coming from NY. need help.

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

rice

W:O:A Metalhead
11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
Zuletzt bearbeitet:

metal_martin

16 Nov. 2008
Peterborough, England
Wacken let you take as much booze as you like onto the camp site itself. In fact, you can walk into the Town and buy crates from the local supermarkets. Wacken is quite surreal at festival time, it's a quaint small German Town full of metalheads.

The Town is also a source of cheaper food. Loads of the loclas set up thre own Beirgartens and bratwurst stalls at cheaper prices than the festival. Currywurst and chips for brekkie is great.

Although you have to pay (and queue) for the showers, the same place you can do a strip wash (or as close to strip as you are comfortable with) in some water troughs that have clean water.

I have to say, I tend to bring along loads of wet-wipes and deodorant. Wet wipes + deodorant = festival shower. Wet wipes are also great as loo paper and for cleaning loo seats if you have to use them.

Someone suggested you stay in St Pauli or the Reaperbahn. Umm. As you are a girlie, I would strongly recommen that you don't. They are Hamburg's red light districts. Really eye opening experience though!!

On a final note, I have been to a few European festivals no (live in England). Wacken is awesome, you'll love it.

rice

11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
thanks for the info from everyone. im just gonna ask questions til i get kicked out.
who are the likely main headliner(s)? how many bands are left to be added?

eklof

W:O:A Metalmaster
7 Okt. 2008
Süd-Niedersachsen/Shanghai
Now this is an entertaining thread.
Being German, I did not realise that we Europeans pull out our dicks more easily (well I actually don't, being female) than you, on the other side of the world. But yes, thinking about it, I have to admit that there are lots of males lining the pathways, watering the shrubbery. But if they wouldn't, the toilets would be even more digusting.
I am not so sure about how successful the phrase "Titten raus" acctually is. Most females here prefere a more subtle approach, which might explain why only two hooters were on display.
But yeah Wacken is easy going and lots of fun, apart from the toilets.
Right now there are 20 bands in the billings, which means about 50-60 yet to come. In the German part of the forum there are always lots of dicussions going on concerning the headliner(s). Some think that Motorhead, In Flames, Amon Amarth or such, are allready headliners and that big names like ACDC would cost too much or like Metallica would attract the wrong crowd. Other think that the orga waits with the announcement of the real headliner til most of the tickets are sold....
As many opinions as there are people writing about it. But I am pretty sure that there will be enough interesting stuff to please the different tasts. I like the billing so far and am looking very much forward to Wacken.
If you have some time to kill, Hamburg is an interesting city. St Pauli and Reeperbahn are deffinately not the poshes parts of town but even as a woman you can have a look at it, there are lots of tourists, If you are on your own maybe daytime is the best. Have fun, maybe see you at Wacken.

rice

11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
big names like ACDC would cost too much or like Metallica would attract the wrong crowd.

I think Metallica would be a good headline. Ive seen them many times but they are true metal despite popularity. Maybe by time they announce them (if it IS them) the tickets will be sold out anyway and therefore wont allow anyone from the "other side" in.
Ive never seen Opeth before. Id dig that. And of course ACDC.

The earlier you arrive does that mean the closer you get to camping closest to the stage ?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
I think Metallica would be a good headline. Ive seen them many times but they are true metal despite popularity. Maybe by time they announce them (if it IS them) the tickets will be sold out anyway and therefore wont allow anyone from the "other side" in.

The earlier you arrive does that mean the closer you get to camping closest to the stage ?

Basicly: yes

mental_mercury

18 Juni 2007
Marburg, Hessen
:cool:
Now this is an entertaining thread.
Being German, I did not realise that we Europeans pull out our dicks more easily (well I actually don't, being female) than you, on the other side of the world. But yes, thinking about it, I have to admit that there are lots of males lining the pathways, watering the shrubbery. But if they wouldn't, the toilets would be even more digusting.
I am not so sure about how successful the phrase "Titten raus" acctually is. Most females here prefere a more subtle approach, which might explain why only two hooters were on display.
But yeah Wacken is easy going and lots of fun, apart from the toilets.
Right now there are 20 bands in the billings, which means about 50-60 yet to come. In the German part of the forum there are always lots of dicussions going on concerning the headliner(s). Some think that Motorhead, In Flames, Amon Amarth or such, are allready headliners and that big names like ACDC would cost too much or like Metallica would attract the wrong crowd. Other think that the orga waits with the announcement of the real headliner til most of the tickets are sold....
As many opinions as there are people writing about it. But I am pretty sure that there will be enough interesting stuff to please the different tasts. I like the billing so far and am looking very much forward to Wacken.
If you have some time to kill, Hamburg is an interesting city. St Pauli and Reeperbahn are deffinately not the poshes parts of town but even as a woman you can have a look at it, there are lots of tourists, If you are on your own maybe daytime is the best. Have fun, maybe see you at Wacken.

2 words i take away from this...Titten raus :cool:

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
are allready headliners and that big names like ACDC would cost too much

Just a thought about this and cost.

AC/DC will play Göteborg next summer.

They are scheduled to release 50k+ tickets and the cheapeast ones are 60+ €, so I'm guessing that shows they are sort of expensive.

When Maiden played the same venue this year the tickets were 10€ cheaper.

blackmocco

20 Aug. 2008

Opeth just played 2008, sadly, although wouldn't bother me one bit if they played again. Yeah, that seems to be how the camping works. People bitch and moan a bit about the walk from the campsite to the grounds if you get there too late but it's not so bad. All the better to take in the majesty of the entire experience. Still think Metallica are going to be the headliner. Could be wrong but we'll see and as for 'the other side', I'd be more concerned with BFMV's kind of people. Metallica's still got a lot of older hardcore fans who'll more than appreciate the rest of the festival's line up...

rice

11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
Metallica's still got a lot of older hardcore fans who'll more than appreciate the rest of the festival's line up...

There was a time when there wasnt as many bands as there are now and Metalica reigned. so thats a fact. (yes im older)
Do I really care if they will be there this year? Not really. More interested in the Scandinavian metal scene.

I cant even say if i even heard one song from BFMV to be honest but ill take your word that we can do without.