Thin Lizzy at the W:O:A 2009

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

DrunkGromit

22 Jan. 2009
I really think, theres been enough Death&Black the last few years, so its Time for some REAL MUSIC......At least this Time.....

Huhu -_- yes but the last years there was Black/Death AND Power/Heavy everyone had something to see ... and still there was more Heavy, Power and Hard Rock than extrem metal so NO there were not enough Death/Black to say that this year it's time for some "real music" ... I hope this is a joke -_-

Yanos666

W:O:A Metalhead
6 März 2009
Liverpool
That was amazing news! I mean i'm not a fan really, but still comeon you can't complain about this... this years line up and its response on the forums has only really given me one opinion and that is, death metal fans are all spoilt brats or act like them, seriously all of you please stop moaning its
"THE BEST OF WACKEN OVER 20YEARS!"

and thats the kinda line up you're getting!

now how many of you will join me in singing along to the "the boys are back in town" on thursday night an gettin drunk?! ;) :D :D :D

DrunkGromit

22 Jan. 2009
now how many of you will join me in singing along to the "the boys are back in town" on thursday night an gettin drunk?! ;) :D :D :D

Sure I join ! I'm happy about this anouncement and I have things to see on the bill. Just saying that it's really sad to don't have great bands for everyone cause this is the Wacken anniverssary for the heavy metal fans and the death metal fans. And with this everyone can't really celebrate.

L

Lord Soth

another damn crappy old school rock band... I thought it's gonna be a "metal" festival and not the last station of a whole bunch of grandpas before they retire... the orga-team must be kidding me! tey really know how to piss people who just want to listen to real metal off!

WEll, young lad... at least this IS real Metal stuff... if you ever saw DIO live in the last years, you'd have to admit that this guy alone rocks more than many of those younger bands, even if he could easily be your grandfather! Same goes with Thin Lizzy, even w/o Phil.:o:cool:

Give 'em a chance. And don't forget the roots... even Running wild do have a cover song of TL, so they were influenced by this music. Got the meaning? Everything comes from SOMEWHERE. So you have the amazing chance to watch from WHERE!:cool:;)

Seatiger

W:O:A Metalmaster
1 Dez. 2008
WEll, young lad... at least this IS real Metal stuff... if you ever saw DIO live in the last years, you'd have to admit that this guy alone rocks more than many of those younger bands, even if he could easily be your grandfather! Same goes with Thin Lizzy, even w/o Phil.:o:cool:

Give 'em a chance. And don't forget the roots... even Running wild do have a cover song of TL, so they were influenced by this music. Got the meaning? Everything comes from SOMEWHERE. So you have the amazing chance to watch from WHERE!:cool:;)

Wise words.

But her opinion is also understandable.

Jordan

25 März 2009
Well that's quite a good news !
Too bad Phil Lynott died 20 years ago, looks more like a cover-band with one original member than the real band, a little bit like if Led Zep was performing w/o Jimmy Page...

But still a good news, will be a good rock'n'roll time.

And now, bring on some famous death metal (one with more than an album/EP), and I'll call myself "mostly satisfied".

Hail & Grill

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Aug. 2008
Metallien/Provinz Power
Well that's quite a good news !
Too bad Phil Lynott died 20 years ago, looks more like a cover-band with one original member than the real band, a little bit like if Led Zep was performing w/o Jimmy Page...

But still a good news, will be a good rock'n'roll time.

And now, bring on some famous death metal (one with more than an album/EP), and I'll call myself "mostly satisfied".

:eek:
YOU, are not whining around that Thin Lizzy is coming to wacken?!? Wow...amazing...I didn´t expected you to apreciate a "senior" band ever...

Jordan

25 März 2009
haha, you guys are funny ;)

no sarcasm, I mean I'd prefer something like Deep Purple or Led Zep, but still far better than this power-metal saxon crap :D

(oh and by the way, did I ever complained about Motorhead or H&H ?)

kraB

11 Mai 2009
That was amazing news! I mean i'm not a fan really, but still comeon you can't complain about this... this years line up and its response on the forums has only really given me one opinion and that is, death metal fans are all spoilt brats or act like them, seriously all of you please stop moaning its
"THE BEST OF WACKEN OVER 20YEARS!"

and thats the kinda line up you're getting!

spoilt brats? this will be my first trip to wacken and i would love some melo-death/metalcore. I think the list got enough rock bands now :cool: