THE (semi) DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO GETTING TO WACKEN

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

metal_martin

W:O:A Metalhead
16 Nov. 2008
Peterborough, England
Well. I travel tomorrow and get to the Festival site at 8 ish in the evening.

For those that don't see me at the List Meet - have a great time. For those that do - have a great time, despite meeting me!!

You may also see me running round the festival site at some point - I will be wearing running shoes with red laces. Stop me and say Hi (I will probably appreciate the break!!)

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Some additional info for those who go by train.
If your train does not call at Hamburg Altona, you can either take the S-Bahn, as described, but there's a 2nd possibility.
Take the Regional train (Regionalbahn or Regionalexpress) to KIEL Hbf!
Then you change in Elmshorn. The train to Sylt(Westerland) will arrive 5 to 10 minutes later at the same track and it brings you straight to Itzehoe.

If you're lucky, there's also a direct Regionalbahn to Itzehoe. (train calls at all stations)

For the return with change in Elmahorn, the change is a cross-platform change. (on the other track)

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
Because every year, there always are people who have NEVER been in Wacken (by their own means).

well yea, apparently people need more specific info
but the site is specific enough really, just says "train to Itzehoe"
people can search the DB's site and figure out what route is best, and you don't even need to know what to do after you get to Itzehoe... you can just ask one of the zillions of metalheads there, or find one of those taxis with the Wacken flags... I could have done it even if I weren't with you guys :p

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
well yea, apparently people need more specific info
but the site is specific enough really, just says "train to Itzehoe"
people can search the DB's site and figure out what route is best, and you don't even need to know what to do after you get to Itzehoe... you can just ask one of the zillions of metalheads there, or find one of those taxis with the Wacken flags... I could have done it even if I weren't with you guys :p

Well, I was more or less surprised you managed to get to Heide from Göteborg.

Knowing you did all by yourself then...