What are these bands at Wacken ?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Yanos666

W:O:A Metalhead
6 März 2009
Liverpool
lol!!

Reincarnatus I actually really like an unless your a big Anthrax fan then they're worth watching for sure.

Almost all those medieval bands are really good from what I've heard.

Schandmaul are brilliant too....

But I'l tell you why they are playing wacken! Because W:O:A is a celebration of music and if you haven't been before maybe you aren't aware that there's a very strong medieval theme and feeling that runs through the Wacken crowds. Having a medieval stage and these kind of bands playing is a very fitting addition to the festival!

Soooooo STFU please!

no.human.being

16 Aug. 2008
Augsburg
Those are only once worth going to. Actually Schandmaul are giving great performance on stage - highly recommended. The only problem - I do not understand a single word of their lyrics and as far as I know - they are really good since crowd sing along with them all the time.

That shouldn't be a problem. I'll be definitely watching the Kampfar show this year and almost every Kampfar song is in Norwegian language. I won't understand a single word but that is not going to prevent me from rocking out to the live performance of that pioneering band. They have such an amazing live presence.

Fuck, if you are playing for 20 years, but your band name is known to 20 people including your band mates and your mother - you are a fuckin' looser. Quit the music, go work in farm or something.

Actually there are very good bands which do not have such a commercial focus as other bands may have and as such are still quite "underground" even though they are very talented. If your band is popular, it simply means that marketing is doing it right, not neccessarily that the band has good musicians. :D

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Astrum

9 Mai 2006
Ramat Gan, Israel
That shouldn't be a problem. I'll be definitely watching the Kampfar show this year and almost every Kampfar song is in Norwegian language. I won't understand a single word but that is not going to prevent me from rocking out to the live performance of that pioneering band. They have such an amazing live presence.
Last time I went to Schandmaul show with my german friends, who were translating almost all of the lyrics and even teaching my some chorus lyrics, so I could sing along with the crowd.

Actually there are very good bands which do not have such a commercial focus as other bands may have and as such are still quite "underground" even though they are very talented. If your band is popular, it simply means that marketing is doing it right, not neccessarily that the band has good musicians. :D
If through 20 years you didn't make anything out of yourself - you suck. Don't get me wrong - I'm all underground you can be, got no problem with that if u say "fuck commerce".
BTW, I checked out all of those bands on their myspace. I didn't like any of them.