Is this worthy of 25 Years Wacken

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Steinhaut

19 Dez. 2013
I have bought my ticket and I am very exited to be at the holy Wacken land in August but I have to say I am a little bit disappointed and concerned.

The line up they are working on is imho lacking a line up worthy a 25 years celebration. I do not see any real fukc this is insane Band as of right now.

I just had a look at the Hellfest line up and I was blown away.
http://www.hellfest.fr/splash/

Hoping that during the Christmas days they will announce some great bands worthy a headliner spot for a 25 years Wacken celebration.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
I have bought my ticket and I am very exited to be at the holy Wacken land in August but I have to say I am a little bit disappointed and concerned.

The line up they are working on is imho lacking a line up worthy a 25 years celebration. I do not see any real fukc this is insane Band as of right now.

I just had a look at the Hellfest line up and I was blown away.
http://www.hellfest.fr/splash/

Hoping that during the Christmas days they will announce some great bands worthy a headliner spot for a 25 years Wacken celebration.

Hellfest is in June, and I've heard the camping is pretty crappy as well. Besides, the French can't brew beer.

Furthermore, there are 3 stages, so you'll see many bands overlap each other. And don't care about big names! They will overlap as well!

1000 Knork

W:O:A Metalhead
11 Aug. 2011
Hellfest is in June, and I've heard the camping is pretty crappy as well. Besides, the French can't brew beer.

Furthermore, there are 3 stages, so you'll see many bands overlap each other. And don't care about big names! They will overlap as well!

Furthermore, Clisson is figuratively the rear end of the world :ugly:

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
BECK'S can't either :ugly:

Still better than french beer! :o
Trust me, if you have a "Kronenbourg" or a Beck's, you'll be HAPPY to drink the Beck's! :p:ugly::D
And regarding the Line-Up.. At least wait till the 25th of december to completely dismiss it.. And even after that, there are still bands coming.

I'm still confused why people are comparing a finished Line-Up with one that is missing half of the bands... :rolleyes:

People think they can compare, 'cause they've seen the BIG names on the bill in Clisson, whereas there are none at the Wacken bill yet. So... they compare apples to pears.

Blackmoon666

W:O:A Metalmaster
19 Aug. 2008
btw: 2009's headliner Heaven & Hell was announced in February 2009. nonetheless, I hope next year's headliner will be announced at Christmas. it would be a neverending shit storm if we had to wait another couple of months...

Death to Vatican

8 Mai 2009
Torino, Italy (Juventusland!)
You're right. There's a lot of impatient people (including me) out there that should probably show more trust in the WOA organization. But please (please please) understand also that there is a lot of excitement for this 25th anniversary and probably (i repeat it "probably") a more consistent announcement policy mixing more the big names and the unknown bands would have helped. This is what I think. And I freaking liked the announcement of today...! ;)

Heathen-Warrior

20 Aug. 2012
Darmstadt
An sold out for about 4 month now... Why wait to announce the big names???

I, personally, love waiting for new bands. I like the excitement of what could come next :o And yes it's sold out, so it doesn't matter when the bands are announced...

Most important thing is, that the Line-Up is great once the festival start, not over half a year before that :ugly:

austro-yank

6 Aug. 2013
USA
I found several bands in the current line-up I want to see. It's just a matter of the right scheduling. :)

But, in all fairness, the line-up is average so far. I am patiently waiting for the last bands to be revealed. Frankly, if not a real big hammer is being announced, it might just be a fudged up 25th anniversary. It's like having a 50th birthday and only the in-laws are showing up.:rolleyes: