NEED SOME UPDATES HERE!!!!

Dieses Thema im Forum "Talk" wurde erstellt von blackmocco, 09. März 2009.

1. cyber999

cyber999 W:O:A Metalmaster

i totally agree! thel line up is weak regarding that is the 20 aniverssary!

metal storm confirm that bring me the horizon will play :mad::eek::rolleyes:

another crap band..

Zuletzt bearbeitet: 17. März 2009
  2. VENO

VENO W:O:A Metalhead

Exactly, by this time everyone is aware they got delayed with the bookings and they are in deep trouble because the hopes are so damn high and tickets are sold out and every band is booked somewhere else. Sigh. It's so sad, it's my very first Wacken and already these issues... :(

3. cyber999

if they book more crap,i will sell my ticket

4. cyber999

i am losing my hope..

5. Quark

Quark Der Beste

Well, I can still give away mine, but I won't.
    For the very only reason, I only see all of "you" in Wacken. (and some in Dong)

I think that's already way too little. But I don't think they'll come over to Belgium just for me.

6. cyber999

i dont understand why they dont book: vader,legion of the damned,hypocrisy,keep of kalessin,moonsorrow,evile,slayer.. so many

i really pissed off!!

7. sautherom

sautherom W:O:A Metalhead

Brutally Pathetic.....:mad:

8. Conscious Pilot

Conscious Pilot W:O:A Metalhead

Mago de Oz
    Nervecell
    Der W
    Bai Bang
    Retrospect
    et al

Not exactly what I'd been hoping for. :(

9. DaveAus

DaveAus W:O:A Metalhead

Yep, lets make me the booking agent. :p
    Slayer, Turbo Negro, Suicidal Tendencies, Neurosis, Death angel, Municipal Waste, Venom, Macabre, Manowar, Dying Fetus, Cannibal Corpse, Overkill.

Ya reckon I've got a chance? :D

10. agresionpower

agresionpower W:O:A Metalgod

yeah I'd say so

11. Lady_Wolf

Lady_Wolf W:O:A Metalmaster

sorry for being blunt but:

That is your problem, not the problem of the organisation...
    booking shit bands is what the organisation does, but booking a non refundable ticket is something you did yourself. If you were coming from the US or AUS, I would say ok; but you are from Portugal, come on... We are talking about a metal (*ahum*) festival, not you little cousins 3rd birthday party...

12. DaveAus

DaveAus W:O:A Metalhead

Haha. You're right. I wish my little cousinb's birthday was as good as Wacken already is. It's just that Wacken has had an awesome full lineup by this time in the last few years and we booked tickets based on that.
    It's still looking cool but I'd love more info to book a 1000 euro flight on. Either way, see ya at the bar!!!

13. blackmocco

blackmocco Member

Your comment makes no sense, Wolf. Wacken sells itself as the premier metal festival. Their 20th anniversary hyperbole sold out the festival in record time with the promise that the biggest and best of the metal scene would be playing. People wouldn't have bought their tickets in the first place without that promise so actually, it kind of IS the problem of the organization. If the rest of the bill, and let me be clear I'm not expecting this to happen, turns out to be a crushing disappointment, the organizers will be pretty fairly left open to accusations of dishonesty and greed. If the organization had said "hey, for our 20th anniversary we're going to have a handful of decent bands and tons of shit ones" methinks they wouldn't have sold so many tickets...

14. Deathbringer

Deathbringer W:O:A Metalmaster

It might be technically our problem, but the organization's advertising are one of the reasons a lot of people picked Wacken over other festivals.

Non-refundable by the way is approximatly a half a grand or more than refundable. Quite frankly, I'm not made of money and most others aren't at this point thanks to a troubled economy, an extra half grand on my end is two weeks of working full time. It might not be your problem, but the organization's hype is what settled a lot of people into their choices. Personally, I see nothing wrong with criticizing an organization's method of advertisement if it doesn't stand par with the hype they manufactured, especially when the individuals complaining have put so much money into it.

Hopefully they'll announce bands that make up for the shit they've put on the bill recently. I wonder if they realize that announcing these types of bands will just attract people too young to drink who likely will just cause a ton of problems. It's what happens at least on this side of the world.

I'm hoping they at least announce reasoning behind it. I'm hardly caring at the lineup as long as a few more bands that don't suck are added, I have fun doing the simplest of tasks so it's not like I'm not going to have a blast. I just have a belief in holding people accountable for their actions, the Wacken organization stated they had 80% of the lineup book and the lineup would be the "best of". I see nothing wrong with complaining about them not doing what they said.

15. slayerizer

slayerizer W:O:A Metalhead

...yet another day with no announcements...

Diese Seite empfehlen