NEED SOME UPDATES HERE!!!!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

slayerizer

W:O:A Metalhead
10 Feb. 2003
www.slayersaves.com
I hope to god Bring Me The Horizon is a rumor and nothing else. If not, I have a feeling I'm going to need a bit more money for beer than I expected. Especially if that's just a sample of what's to come. Why do the organizers like these types of bands when the majority of people who attend the festival don't?

I wouldn't mind if it didn't seem that they seemed to be avoiding announcing the decent ones. A bit of mix of genres is good, especially when there's such a mass of people and so many bands going. But, announcing so many bands that the majority don't want to deal with as the majority will just affect sales the next year.

You'd think the "Best Of" would be better. 2007's lineup is what I was sort of expecting this year because of it being the 20th anniversary. I guess it's still possible with the current lineup. I'm hoping that the idea of them making a ton of announcements closer to the dates that will blow everybody away. I'd be one of the happiest people alive they just announced Immortal, Fejd and Vreid.

2007's line-up was fucking AMAZING! I really wanted to go that year but it didn't work out..

Canuck

4 Nov. 2007
Toronto, Canada
Inofficially confirmed bands:
Warlock or Doro (ok), Accept or U.D.O. (already confirmed), Saxon (cool!), Rage (ok but not my thing), Gamma Ray(ok but not my thing), Mägo de Oz (ok), PAIN (ugh), Der W (?), Subway to Sally(fuck), J.B.O.(Brad Pitt, Moshpit, Brad Pitt, Moshpit Jennifer Aniston! :p), Sonic Syndicate (ugh), Schandmaul(ugh), Bring Me the Horizon(aack), Eths(?), Breed77(?), Bai Bang(?), Retrospect(?), Nervecell(?)

this is really starting to get pathetic...

What the hell is this shit?

And yes, 2007 was quite awesome and we had an epic hay fight too! :D Hell, every year has been better than this bullshit.

Skeksis

11 Feb. 2009
U.D.O. isn't confirmed yet. You're thinking about UFO (seriously there is alot of difference between an F and an D). I rather have Accept than U.D.O. I really like Accept, but U.D.O. not so much.

unknownone

19 Nov. 2008
Portugal
This is getting pathetic! All of the other metal fest already have their line-up complete, or almost, and for Wacken we only get rumors about shitty bands like breed77 or bring me the horizon! Just by looking at Metalway, Summer Breeze or Hellfest I feel sad...

- Blind Guardian
- Opeth
- Manowar
- Immortal
- Paradise Lost
- Moonspell
- Samael
- Destruction
- Dark Tranquillity
- Candlemass
- Kreator
- Amorphis
- Entombed
- Voivod
- Vomitory
- Ensiferum
- Sepultura
- Dark Funeral
- Arch Enemy
- Municipal Waste
- Akercocke
- Evile
- Moonsorrow
- Anthrax

Bah... :(

Canuck

4 Nov. 2007
Toronto, Canada
if you think the line up is so pathetic, what are you bitching here about, sell your ticket and go to another fest... :rolleyes:

Can only speak for myself but I'm waiting for them to grow nearer the end of the announcements before deciding whether there'll be bands worth seeing in the end of if I'll be better off at Party San, Hellfest, or elsewhere. Many people come to this forum for updates and information. If they don't find those things agreeable they're liable to express the fact that they don't find it so. Such is life.

Deathbringer

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 März 2009
Massachusetts
if you think the line up is so pathetic, what are you bitching here about, sell your ticket and go to another fest... :rolleyes:

Now, don't get me wrong the lineup isn't the worst I've seen, try the New England Metalfest if you want a bad lineup, but I, like many others, were expecting better for the 20th anniversary. It's near impossible for some of us going to just sell the ticket and go to another fest due to already-purchased airfare. I've seen most of the bands I like at least once a bit closer to home at least once so it is a bit on the weak side compared to past years. And you'd think that with the number of complaints, the organizers would take note of it and work with it a bit to keep their reputation up, especially seeing they stated at the start they had a fair percentage, I believe it was 80%, of the bands booked at that time. I don't see much of a reason to book bands that are very unpopular without announcing popular choices more often, or not announcing much of anything at all. It doesn't make sense even coming from a business perspective.

