000 to 16.000 vaccinations per day - the population is 550.000), doctors in private practices will start to vaccinate by Easter - of course quite a lot can hamper any progress, but I am certain that soon the speed will pick up. I do not know if Wacken will be possible, and it might turn into a European only festival due to travel bans, but I am far from giving up this year - yet.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
At the current rate that is correct. Currently one problem was not having enough vaccine for a faster speed. But deliveries are picking up, the next vaccine (Johneson & Johnson) is about to be approved, vaccine centers are increased in size (in my hometown plans are for 12.000 to 16.000 vaccinations per day - the population is 550.000), doctors in private practices will start to vaccinate by Easter - of course quite a lot can hamper any progress, but I am certain that soon the speed will pick up. I do not know if Wacken will be possible, and it might turn into a European only festival due to travel bans, but I am far from giving up this year - yet.
But since we can't go anywhere yet...

If it is to go the French way, that will mean 5,000 people, seated.
How do you select 5k out of 70k?
Not to mention the bands that have to come over!

I'm curious to see how this is done!

Not that I don't want it to happen! I'll be the first to chear if it is!

Hemmer

8 Okt. 2017
MN, USA
I can see a possible European only fest due to restrictions, but that would super suck for the thousands of us outside Europe. The ticket exchange will get flooded with tickets that can't be used. On the other hand I would hate to have the entire festival canceled because of travel restrictions from specific countries.

Glad I haven't purchased airfare yet.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004

Not that I don't want it to happen! I'll be the first to chear

Nergal1444

16 Sep. 2016

Not that I don't want it to happen! I'll be the first to chear

Nobody knows if or how Wacken can happen this year. Speculation about 5000 seated guests, or none at all, or 80.000 or whatever are currently useles. It saddens me to see Hellfest etc canceled, but we simply have no clue if that has any effect on Wacken or not. It might be canceled, but it might also take place. Lets wait and see, there is nothing else we can do.

(Edit: spelling)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Reaktionen: Quark

agresionpower

22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland

Of course speed will pick up over time. however, so far we have seen delay after delay in deliveries. which means most schedules are probably still to optimistic.

Nergal1444

16 Sep. 2016
Of course speed will pick up over time. however, so far we have seen delay after delay in deliveries. which means most schedules are probably still to optimistic.
Of course. But still, delivery of vaccines will increase too. Will there be enough vaccine for most adults by June? Maybe, maybe not. Currently there still should be enough (speaking for Germany). Also, we do not yet know what happens when the elderly and other high risk people have all been vaccinated. Currently the lockdown is declared to be for the protection of those people. If the high risk population is vaccinated, it will be more and more difficult to keep up the lockdown. The down side of that is, that more young people with severe cases are bound to be hospitalized if the lockdown ends under these conditions - this it will be a hard task to decide when to open up again. I can only repeat myself, nobody knows what the situation will be like in tao or three months, or August, or whenever. Thus I find it hard to accept ll this nay-saying - there is hope, but there is also a high chance that no festivals will be possible in August in Germany. We just have to wait.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Of course. But still, delivery of vaccines will increase too. Will there be enough vaccine for most adults by June? Maybe, maybe not. Currently there still should be enough (speaking for Germany). Also, we do not yet know what happens when the elderly and other high risk people have all been vaccinated. Currently the lockdown is declared to be for the protection of those people. If the high risk population is vaccinated, it will be more and more difficult to keep up the lockdown. The down side of that is, that more young people with severe cases are bound to be hospitalized if the lockdown ends under these conditions - this it will be a hard task to decide when to open up again. I can only repeat myself, nobody knows what the situation will be like in tao or three months, or August, or whenever. Thus I find it hard to accept ll this nay-saying - there is hope, but there is also a high chance that no festivals will be possible in August in Germany. We just have to wait.
As long as the politicians fail to do their homework, it can last forever. (sorry, my faith in actual politicians has dropped down like a heavy stone)

Reaktionen: Saypren_Shepard
30 Sep. 2016
North Bay Area, California
Kegs and barrels stay corked for another year in Munich.
Oktoberfest 2021 CANCELLED

--------------------------------------------------

From the Lord Mayor Reiter (SOURCE: https://www.oktoberfest.de/en/magazine/oktoberfest-news/2021/oktoberfest-2021-will-not-take-place )

Lord Mayor Dieter Reiter on the decision not to hold the Wiesn in 2021: "It wasn't an easy decision, but I have to make it now and I have done so." He said that responsibility for people's health should be weighted higher than the legitimate interest in celebrating: "That's why there will be no Wiesn in Munich this year either - for the 26th time in total."

Reiter asked for understanding for the decision. Despite measures and vaccinations, the pandemic is not yet over worldwide, he said. "The risk is simply too huge that people here could become infected with the Corona virus. I know how hard this is not only for the visitors, but also how much it affects everyone who works at the Wiesn and now has to do without that income once again - from the waiters and waitresses to the stall operators, showmen and innkeepers. But: Oktoberfest can only take place completely or not at all." Or, in one Bavarian sentence: "So a bissl Wiesn geht ned." ("There's no thing like a little bit of Wiesn.")

--------------------------------------------------

"Oktoberfest can only take place completely or not
at all." Damn right! Hard enough getting people to
follow pandemic rules, try enforcing those same
rules on drunken crowds! lol Last week, they
announced that Burning Man was doused for the
2nd year in a row. But it looks like they caught on
to what Wacken did last year and are going virtual.

Sucks that Summer got cancelled again, if there was
a way for folks to order kegs or barrels that could
be delivered to your doorstep, it would maybe
soften the economic blow. Hell, if there was a way
that Wacken could send me a crate of beers or a
keg without getting totally ravaged by import and
shipping fees, I probably would if it doesn't spoil
in transport.

- Sepulchral Voice

smf4ever

12 Aug. 2016
Washington DC, USA
And as the rest of the world is still dealing in a critical way, doing what they can to be responsible..... BUT, cause they complain SO MUCH.. here comes Merica.. "Lets just open it all up.. F it.. we gots rights!!! By June/July 100% open!!!!"..

So by Aug... massive 3rd or 4th wave in US for a total lockdown?

<embarrassed to be here sometimes.. >

agresionpower

22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
And as the rest of the world is still dealing in a critical way, doing what they can to be responsible..... BUT, cause they complain SO MUCH.. here comes Merica.. "Lets just open it all up.. F it.. we gots rights!!! By June/July 100% open!!!!"..

So by Aug... massive 3rd or 4th wave in US for a total lockdown?

<embarrassed to be here sometimes.. >

Don't underestimate the amount of people complaining over here.
We're starting to open up but there are still a lot of people in hospital.