Statement about: Varg at the W:O:A

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

DarkCapricorn

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Aug. 2008
Asgard
www.facebook.com
let's hope that people understand this statement and stop with this stupid nonsense thing. Varg is a great band and i'm happy that they could play at WOA and prove the world that now they diserve a second chance.

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
Don't know why I'm bothering, I'm just going to be attacked...

But seriously, what's the deal with all this? I mean I get that Germany and most of Europe is extremely anti-Nazi for obvious reasons, but... in 2007, one member of the band ONCE wore a shirt from a band that was NSBM. A... shirt. He didn't start screaming "kill the Jews/blacks" onstage. He wore a fricken shirt.

Call me a stupid American who "just doesn't understand anything" if you must, but excuse me for thinking this has gotten a bit out of hand...

Deathbringer

13 März 2009
Massachusetts
Don't know why I'm bothering, I'm just going to be attacked...

But seriously, what's the deal with all this? I mean I get that Germany and most of Europe is extremely anti-Nazi for obvious reasons, but... in 2007, one member of the band ONCE wore a shirt from a band that was NSBM. A... shirt. He didn't start screaming "kill the Jews/blacks" onstage. He wore a fricken shirt.

Call me a stupid American who "just doesn't understand anything" if you must, but excuse me for thinking this has gotten a bit out of hand...

Its part of our culture for not seeing such things as a big deal. Personally, I agree with you. Don't allow NSBM bands to play, but isn't it personal taste if he likes the music? I mean, it might not even reflect his personal opinions, just like listening to certain pagan and black metal about killing Christians doesn't make me anti-christian. It's not being reflected in his open personality, it's not being reflected in his band's music, so why the heck does it matter?

I know I too will probably get shit for saying that. I am not racist, I don't believe in any forms of nazism either. I just think it's time to let these things go.

DetroitDon

W:O:A Metalhead
18 Dez. 2009
Detroit,MI USA
www.myspace.com
I see it this way, alot of Slayer's songs deal with ww2 and Nazi subjects and many take them the wrong way. Uuhhgg how to explain this...it's ironic in the States you would see a lot of "neo nazi skinheads", at Anthrax and Biohazard shows when both bands have JEWISH members! The skins would march around raising their arms and headbanging. (just shows the ignorance at it's finest..lol)

Now I am a huge fan of Ted Nugent and I can't STAND his fucking American pro war right wing stance. with his "if you don't want guns go to fucking France with the rest of the liberals". I kinda shrug it off and consider the source you know? But it comes down to music for me, (and you'd be suprised to know of Nugent's double standards on views)

There was a local battle of the bands in Michigan area near Detroit back in 1994 and there was a skin head band "rahowa" or someshit like that. Now they had to pay $1,000 to play the gig, because nobody really wanted to hear their bullshit. They set up White Power shirts and cd's etc....the band sounded fucking HORRIBLE, everyone booed them off the stage.

cyber999

20 Apr. 2007
The Azores - Portugal
Its part of our culture for not seeing such things as a big deal. Personally, I agree with you. Don't allow NSBM bands to play, but isn't it personal taste if he likes the music? I mean, it might not even reflect his personal opinions, just like listening to certain pagan and black metal about killing Christians doesn't make me anti-christian. It's not being reflected in his open personality, it's not being reflected in his band's music, so why the heck does it matter?

I know I too will probably get shit for saying that. I am not racist, I don't believe in any forms of nazism either. I just think it's time to let these things go.

As far as a know, the vocalist have close relashionships with nazi scum, he has sympathy for n.s ideas

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Deathbringer

13 März 2009
Massachusetts
As far as a know, the vocalist have close relashionships with nazi scum, he has sympathy for n.s ideas

Having relationships with people and having sympathy for N.S ideas are VERY different than acting upon it. I just think it's pathetic to judge a band's music based on one member's beliefs. Sure, you might believe it to be wrong, and it might be against laws, but as long as he isn't acting upon it, who gives a damn? It's up to you to not see them live and its up to you to support them or not, its within your rights just as it is to have Wacken say they're keeping them. They're being given the benefit of the doubt.

