Neue Band bestätigt - Avenged Sevenfold

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

zombiecag

W:O:A Metalhead
3 Jan. 2007
Peterborough, England
What I don't get is that Wacken was selling out on tickets long before they started booking all these metalcore bands..

But I agree with Northern Death, and I think this will be my final Wacken.
Next year I'll do Bloodstock or something..

cyber999

W:O:A Metalmaster
20 Apr. 2007
The Azores - Portugal
It's just sad to see the festival I used to love degraded to playing MTV trend bands

man whats your problem?! i mean you just not coming to wacken just beacuse a few bands»?i dont believe that from 80 bands there isnt bands you like! the line up is fucking great, i dont complain- kreator,carcass,c.o.b,maiden,alestorm,3 inches of blood,nightwish,kamelot.avantasia,at the gates,lord belial,lordi,obituary,sabaton,ensiferum and more!

cyber999

20 Apr. 2007
The Azores - Portugal
and as i allready said, wacken isnt the only "underground" festival that is booking more popular bands, bloodstock have as i lay dying on the bill, and summer breeze too

Spindelta

21 Dez. 2006
and as i allready said, wacken isnt the only "underground" festival that is booking more popular bands, bloodstock have as i lay dying on the bill, and summer breeze too

Yeah man, and it's pitiful. I wouldn't go to any of these. The fact that other festivals are pussying out does not make it ok for Wacken to do the same. As I have said before, Wacken is the biggest metal festival in the world. It could dictate what sort of lineup is suitable for a metal festival. If it booked 20 each of thrash, black, death and power metal it would still sell out. The diet metal pansies have plenty of kiddie fests to go to. Wacken does not need to cater to them.

man whats your problem?! i mean you just not coming to wacken just beacuse a few bands»?i dont believe that from 80 bands there isnt bands you like! the line up is fucking great

Past times at Wacken I have had this beautiful sensation. It's like a gathering of dudes all seeing things the same way. Wacken was an excision of the outside world which is so drab in comparison. It had the the shit that I actually take pleasure in listening to. It's an almost overwhelming feeling, to realise that there is a place purely devoted to the worship of that which is most important. Before, I have travelled 24 hours on a coach to get to Wacken. It really used to be the highlight of my year.

This is why it is so disappointing to see Wacken booking the sort of bands I travelled hundreds of miles to avoid. My utter disdain for these bands exists on so many levels. Beyond the obvious grievances of the bands looking and sounding like weakling poseurs, and their teenage fans, they represent the polar opposite of what metal means to me. This clean cut fucking kiddy bullshit is about records sales and pseudo-rebellion. I find it insulting that people even relate music like Avenged Sevenfold to metal, let alone have them appear amongst some of my favourite bands. And yes, there are bands I like at Wacken this year. Primordial, Watain and Nifelheim. But for them to be present at a festival with bands like Hatebreed and Job for A Cowboy is a joke.

As some have suggested, I am now avoiding Wacken, probably forever. They encourage the sort of thing which I fervently try to avoid. So I will go elsewhere. But I can still be fucking disappointed by it, and I am. I would have liked to return to Wacken at some point, but I don't ever see that as being feasible.

For those who don't think that this is a big deal, or some kind of invasion - consider why the metal market never had shit like Killswitch Engage or Bullet For My Valentine on sale. Because it was filled with proper metal distros and labels. Because that part was truly by the fans for the fans.

Malefic

30 Jan. 2008
man whats your problem?! i mean you just not coming to wacken just beacuse a few bands»?i dont believe that from 80 bands there isnt bands you like! the line up is fucking great, i dont complain- kreator,carcass,c.o.b,maiden,alestorm,3 inches of blood,nightwish,kamelot.avantasia,at the gates,lord belial,lordi,obituary,sabaton,ensiferum and more!

It's not just a few bands though is it, the whole ethos of wacken seems to have shifted to a more commercial festival. Now there are more bands I hate than bands I actually want to see. So yeah, I'll go see Maiden, Gorgoroth, Watain, Alestorm, Primordial.

Out of the 80 bands so far there is about 5 I want to see, 10 I think would be ok, the rest I'm indifferent or actually physically hate. Is a possible 15 out of 80 bands worth the cost of flights and travel, to me it's not, I'm not rich or anything, this was going to be my holiday this year and it has been ruined, if I had the money I'd go to all of them, even Wacken.

