Circle Pits and Wall of Death

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

metaalhoofd

22 Aug. 2010
Im dissapointed about the ban of wall of deaths and circle pit, I know the risk of being injured, for example, I went to a mexican band( dont know the name of the band anymore ) but one of the fellow moshpitters punches me right under my lungs, it felt like hell and I need to get out of the pit, lucky for me 2 moshes saw me and made safe passage for me, with this example I want to say moshing has become a culture and a part of a headbangers life, you can't be 100% sure for safety in festivals, and above all, metal is against useless laws, and we rebel it, if we use common sense we know when to stop and when and where to mosh. and above all, in the metal world, we are all brothers and we will NOT cause violently harm at each other ( kicking punching and stabbing for example )

Marklar

22 Aug. 2010
Banning the act of crowd surfing, moshpit, and wall of death is complete bullocks and biggest mistake Wacken orgas made this year, but I don’t blame directly them it’s probably the love bullshit parade’s fault with their gay-ass music and their drugged up people.
Apart from the cultural point of view and how the metal tradition is based moshing, crowsurfing etc., the orgas should look at the statistics: I mean there must be at least 100 times more Wacken fans visiting clinics or hospitals nearby due to alcohol related reasons rather than minor injuries at a moshpit accident. That means that logically they first have to ban alcohol at Wacken -which is the No. 1 cause of being hospitalized- and then moshpits and walls of death.
And I don’t want to hear anything like ‘it’s your personal choice to drink more than you can handle’ etc. it’s all free choice, you can either enter a moshpit/wall of death or you cannot- all the metal fans know how to avoid those things if they want to, they are not that unintelligent.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Banning the act of crowd surfing, moshpit, and wall of death is complete bullocks and biggest mistake Wacken orgas made this year, but I don’t blame directly them it’s probably the love bullshit parade’s fault with their gay-ass music and their drugged up people.
Apart from the cultural point of view and how the metal tradition is based moshing, crowsurfing etc., the orgas should look at the statistics: I mean there must be at least 100 times more Wacken fans visiting clinics or hospitals nearby due to alcohol related reasons rather than minor injuries at a moshpit accident. That means that logically they first have to ban alcohol at Wacken -which is the No. 1 cause of being hospitalized- and then moshpits and walls of death.
And I don’t want to hear anything like ‘it’s your personal choice to drink more than you can handle’ etc. it’s all free choice, you can either enter a moshpit/wall of death or you cannot- all the metal fans know how to avoid those things if they want to, they are not that unintelligent.

DON'T GENERALISE!!! There are also GAY metalheads, trust me!

But... weather you like it or not, the LOVE PARADE has had a huge influence on security on major events like e.g. W:O:A. It's inevitable that somehting had to be done this year, and in this case a complete ban on CP's and WoD's.
Now, you can either like it or not, but don't forget that during the LP 30 people died because of insufficiant security measures, and that Germany does NOT want a repeat of a "LoveParade"-like event anymore. (meaning, big events)
That's why there was a ban on both CP and WoD.

It's not a mistake, it's just a consequence of what happed in Duisburg.

Patience, next year everyone will forget about the LP, and you can all go CP'ing and doing WoD's.

Marklar

22 Aug. 2010
Sure there are 'gay metalheads', the ones that want the circlepits and walls of death banned. What a bunch of pussies :mad:
Hopefully the whole thing will be forgotten next year and everything will return back to normal where people can embrace their metal identity by behaving as such, if not Wacken Open Air is going to go down the shitter or turned into some giant-vagina festival with Limp Bizkit headlining it.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Sure there are 'gay metalheads', the ones that want the circlepits and walls of death banned. What a bunch of pussies :mad:
Hopefully the whole thing will be forgotten next year and everything will return back to normal where people can embrace their metal identity by behaving as such, if not Wacken Open Air is going to go down the shitter or turned into some giant-vagina festival with Limp Bizkit headlining it.

Godver, wat ben jij 'kleinkarriert' or kortzichitig!

