The thread for old campers, but also new campers! What to take to Wacken!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Cyanovirus

22 Juli 2018
Hi!

Great list, it helped me a lot!

After this year's WOA (AMAZING!!!), I think you should add a face mask to this list though as they ran out of them and ended up having to cut a T-Shirt ;-)...

29 Dez. 2018
Down Under
Some ideas, and thoughts, on some bits and pieces I plan to bring (beyond the obvious list items). The addition of the Kaufland shop on the festival grounds has made planning a lot easier!
  • Camping mirror - something like this - for shaving, fixing hair, etc etc
  • Dry shampoo. Because washing my hair each day will probably be too hard.
  • Breakfast bowl and ceral. To save space and weight it will be impractical to bring any cooking supplies, so I'll buy food on-site. For breakfast, however, I neeeed my cereal, so I will bring a small box of it plus a bowl and spoon. Milk I can get at the supermarket on-site so I don't have to worry about storing it.
  • Wilderness Wipes - for quick non-shower cleanups. Similar to baby wipes, but compostable and don't leave that icky residue that baby wipes do.
  • Camping chair - it will be too big and bulky to bring one with me from overseas and carry it around Europe until I get to Wacken, so I will try and get one in Hamburg somewhere. Hopefully I can find a shop that has them that is close to the train station.
  • Wellies ("rubber boots") - my main footwear will be a pair of workwear boots (steel-toed, for protection from madly moshing Germans!), but I will keep an eye on the weather forecast and if it looks like there will be rain I'll pick up a pair of wellies in the days beforehand (I'll be in Paris, so should easily find some!)

XXL

W:O:A Metalhead
10 Aug. 2016
Niederlande
Camping chair - it will be too big and bulky to bring one with me from overseas and carry it around Europe until I get to Wacken, so I will try and get one in Hamburg somewhere. Hopefully I can find a shop that has them that is close to the train station.

You can buy one at the Festival if you need one.