coming from NY. need help.

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

rice

W:O:A Metalhead
11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
There are many Germans, and other nationalities, that resent us.

Thats pretty pathetic really. Especially with Germans in particular, they had Hitler, we have Bush. Whats the fight over, who had the bigger asshole? I mean really. No room for criticism in that department between either nationality.

and before I get jumped on here Ill clarify that I mean the ones who started shit with whiskeyfist. NOT ALL GERMANS. then again im thinking maybe it wasnt germans that fucked with you but other nationalities who were there that you just thought were german, but whatever, in any case its bullshit.

I dont really give a fuck what people say but then again I dont have that much testosterone. Ive noticed if you give the finger they dont do anything whereas a lot of Americans would throw a fist in response to that.
Mostly its just talk and beerballs.

By the way did you say you werent going this year? (in another post) i forget.

Keeper

16 Feb. 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Thats pretty pathetic really. Especially with Germans in particular, they had Hitler, we have Bush. Whats the fight over, who had the bigger asshole? I mean really. No room for criticism in that department between either nationality.

and before I get jumped on here Ill clarify that I mean the ones who started shit with whiskeyfist. NOT ALL GERMANS. then again im thinking maybe it wasnt germans that fucked with you but other nationalities who were there that you just thought were german, but whatever, in any case its bullshit.

I dont really give a fuck what people say but then again I dont have that much testosterone. Ive noticed if you give the finger they dont do anything whereas a lot of Americans would throw a fist in response to that.
Mostly its just talk and beerballs.

By the way did you say you werent going this year? (in another post) i forget.

I was with WhiskeyFist and there were Germans there being assholes to us. Looking down at us and talking shit. We didn't do anything to them. Funny how if a German were to come to LA, we would strike up a conversation and want to know more about them and where they are from...BUT...an American goes to Germany and we get shit talked about.

Oh, and you're right about them just being talk. I witnessed it a few times. Give the finger to someone in LA and you're getting beat down! Man...I love LA!

eklof

W:O:A Metalmaster
7 Okt. 2008
Süd-Niedersachsen/Shanghai
Funny how if a German were to come to LA, we would strike up a conversation and want to know more about them and where they are from...BUT...an American goes to Germany and we get shit talked about.

Woa, this is pretty strong stuff and very generalising.
There are assholes all over the world, German assholes, American assholes, and assholes of every nation there is.
I am sorry that you came across those German ones, but your statement sounds as if every German would be loved in LA, whereas Americans get the heat, when in Germany.
I, as a German, had to cope with racisem in other countries, to be racist is unfortunately human behaviour.
It is a pitty, but mostly we are judged by the behaviour of our rulers. The picture George W. Bush painted of America and the Americans in the last years wasn't very endearing. In the eye of lots of people it means: Bush talks some crap = that's how the Americans think. This is unfair and unjust, but it happens.
I often crinch when I have to listen to the people who represent us and hope that foreigners will not generalise.
Hopefully with Obama the picture, people have of America, will change. I have some very good American friends, which I honestly like and respect very much, and at Wacken 2009 I would be happy to find some more.

WhiskeyFist666

31 Jan. 2008
Los Angeles
Woa, this is pretty strong stuff and very generalising.
There are assholes all over the world, German assholes, American assholes, and assholes of every nation there is.
I am sorry that you came across those German ones, but your statement sounds as if every German would be loved in LA, whereas Americans get the heat, when in Germany.
I, as a German, had to cope with racisem in other countries, to be racist is unfortunately human behaviour.
It is a pitty, but mostly we are judged by the behaviour of our rulers. The picture George W. Bush painted of America and the Americans in the last years wasn't very endearing. In the eye of lots of people it means: Bush talks some crap = that's how the Americans think. This is unfair and unjust, but it happens.
I often crinch when I have to listen to the people who represent us and hope that foreigners will not generalise.
Hopefully with Obama the picture, people have of America, will change. I have some very good American friends, which I honestly like and respect very much, and at Wacken 2009 I would be happy to find some more.

