ticket holders to vote to kick bands out of Wacken 09

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

FlauschiHasi

W:O:A Metalhead
18 Okt. 2008
bayern D;
Would it be possible to start a petition to get some bands off of the bill completely to allow room for better ones?

So far on the forums not one word of praise has been said in bullet for my valentines, walls of jericho, or bring me the horizons name.

How has management not noticed this? What happened to one of the greatest 'metal' festivals of all time? So far, and I know I am not alone in stating this, Wacken 09 is turning out to be a disappointment.

So I propose an agreement with all those in charge, that there should be a critical mass of fan votes to get rid of agreed on individual band that has only been receiving criticism. Why can't certain positions be freed up for an act not only that people want to see, but that people paid good money for? OR at the very least just get rid of some bands. Then at least the overall quality of the show would improve.

These are just my thoughts, but I could honestly see this happening and think that it would be a great step in improving Wacken 09.

I support you. totally.

It's breaking my heart to see the orga announcing a band that makes you think "o look at that.. you can get to bang hot emo groupie-chicks AND make lots of money at the same time by making stupid metal-like screamo-crap". And I can't help but think "... A band like Kataklysm could have been announced instead of this. That's another chance lost for kataklysm. =( "

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

grandbernan

29 März 2009
Canada
www.myspace.com
I just think that with so many people complaining I would at least try to make an effort to get enough people together to get a point across to management about who WE want to see at a festival WE paid for.

I wish Kataklysm could play, not only because they are great, but because they are fucking CANADIAN!!

Yanos666

6 März 2009
Liverpool
Yeah your right, if you don't like bands like BMTH, BFMV or Callejon or whatever, just sit back and relax on the campground...

They can't make a perfect billing for everyone and because there are a lot of Metalheads that like BFMV, BFMV has the right to play there. It was the same 2007 when Sonic Syndicate came. Everyone said nobody will watch them because Sonic Syndicate is just something for Emo-Kiddies but in fact there were enough metalheads to enjoy a nice concert of Sonic Syndicate...

Funny you should say that I really dont like Emo bands, but I found myself loving sonic syndicates set... although I think they're not the same kind of emo as BFMV who i have suffered through live before and I do hope they get the treatment that MCR got at download in 2007 when someone threw an axe at them!!! along with hundreds of bottles! Now i wouldn't wish them any injury but it would certainly get the point across!

Seriously though I do think the general line up is the weakest in 5years which is a tragedy really... 15th anniversary had a 10x stronger line up tha nthe 20th and the festival has grown.... just doesn't make sense.... hell just having Maiden, gorgoroth and nightwish last year pretty much outstripped this billing so far.

Still i'm sure it will be fun, not legendary but it will be good, I wil ldrink wit my mates and have a nice week chilling out and listening to metal... though I can't help but feel like it should have been so much more. I think this is the last year I buy my ticket early though. Unless they announce Metallica/Immortal/Man'o'War to headline 2010?! lol

Yanos666

6 März 2009
Liverpool
I'd like to point out from that i'm not suggesting anyone does throw a real axe! that'd be crazy I jus mean that short of organising a mass exodus from the stage an leaving them with no crowd all you can do is the ye olde english idea of throwing empty plastic bottles at the stage! probably in germany that wouldn't go down very well but happens a lot over here!

Hirnschlacht

14 Mai 2007
Oumpfgard

Jordan

25 März 2009
Everyone tells German metalheads are very kind and friendly, so I hope we won't see any flying axe ;)

As for BmtH & Callejon, they tour almost every european fest this summer ! That's crazy, I feel like their tour manager insisted a lot to get them booked everywhere... Maybe even giving money to fest organizers ? ;)
Seriously though I do think the general line up is the weakest in 5years which is a tragedy really...
True. Absolutely true...

And by the way, to stay in the topic, I'd say I would be faster for me to list the bands I'd like to keep than the bands I would like to kick out ;)

Yanos666

6 März 2009
Liverpool
Everyone tells German metalheads are very kind and friendly, so I hope we won't see any flying axe ;)

As for BmtH & Callejon, they tour almost every european fest this summer ! That's crazy, I feel like their tour manager insisted a lot to get them booked everywhere... Maybe even giving money to fest organizers ? ;)

True. Absolutely true...

And by the way, to stay in the topic, I'd say I would be faster for me to list the bands I'd like to keep than the bands I would like to kick out ;)

The german metalheads are really friendly yeh. Great people :)

I think I like almost half playing well i dont dislike them atleast.... like i said there's about 23 i wanna watch so far. knowing my luck half will clash! an i'l miss one or two cos of some silly reason like being drunk! :p

Hirnschlacht

14 Mai 2007
Oumpfgard
The german metalheads are really friendly yeh. Great people :)

I think I like almost half playing well i dont dislike them atleast.... like i said there's about 23 i wanna watch so far. knowing my luck half will clash! an i'l miss one or two cos of some silly reason like being drunk! :p

Friendly? Than the most of them can´t visit this Forum...:rolleyes:

Yanos666

6 März 2009
Liverpool
Friendly? Than the most of them can´t visit this Forum...:rolleyes:

lol i think a lot do I think many on this forum aren't german though! :p well none of the ones in english speaking topics there's plenty of topics in german to sugegst they're here lol I just dont speak german well enough to get involved yet I need to learn more! :)

Kiwi28

28 Nov. 2008
Would it be possible to start a petition to get some bands off of the bill completely to allow room for better ones?

So far on the forums not one word of praise has been said in bullet for my valentines, walls of jericho, or bring me the horizons name.

How has management not noticed this? What happened to one of the greatest 'metal' festivals of all time? So far, and I know I am not alone in stating this, Wacken 09 is turning out to be a disappointment.

So I propose an agreement with all those in charge, that there should be a critical mass of fan votes to get rid of agreed on individual band that has only been receiving criticism. Why can't certain positions be freed up for an act not only that people want to see, but that people paid good money for? OR at the very least just get rid of some bands. Then at least the overall quality of the show would improve.

These are just my thoughts, but I could honestly see this happening and think that it would be a great step in improving Wacken 09.

epic fail

Gamaggedon

10 Jan. 2007
Potsdam
im german and dont worry enough germans are reading this :D

to be honest this isnt such a bad idea...bmth..walls of jericho...asp and bfmv are bands nobody really wants to see...i know one person who wants to see them but he is gay :D:D:D:D

the problem is that when u kick a band its not always possible to take another band since they have to decide aswell. and when one band gets kicked propably all who dont want black kick the blakc metal band all who dont want death kick the death metal bands....then u and up with a festival with no bands at all ^^ and id rather have 10 bands to check out and get wasted while the fuck off bands play rather then a festival with no bands ^^ or just fuck off bands and no good ones ^^

Jordan

25 März 2009
someone would like to kick In Flames out of the bill please ?

watched a few recent live videos, and I simply can't stand that ridiculous singer.
I mean what is that guy jumping around like a nu-metal bitch ?
is that a fucking johnatan davis wannabe ?
is this really considered to be an headliner ? haha, what a joke.

get an hair cut, buy new clothes, and stop jumping, man.

I'd rather watch Saxon, than this dread-locked-monkey. their music is not to my taste, but at least they have a decent attitude...

this tells how serious I am ! ;)