Any Australians making the trip over this year?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Aussie Odin

29 Juni 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Yep, we're there

Yep - there's a group of us going from Melbourne. Going to Headbanger's Open Air the weekend before and then on to Wacken. It's our 3rd trip to WOA - hope we get the same weather that we had in 2007 - nice and warm. We were also there for the 2005 mud-fest....

Hanging out for 4 days of beer, metal and not washing!!!

Brat

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
LOL HERE I AM!!!

seriously though, as posted before, I'm boycotting following the overselling of 2008 which was not controlled last year either...

it's too expensive now to go and watch the tv screens or miss bands in the wet stage entirely because there's not room

shame, I really miss the festival's atmosphere, but for someone who isn't about drinking all day it's a waste of a couple of thousand dollars

Last year I stuck to some smaller Finnish festivals and only shared Heaven & Hell with max 2000 people....

LooseCannon

3 Aug. 2002
Baltimore,Maryland USA
Website besuchen
LOL HERE I AM!!!

seriously though, as posted before, I'm boycotting following the overselling of 2008 which was not controlled last year either...

it's too expensive now to go and watch the tv screens or miss bands in the wet stage entirely because there's not room

shame, I really miss the festival's atmosphere, but for someone who isn't about drinking all day it's a waste of a couple of thousand dollars

Last year I stuck to some smaller Finnish festivals and only shared Heaven & Hell with max 2000 people....

But, we miss ya being around.

Brat

26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
I miss all you guys as well...

hey, I'm on facebook these days but I only allow people who are my friends...

If any of my Wacken brothers and sisters are reading this, drop me an add

Chris, my cousin, adrian, is heading your way for the Deathfest. His band is Nazxul

Gilray

25 Mai 2010
Hey guys, I'm Gil from Newcastle,

My friend Scott (from Sydney) and I will be at Sonisphere and Wacken then doing a bit of backpacking. Be great to meet up with you guys over at Wacken for a camp out and one (or 30) good brews!!!

Let me know what your plans are guys. Cheer!

Gil

Brat

26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
Hail people!

I've got a big favour to ask of the attendees this year!!!

I need to get in contact with the people who sell the mead at Wacken!

Can everyone hassle these people for a website or email address please!

Thanks!

Dopethrone

4 Juni 2010
Dopethrone you are my newest best friend here! I tried search google with words like 'met' 'mead' and 'wacken' but all I got was people's wacken reports including my own! :D

I once was at the shop over there and some dude told me that they'll brew the mead in 2009 so I think (or better hope) they did...:D

Brat

26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
I just looked at the site and saw the bottled stuff...

Do you know if this is the same place that has been selling it there for years...they seem to have the same variety - plain and with cherry juice...
- unfortunately honey product imports are forbidden in australia

I'm hoping they will help me make some here in Australia. I have a few recipes but I'm trying to match the light wine style they have. So far the recipes I've found are more honey liquor than the mead that can be drunk in large quantities like beer