There are some things that personal politics shouldn't get into, and that's music selection. I go based on what it sounds like personally, I don't care if the person is Christian, Muslim, Jew, communist, capitalist, or some obscure political-religion that believes alien life forms will recover dead people, turn them purple and bring them back to life as long as the music sounds good. Though I must admit, if somebody believed in the last one I would be quite amused.

cyber999

20 Apr. 2007
The Azores - Portugal
Having relationships with people and having sympathy for N.S ideas are VERY different than acting upon it. I just think it's pathetic to judge a band's music based on one member's beliefs.

oh yeah?. i was told that the vocalist have a friend that has been released from prison recently and told him that he likes n.s.b.m and we wanted to organize a n.s festival.

so i think they should be kicked out of the festival cause racist scum have no place at wacken. and they is another problem, they will attract more nazis to wacken

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
Disagree.

If you're right about the Varg vocalist wanting to organize a NSBM festival, I'd like to see a more reliable source than "I heard that/I was told...". If that's true, it makes a bit more sense, but I'm not assuming anything as the controversy was about the band shirt and nothing else.

Even if their singer does actually support those beliefs... so what? He's not hurting anyone, and neither are any Nazis that do happen to go to Wacken. I'm personally more worried about Maiden and Slayer fans hurting me than Nazis. Obviously the organizers should take appropriate action against anyone who does go around Wacken hurting people or trying to promote their beliefs, but as far as I know that hasn't been a problem in the past, and it won't be this year either. I'm sure there are at least some Nazis at Wacken like any other fest or event, but unless they actually do anything, who cares?

But either way, the fact is, Varg isn't NSBM. They're not Nazis. They don't promote Nazism in any of their songs or shows. And that, as the Wacken organizers themselves agree, is not enough to prevent them from playing. Don't know why you can't just accept the decision. If you don't like it, go to another festival.

Deathbringer

13 März 2009
Massachusetts
oh yeah?. i was told that the vocalist have a friend that has been released from prison recently and told him that he likes n.s.b.m and we wanted to organize a n.s festival

A friend is not him acting upon it. I have a friend I used to be close with who was in jail for assaulting a guy and burnt a church. I'm nothing like the dude. The vocalist likes music of a genre that is intolerant, but if you like any music anti-Christian, so do you. I'm not going to hold a guy's music choices against his band no more than his political choice. I have a friend who likes some NSBM and he is no way associated with the political movement behind it, in fact, he's entirely against it but likes the sound of the music for whatever reason, in the end its up to him, not us. Varg is not a politically-motivated band. Besides, this whole thing was going on three years ago. A lot can change in that period of time. I know this one all too well. I am really not the same person I was in 2007.

Like I stated before, its probably cultural differences. In a way to me "so and so wants to organize a n.s festival" has the same effect to me as my cousins telling on each other over saying "fuck," no offense. We see such group affiliations, black power, white power, and fucked up people who hate humanity, as being no more different than being a member of an undesirable fucked up political group that never in a billion years would win a majority again as long as people aren't stupid enough to vote for them. If you trust people won't ever go for these people they will never gain power.

cyber999

20 Apr. 2007
The Azores - Portugal
A friend is not him acting upon it. I have a friend I used to be close with who was in jail for assaulting a guy and burnt a church. I'm nothing like the dude. The vocalist likes music of a genre that is intolerant, but if you like any music anti-Christian, so do you. I'm not going to hold a guy's music choices against his band no more than his political choice. I have a friend who likes some NSBM and he is no way associated with the political movement behind it, in fact, he's entirely against it but likes the sound of the music for whatever reason, in the end its up to him, not us. Varg is not a politically-motivated band. Besides, this whole thing was going on three years ago. A lot can change in that period of time. I know this one all too well. I am really not the same person I was in 2007.

Like I stated before, its probably cultural differences. In a way to me "so and so wants to organize a n.s festival" has the same effect to me as my cousins telling on each other over saying "fuck," no offense. We see such group affiliations, black power, white power, and fucked up people who hate humanity, as being no more different than being a member of an undesirable fucked up political group that never in a billion years would win a majority again as long as people aren't stupid enough to vote for them. If you trust people won't ever go for these people they will never gain power.

sorry i didnt expain it very well my english is not that good: i was trying to say that varg vocalist told his friend that he likes n.s metal and he want to make a festival only with n.s bands

bah my english is really rusty, i should check all the english grammar again..

Zuletzt bearbeitet: