Wacken organizers are stalling = more $$$ for them...

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

LXE

W:O:A Metalhead
17 Juni 2003
Mpls. MN USA
LXE.US
I think they're holding out announcing most the acts untill it's totally sold out.

That seems fair to the TRUE WOA fans, who plan to go no matter what the bill is. That way, whatever dreaded trendy band that will likely be included (& whined about for possibly attracting poseurs or whatever) won't be responsible for ticket sales, and the WACKEN fans are getting dibs over the *insert popular mainstream band name here* fans. Just a hunch.

Lady_Wolf

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Juli 2006
A crazy men's Utopia
www.myspace.com
I think they're holding out announcing most the acts untill it's totally sold out.

That seems fair to the TRUE WOA fans, who plan to go no matter what the bill is. That way, whatever dreaded trendy band that will likely be included (& whined about for possibly attracting poseurs or whatever) won't be responsible for ticket sales, and the WACKEN fans are getting dibs over the *insert popular mainstream band name here* fans. Just a hunch.

so.... stalling to get more moneh out of it...

cyber999

20 Apr. 2007
The Azores - Portugal
i dont know what to do! in one hand i want to see amon amarth very badly, i also enjoy other bands on the line up. but i want to know the headliners.if they get very well know headliners, it will ruin everything

Lady_Wolf

4 Juli 2006
A crazy men's Utopia
www.myspace.com
i dont know what to do! in one hand i want to see amon amarth very badly, i also enjoy other bands on the line up. but i want to know the headliners.if they get very well know headliners, it will ruin everything

Amon Amarth will probably do a tour...
I am kinda doubting on what to do with my ticket...
I can sell it for 125 eu so I can ship it for free
I can sell it for 200 eu and buy a plane ticket for Maryland Death Fest

slayerizer

10 Feb. 2003
www.slayersaves.com
No. I think they'll get the same amount of money either way, but they're giving the TRUE FANS this chance to get their tickets NOW, BEFORE the bands are announced and the tickets all get bought by either fans of only one mainstream band, or scalpers.

that'a actually a good point, but it's a bit unfair to the people who live far away from Germany like me. I would like to know at least 50% of the bands that are playing the festival before buying my ticket because the whole trip would cost so much (plane tix, hotels, etc).

Lady_Wolf

4 Juli 2006
A crazy men's Utopia
www.myspace.com
No. I think they'll get the same amount of money either way, but they're giving the TRUE FANS this chance to get their tickets NOW, BEFORE the bands are announced and the tickets all get bought by either fans of only one mainstream band, or scalpers.

I am not a Wacken fan... seems pretty weird to me to be fan of a festival...
I mean isnt the line up what makes a good festival and not the name?

LXE

17 Juni 2003
Mpls. MN USA
LXE.US
I am not a Wacken fan... seems pretty weird to me to be fan of a festival...
I mean isnt the line up what makes a good festival and not the name?

I'm a Wacken fan. I think there are a lot of people who go as much, or more for the chance to be at an event (known to be the "best") with international metalheads, and a great festive atmosphere and situation, than to see specific bands.
I'm a fan of a lot of bands, too, but I don't travel thousands of miles just to watch them (even the ones that I can't ever see here), it's all about the festival over all!
The festival fans are getting their tickets. The fans of some bands, may have to pay a lot more when they have to get their ticket off ebay later.