Nevermore,

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Leo

W:O:A Metalhead
12 Juli 2006
Preetz
EVERMORE frontman Warrel Dane will be the MySpace featured "Artist of the Week" from April 11 to April 18. Dane's debut solo effort, "Praises to the War Machine", will be available for streaming its entirety on Warrel's MySpace page.

"Praises to the War Machine" will be released in North America on May 13 (April 28 in Europe) via Century Media Records.

The track listing for the album is as follows:

01. When We Pray
02. Messenger (featuring Jeff Loomis)
03. Obey
04. Lucretia My Reflection (THE SISTERS OF MERCY cover)
05. Let You Down
06. August
07. Your Chosen Misery
08. The Day The Rats Went to War (featuring James Murphy)
09. Brother
10. Patterns (PAUL SIMON cover)
11. This Old Man
12. Equilibrium

The track "Messenger" is available for streaming on Dane's MySpace page.

Dane, who first shattered the boundaries of conventionality with the legendary SANCTUARY and NEVERMORE, proves that he is one of metal's most diverse frontmen with this solo effort as he unleashes a barrage of introspective and personal lyrics that are heartfelt and extremely powerful. All of this emotion backed with his soaring angelic and dynamic vocals provides all of the necessary elements for a savagely captivating, melodic assault that quickly hooks you in. This exhilarating new offering begins a new chapter for Dane and will soon further solidify his spot as one of the genre's most influential artists.

Before beginning this new venture, Dane went out and surrounded himself with some of the best musicians that he could find. This search ultimately resulted in landing the renowned Peter Wichers (ex-SOILWORK) on guitars and bass, Dirk Verbeuren (SOILWORK) on drums and Matt Wicklund (ex-HIMSA) on guitars. The effort was also recorded and mixed by Wichers (co-producer of SOILWORK).

Commented Dane: "Right around the time NEVERMORE was recording 'This Godless Endeavour', I started talking to Peter Wichers about maybe doing something together. I think we both wanted to do something different and that's ultimately what got the ball rolling. I had always wanted to work with a songwriter that had a more song based approach rather than focusing on technical skills and Peter was exactly that. We collaborated on almost everything and I wrote all the lyrics and melodies. Peter had great ideas at times for harmonies, that's what a good producer does, and I think he's really come into his own as a producer with this record.

"The purpose of doing this project was to step out of the confines of NEVERMORE and focus on coming up with memorable songs instead of constructing songs that showcased everyone's skills. The material is more straightforward than NEVERMORE, but I don't know what to call it. I think my influences have really played a part of the sound. I love old-school goth and I love thrash metal, and every other kind of metal, there's a little bit of all of that in the record."

For more information, visit www.warreldane.com.