• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
One thing needs to be said. It is a huge camping area, where you can easily get lost, and a big festival area (where you won't get lost).
I've seen it grow from 1997 to 2014, and, to be honest, I'm curious to see how it has grown now, compared to 5 years ago.

smf4ever

W:O:A Metalhead
12 Aug. 2016
Washington DC, USA
One thing needs to be said. It is a huge camping area, where you can easily get lost, and a big festival area (where you won't get lost).
I've seen it grow from 1997 to 2014, and, to be honest, I'm curious to see how it has grown now, compared to 5 years ago.
I was NOT prepared for how freakin large the camping area actually is... seeing it on the maps.. and how that translates into real life... was.... a shock.. (Thus the first thing I did when I got back this past year.. was order a big ass backpack rather than thinking of trying to manage a suitcase (even with wheels) in and out another year....)

Reaktionen: Quark

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Hello all!
Coming to Wacken for the first time this year from Australia.
As I post this it is less than 80 days to go - time to start planning on what I am going to take - and what to leave behind!
W\HELL/come!

See the camping thread for a list of things to take with you, and so on.

And what's more to know about you? Where from Australia? Age? Music style etc?

29 Dez. 2018
Down Under
"And what's more to know about you? Where from Australia? Age? Music style etc?"

Currently in Canberra.
49yo, but I still remember the day I first heard Dio, Judas Priest, Wasp and others when someone lent me a box of cassette tapes (remember them?).
Favourite genres: symphonic & prog metal, old-school thrash.
Most looking forward to: Demons & Wizards (never thought I'd see them live!), Within Temptation, Battle Beast, Eluveitie, Night Flight Orchestra, Opeth, Delain, Evergrey, Myrath

smf4ever

W:O:A Metalhead
12 Aug. 2016
Washington DC, USA
Hello all!
Coming to Wacken for the first time this year from Australia.
As I post this it is less than 80 days to go - time to start planning on what I am going to take - and what to leave behind!
Welcome dude!!!

Last year was my first Wacken.. and yea.. I packed too much (but.. was an odd year, so I understand.. with no rain). That pinned post is SO helpful. If you have any questions always ask.. lots of cool people and information on these boards.

Hemmer

8 Okt. 2017
MN, USA
Second Wacken, coming alone again from Minnesota! Countdown to leaving for Deutschland...58 days, 13 hours, 2 minutes and 31 seconds!