So, really it is a valid complaint really, especially considering the amount of money the people from America and Australia are dishing out and it really making no sense at all.

blackmocco

20 Aug. 2008
Now, don't get me wrong the lineup isn't the worst I've seen, try the New England Metalfest if you want a bad lineup, but I, like many others, were expecting better for the 20th anniversary. It's near impossible for some of us going to just sell the ticket and go to another fest due to already-purchased airfare. I've seen most of the bands I like at least once a bit closer to home at least once so it is a bit on the weak side compared to past years. And you'd think that with the number of complaints, the organizers would take note of it and work with it a bit to keep their reputation up, especially seeing they stated at the start they had a fair percentage, I believe it was 80%, of the bands booked at that time. I don't see much of a reason to book bands that are very unpopular without announcing popular choices more often, or not announcing much of anything at all. It doesn't make sense even coming from a business perspective.

So, really it is a valid complaint really, especially considering the amount of money the people from America and Australia are dishing out and it really making no sense at all.

Have to agree. The organizers did say as above, that most of the billing was in place months ago. They're already sold out so why delay the announcements? Makes no sense at all unless, of course, the truth is they did NOT have the billing in place, assumed they'd have no trouble gathering the lineup only to find other festivals are jumping in and grabbing their big names from under them. I'm flying from Los Angeles, I'm not changing my plans because I know I'm going to have a great time but I couldn't anyway. Fares have been paid for so Wacken it is. I don't hate the lineup by any stretch. To be honest, there's about half of the lineup so far I'm pretty excited to see but it's not exactly the roaring line-up that was insinuated at first...
I'll say though, that I trust the organizers to pull something special between now and then...

Conscious Pilot

24 Mai 2008
North America
I have to agree. While the current line up in place is great, don't get me wrong (and I'm sure there are 30+ bands to be booked), I am beginning to get slightly concerned with the lack of updates and booking as I watch Graspop, BOA, Hellfest etc. book up. I am coming to WOA from the US no matter what. I attended in 06 and 08 and will have a great time regardless of who performs. But, I do recall the buzz around the festival site as we cleared out at the end of the Lordi set last year. There was talk of how great the 20th WOA was going to be, possibly Metallica, Ramstein, AC/DC as headliners, etc. Now here we are with ~35 bands confirmed with April fast approaching. I think the first version of the 2006 running order was released in the first couple of weeks of April.

With each passing day, I get a little more anxious, but I am hopeful that they will announce a final line up fitting of this festival’s 20th anniversary.

I would love to see Down, Katatonia, Mercenary, Primordial, Armored Saint, Immortal Satyricicon, etc as part of the final line up!

unknownone

19 Nov. 2008
Portugal

You know, like others have said, not all of us can plan a trip to Wacken on so short notice. I paid not only the ticket but the trip to Wacken and I can't go back.

About the line-up, I say some of it is very very good. But the rest... :mad:

And the lack of news is disturbing! We see bands, good bands being announced for other metal fests and none for Wacken, one can only wonder...and hope they don't sign exclusive deals (Summer Breeze)! And don't blame me for expecting big things out of this year's Wacken, the organizers created the hype for it!

Btw, the cancellation of Wacken Brasil isn't a very good sign...

9 März 2009
Indeed we should

They can't mean this crap seriously!

20th anniversary, and they decide to take a shit on all the hopeful wacken fans, by not announcing ANYTHING

:mad:

Deathbringer

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 März 2009
Massachusetts
They are announcing a few things, I've made my entire workplace jealous because I'm seeing Heaven and Hell while they have to work. I don't think an email would work, I'd think by now their inbox was flooded with lineup complaints and various spam messages. Odds of them getting any of them are pretty slim to none.

As unknownone stated, the Brazil festival being canceled is not a good sign. To me, in a way it shows that there are a lot of things getting in the way behind the scenes. It's possible there's a few major issues going on with the festival and a bunch of bands bailed out. It's also possible it was just a method of increasing the speed of ticket sales, but if it were only that they'd be announcing bands like the rest of the festivals are.

DaveAus

3 März 2008
Melbourne, Australia
No one wants to sell their ticket when there's still half the lineup to be announced. I'm not missing Hellfest, that lineup kicks ass but I've got international travel plans to make so I want to know about the Wacken lineup very soon. I want to know if it's worth hanging around Europe that long as it is very expensive.

Don't wnt to sell my ticket only to have them announce killer bands at the last minute.