• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
Anybody got any metal recommendations? I realized that if some great band got big in the past ~5 years, I would have no idea.

Sabaton, Wintersun, Avantasia, and so on are still putting out good stuff, but I do wonder what I could be missing.

agresionpower

22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Anybody got any metal recommendations? I realized that if some great band got big in the past ~5 years, I would have no idea.

Sabaton, Wintersun, Avantasia, and so on are still putting out good stuff, but I do wonder what I could be missing.

The Germans really like powerwolf. I'm not that much into them though, sounds like sabaton with childish lyrics to me :p

But great to see you're still alive btw :D

agresionpower

22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
I'll have a listen. It's not like I listen to metal for the lyrics anyway.

Am I? Good to know.

How's life?

well, you've told me in the past you don't listen to some bands because of their lyrics.

you seem to be. :p

I'm having a couple of though days at the moment, mostly because I'm recovering from wacken.
But other than that Life is alright. How about you?

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
well, you've told me in the past you don't listen to some bands because of their lyrics.

I'm having a couple of though days at the moment, mostly because I'm recovering from wacken.
But other than that Life is alright. How about you?

I did? I don't even remember. Weird.

How does Wacken now compare to 2009/2010 when I was there (so long ago...)?

Mostly okay I guess. Done with school. Job hunting sucks.

agresionpower

22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
I did? I don't even remember. Weird.

How does Wacken now compare to 2009/2010 when I was there (so long ago...)?

Mostly okay I guess. Done with school. Job hunting sucks.

well, if the the lyrical content was anti christian for instance.

It's pretty good, logistically things are better. In general the crowd is a bit less enthousiastic in my opinion.
But when big acts like Amon Amarth play they do get really excited.

What kind of job are you looking for?

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
well, if the the lyrical content was anti christian for instance.

It's pretty good, logistically things are better. In general the crowd is a bit less enthousiastic in my opinion.
But when big acts like Amon Amarth play they do get really excited.

What kind of job are you looking for?

Ah. I think I stopped caring about even those lyrics long ago. Well before I gave up the entire religion thing entirely. (Yes, you read that right)

Sounds good. You sure it doesn't just seem less enthusiastic because you're not as young as you were?

Something in web development, ideally. My skills aren't all there yet, though, so I'm taking some online bootcamps to improve my chances.

Reaktionen: Quark

agresionpower

22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Ah. I think I stopped caring about even those lyrics long ago. Well before I gave up the entire religion thing entirely. (Yes, you read that right)

Sounds good. You sure it doesn't just seem less enthusiastic because you're not as young as you were?

Something in web development, ideally. My skills aren't all there yet, though, so I'm taking some online bootcamps to improve my chances.

That is a bit surprising to hear indeed! Would you consider yourself an agnostic now? Or did you you go full athiest right away?

Could be haha.

I hope you'll find something soon, I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Zuletzt bearbeitet: