coming from NY. need help.

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

WhiskeyFist666

W:O:A Metalhead
31 Jan. 2008
Los Angeles
got a passport. good advice on the exchange. so do you just fly to hamburg then and stay somewhere for a few days prior? got any advice on where to stay and how to get to the fest the easiest or best way? since i dont speak a word in german.

At first it'll seem overwhelming. Take a minute to drink a beer and stock up for the train ride. Once you get your mind set It'll be easy. Most Germans speak fluent english. You'll see the influx of Metalheads making there pilgrimage towards Wacken. Don't take a taxi. They charge too much. Take the number 110 bus in front of the airport to the Ohlsdorf train station. Catch the train in ohlsdorf heading towards Altona. From Altona you catch the train heading towards itzehoe. From Itzehoe take the Wacken shuttle to the fest. If you have questions, just ask the people at the service desk at the Hamburg airport. Ask them how to get to altona. To kill some time before the fest I suggest staying at the Reaperbahn or St. Pauli. You'll get a good mental trip. Just follow the Metalheads.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

WhiskeyFist666

31 Jan. 2008
Los Angeles
can you get there a day early to set up your tent (camp) or is that strictly unallowed?

They open the camping area a few days before the fest I believe. Make sure you take a shit before you get to the fest. Those public toilets could get pretty scary. Don't be surprised when you see guys pulling out their dicks in front of you to take a piss. You'll see more cock in those few days than you'd care for. You'll be doing the same at the end of the fest. Also, many naked dudes walking around. It's normal on that side of the world. I only saw one pair of hooters while I was out there. Remember this phrase. "Titten Raus". Say that phrase to every girl you see at the festival. You might get lucky. Take boots and plenty of socks. Water proof boots as it could get pretty muddy if it rains. Take only carry on luggage. A large Hiking Back pack is perfect. That way you could fly through the airport without risking losing your shit. Not to mention avoiding the lines at baggage claim. Look at the carry on size limits before you buy a back pack. The sizes allowed vary from airline to airline. Also get a power converter for you cell phone. They use different sockets over there. T-Mobil gets you reception over there without roaming. You could recharge you phone in the Wacken Office in the village where they sell the tents. Make sure you get the right power converter. The round one is the right one. Do not get the square one.

rice

11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
Well ive been to other European fests before so I know the deal with the toilets, dicks, tits and other scary shit. Mainly the toilets around 8 am the next day ughhhh (saying please god dont let me fall in with my fingers crossed ) I dont know about saying that "Titten Raus" phrase since I am a girl myself but hey, cant hurt. You might just see a second pair of hooters this year!
I assume all the hotels and hostels will be packed up right before it opens so being able to get to the campsite early is the best way.

any pay-showers there BTW?

Can you bring in your own alcohol in your backpack (wrapped in sleeping bag) or do they do a thorough check? Usually if you get there early no one checks but then again I dont know how this particular fest (and the germans) work.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

WhiskeyFist666

31 Jan. 2008
Los Angeles
Well ive been to other European fests before so I know the deal with the toilets, dicks, tits and other scary shit. Mainly the toilets around 8 am the next day ughhhh (saying please god dont let me fall in with my fingers crossed ) I dont know about saying that "Titten Raus" phrase since I am a girl myself but hey, cant hurt. You might just see a second pair of hooters this year!
I assume all the hotels and hostels will be packed up right before it opens so being able to get to the campsite early is the best way.

Can you bring in your own alcohol in your backpack (wrapped in sleeping bag) or do they do a thorough check? Usually if you get there early no one checks but then again I dont know how this particular fest (and the germans) work.

This whole time I thought I was talking to a guy!! LOL! Funny shit. I guess you won't be pulling out your "cock" anytime soon.
You could bring in your own booze to the campground but not the stage area. Anyway, I gotta go. Gotta get back to work now. Good luck with your journey. If you have anymore questions just send me a private message. Later.

rice

11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
This whole time I thought I was talking to a guy!! LOL!

yea I get that a lot.

If you have anymore questions just send me a private message.
Ill prob take you up on that offer a few months from now but for now I think im set. Got my ticket and enough info to be psyched. thnx

I guess you won't be pulling out your "cock" anytime soon.

bummer huh?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

808Metal

W:O:A Metalmaster
30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii

Yes there are pay showers, the water pressure is kinda low, and one night at 1:00 am I took a cold and very quick shower due to the fact that the hot water had run out. The rest of the time the water was warm enough. At times there is a wait for the showers, early in the morning is good for no lines and fewer people in there.

808Metal

W:O:A Metalmaster
30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii
I also recommend bringing some toilet paper along. This is incase they run out, and also because the paper they use there is like industrial paper towels, kinda stiff and thick.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
You can always shower in the swimming pool in Wacken itself. But no warm water. That thing is only opened during and especially for the festival.

Tip: Swimming suit may be handy there.

Edit Piaf zegt: Unless you wanna go skinny dipping (during daylight) :D