As someone said aswell, it would be embaressing, I've seen the little kiddy goths talking about going to Wacken, I honestly wouldn't want to admit I went to a festival that Avenged Sevenfold, Job for a cowboy, Killswitch, Bullet for my Valentine played at. Call me Elitist if you like, but hey, I don't care, being into metal is not about liking everything, it's about listening to and seeing the bands you like and avoiding what you don't like.

Simple as.

zombiecag

3 Jan. 2007
Peterborough, England
Next year I'll do Bloodstock or something..

Either that or wait until more bands have been confirmed.. I bought my ticket the week they confirmed Carcass.

Wacken was amazing last year, which is why I bought my ticket so quickly this year - didn't want to miss out.

I dunno, I'm not sure where I stand on all of this..

It sucks that Wacken is going more commercial, as last year appealed to me because Immortal, Cannibal Corpse, Stratovarius, and many others rarely play the UK. So (like Spindelta said) why travel so far to be at a festival with bands I've been trying so hard to avoid?
It's reminding me of Desert Rock in Dubai, 2005.. I went to that so I could see Sepultura, Nervecell and Machine Head. The Darkness were headlining (fuck knows why they were playing above Machine Head or Sepultura!) and we left before they came onstage, because they were always on TV and radio in the UK!

But on the other hand, there are some amazing bands playing this year. So for this year at least, it's a case of going to another stage while the bands I don't want to see are on.

Another thing is, what stage are Killswitch Engage and Avenged Sevenfold gonna play? They're too big for the tent, and A7X are too big for the Party Stage.. But they're hardly True or Black Stage material..?
Although I have a feeling that A7X on the Black Stage may lead to Gaahl crashing the set with a spiked club..

cyber999

20 Apr. 2007
The Azores - Portugal
And yes, there are bands I like at Wacken this year. Primordial, Watain and Nifelheim

ok, so youre going to miss them because you dont like hatebreed,job for a cowboy and so on! dont take me wrong!, i dont want to offend you, but thats stupid! and you youre english(i think), you dont need to much money to go to wacken.. youre are more worried about the bands you hate that the bands you like!.

All of this is very relative, in portugal we dont any festival like wacken, not even close!. and i would preferer to see my entire island, hearing to metalcore then any pop/hip-hop/electronic music! :mad: at least metalcore is half metal!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Spindelta

21 Dez. 2006
youre are more worried about the bands you hate that the bands you like!.

It may seem that way, but it is a measured response. I saw Primordial two months ago (and they were the best band I have ever seen, by the way) and I saw Watain twice last year. This makes Nifelheim the single band on the Wacken line-up which I would like to see, that I haven't already seen. Party San (Bloodbath, Bolt Thrower, Behemoth) has more bands worth seeing, as does Hole In The Sky (Asphyx, Inquisition, Primordial, Behemoth).

Even if Wacken had more quality bands than either of those festivals, I still wouldn't go because of the shit bands. Music is not an abstract experience for me. I enjoy watching metal bands in the context of other metal bands and in the presence of other metal heads. The Primordial gig I went to earlier this year was amazing also because of the support bands, Mael Mordha and Grand Magus. Watching an uninterrupted slew of metal bands destroy a stage is my idea of a religious experience. Metal legends sharing a stage with such vapid excuses for music as Avenged Sevenfold (or more likely, the legends in the tent whilst the kids get the main stage) is not my idea of a good time. It doesn't matter that I won't be watching those eyeliner wearing gender-bending bands. That's not even the point.

Wacken has marked itself as the festival for metal tourists, especially when compared to line-ups like Hole In The Sky.

Northern Death

1 Mai 2004
Dlm am Wildpferd
hairniteout.blogspot.de
You are correct, Day Of Darkness in Ireland is the one I'm looking at now, Watain, Unleashed, Doomsword and others TBC, not too shabby if you ask me. I also want to try and get to that Vader show in Poland with Nile, Dismember, Rotting Christ, Grave, Krisiun, Entombed, sounds like it's gonna be pretty special that.

It's just sad to see the festival I used to love degraded to playing MTV trend bands, but, hopefully more actual metal fans will start speaking with their wallets and go elsewhere.
Although the german part of the forum is full of much too open-minded people that do not care if half of the festival is contaminated by metalcore bands and fans I do know a lot of people in here that decided not to go there any more because of various reasons like the increasing number of visitors, bad camping organisation or whatever. The main point is, as I already said an you validated me in this that there are a lot of better festivals and concerts that are worth being supported. Day of Darkness billing sounds interesting to me for example although it is too far away to really go there for me.