Only because YOU don't agree, everyone is a pussy or whatever insults you can imagine.

BAH! :mad:

Cinntev

21 Dez. 2009
Frankreich
Ban it, and you might as well install chairs and just run metallica and other mainstream concerts for pussies in blazers, because the metalheads will go where the metal is.

I completely agree with that. I think all the new generation (20-30 years old) metalheads know that majority people in WOA are in the spirit of 80's metal. Young metalheads are on, and we love CP, WOD (even if I don't often take part in, it's a part of our identity). I know most of people prefer quiet concerts with a bier (and even maybe a chair?!), being drunk and wearing a blazer with old bands patch. What I mean is that metalheads are tolerant, if we don't want to go in circle pit, we won't get in, I nearly nerver go in, but I respect it.

You say metalheads against racism, you want tolerance, so be tolerant about young ones who want to put a whole year of frustration in a giant party, a friendly event, including CPs and WOD.

I think, and of course it's my only mind, that if you ban circle pit, wacken will never ever be sold out again, and will become a retire house for pussies in blazers.

Thank you, and my apologize if my english was not that good.

Nasreddin

W:O:A Metalhead
9 Aug. 2010
Essen

If you can't express yourself without offending others fuckoff you douchebag. Just because people don't like circle pits they are pussies? ...

And you think you are a better person than anyone who was at the Loveparade?

Trolls like you are somehow annoying...

Marklar

22 Aug. 2010
If you can't express yourself without offending others fuckoff you douchebag. Just because people don't like circle pits they are pussies? ...

And you think you are a better person than anyone who was at the Loveparade?

Trolls like you are somehow annoying...

You gotta read my comments more carefully next time, sure I used strong language but I described as 'pussies' not the people who dislike circlepits but the ones who want the circlepits BANNED from metal festivals, i.e. can anyone imagine last year's Machine Head's legendary performance at Wacken without the circlepits? Could Machine Head perform just as good if everyone was sitting on chairs? Probably not.
And I didn't say that I was better or worse from anyone at Loveparade, that's very subjective and it depends how you define what is 'good' or 'evil'.
And I'm not a troll, I'm a finntroll :cool:

ryanjvh

21 Aug. 2010
Can anyone explain to me from some of the last few posts how anything would get accomplished if the only thing that's happening is attacking certain people or parties. Really, come on it's not helping.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
You gotta read my comments more carefully next time, sure I used strong language but I described as 'pussies' not the people who dislike circlepits but the ones who want the circlepits BANNED from metal festivals, i.e. can anyone imagine last year's Machine Head's legendary performance at Wacken without the circlepits? Could Machine Head perform just as good if everyone was sitting on chairs? Probably not.
And I didn't say that I was better or worse from anyone at Loveparade, that's very subjective and it depends how you define what is 'good' or 'evil'.
And I'm not a troll, I'm a finntroll :cool:

Proficiat!
A Troll = A troll, even if it is Finnish. :rolleyes:

Marklar

22 Aug. 2010
Anyway going back to the subject, there are costs and benefits when entering a circlepit or wall of death and everyone is aware of that. If you think the benefits are more than the costs then you'll enter the circlepit; if the costs of having minor injuries outweigh the benefits of getting closer to your fellow man then you won't enter. And it should be your choice, not somebody's 'hysterical' reaction due to recent events.

ryanjvh

21 Aug. 2010
Anyway going back to the subject, there are costs and benefits when entering a circlepit or wall of death and everyone is aware of that. If you think the benefits are more than the costs then you'll enter the circlepit; if the costs of having minor injuries outweigh the benefits of getting closer to your fellow man then you won't enter. And it should be your choice, not somebody's 'hysterical' reaction due to recent events.

And if you look beyond Circle Pits and Wall of Deaths, there are costs going into ANYTHING one does. Hell, those trenches at the entrance from the bus area is dangerous...especially when you're mad drunk. My point being is that no matter where you go there are always going to be risks and I believe when you try to minimize risks that people are already aware of, the risk becomes greater. Anyone agree?