Very well said. I made sure not to throw stones at the entire German culture. I only met a few assholes. I also said not only Germans, but other nationalities as well. It's just human nature. Building walls of all sorts to protect, or hide thier interests. Maybe one day we'll all transend racial barriers. We're trying very hard here in the United States. A fine example being Barrack Obama. Let's try not to let the past remind us of what we are not now. Oh well.

eklof

W:O:A Metalmaster
7 Okt. 2008
Süd-Niedersachsen/Shanghai
Maybe one day we'll all transend racial barriers. We're trying very hard here in the United States. A fine example being Barrack Obama.
I think never before American elections have been watched with so much interest by the rest of the world. Til the end lots of people doubted that America had the guts to elect Obama and were more so delighted and relieved when you did. It is a good start to tear down the barriers which had built up in recent years between America and many other countries.

Let's try not to let the past remind us of what we are not now. Oh well.
I am not absolutely sure that I understand, what you mean, but if it is something along the line, that we try our very best now and are not all the same assholes we have been 10, 20, 60 or how many years ago, then I do agree.
I am so fed up with having that arsewipe Hitler constantly thrown in my face.
We lived in a foreign country for a few years, unfortunately also in 2004 and 2005 (60 years remebrance of D-day and capitulation and storries about the horrible Germans were constantly in the media, in school, everywhere). My children, then 10 and 13 years old, were called bloody Germans and fucking Hitlers and it did not always stay verbal. My children started to hate their tormentors and I had lots of work to do to convince them, that not all people of that nationallity were stupid. Hate breeds hate and stupidity breeds stupidity and both are best friends.
Hopefully there will not be many stupid Germans (or others) at Wacken 2009 so that we can embrace the World and everyboddy goes home with good memories.

rice

11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
Hope you got yourself a ticket, Rice. Otherwise all your questions are for nowt...!

I got it the day i signed up for this forum. thanks in part to the one that said Itll be all sold out by january. (thanks man)

Just waiting for it in the mail now.

Also I have to find some "friends" to meet up with there since so far Im going alone.
The important thing is IM GOING!

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
I got it the day i signed up for this forum. thanks in part to the one that said Itll be all sold out by january. (thanks man)

Also I have to find some "friends" to meet up with there since so far Im going alone.

The lesat of your worries. You'll find them here (forum) or maybe during the flight, or in Germany when you arrive. ;)

metal_martin

16 Nov. 2008
Peterborough, England
I think never before American elections have been watched with so much interest by the rest of the world. Til the end lots of people doubted that America had the guts to elect Obama and were more so delighted and relieved when you did. It is a good start to tear down the barriers which had built up in recent years between America and many other countries.

I am not absolutely sure that I understand, what you mean, but if it is something along the line, that we try our very best now and are not all the same assholes we have been 10, 20, 60 or how many years ago, then I do agree.
I am so fed up with having that arsewipe Hitler constantly thrown in my face.
We lived in a foreign country for a few years, unfortunately also in 2004 and 2005 (60 years remebrance of D-day and capitulation and storries about the horrible Germans were constantly in the media, in school, everywhere). My children, then 10 and 13 years old, were called bloody Germans and fucking Hitlers and it did not always stay verbal. My children started to hate their tormentors and I had lots of work to do to convince them, that not all people of that nationallity were stupid. Hate breeds hate and stupidity breeds stupidity and both are best friends.
Hopefully there will not be many stupid Germans (or others) at Wacken 2009 so that we can embrace the World and everyboddy goes home with good memories.

In my Army days in Germany I remember going into bars full of British soldiers who were taunting the Germans about the war. Never liked it and never thought it was productive, especially when the presence and behaviour of soldiers meant they weren't popular anyway.

Actually Germany has so much going for it - the way Wacken accepts a major rock festival on its doorstep and joins in the party says a great deal - it could never happen over here - especially with music going on until 3am.

blackmocco

20 Aug. 2008

Rice, if you think you've got the proverbial stones to stay drinking with a bunch of Irish guys for the weekend, you're welcome to hang out with us. We'll look out for you. (And drink your share of the beer when you're asleep...!)