Neue Band bestätigt - Avenged Sevenfold

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Out of interest, are you guys laughing because you think that the petition is pointless, or because you think that Avenged Sevenfold is a worthy booking?

The honour of the entire of Germany is at stake. :p

Wrong thinking!

There is a survey EVERY year after the Wacken festival. If (say) 50.1% entered AS as group they wanted to see, who is the WOA organisation to argue with it?

A bunch of so called tr00 metalheads may be against it, but that's their problem. If they go, they can fill in the survey of 2008, and say which band they DON'T want to see anymore.

And the petition won't help. I can give you a VERY good example if you want to.

20 Feb. 2008
Fuck off. Of course it will help. It helps to spread opinion you idiot. The point in a petition is to sound your voice, and with ENOUGH voices, something MIGHT happen. So rather than sitting there with your thumb up your cunt, put your name down if you really don't want Avenged Faggotfold to play at a festival you pay a good bit of money to attend.

And last year there was a similar petition to get rid of BFMV, and after a LOT of people signed it, the band all of a sudden pulled out due to a 'sore throat'. Now I am not saying the band made this up to get out of having piss thrown at them, but at the same time - Pretty big coincidence.

So rather than laughing at us for having PRIDE in the music we love, how about you join in and support the cause to have bands we ALL enjoy playing at the festival. Tit

Mü_Exotic

W:O:A Metalgod
7 Aug. 2006
Fuck off. Of course it will help. It helps to spread opinion you idiot. The point in a petition is to sound your voice, and with ENOUGH voices, something MIGHT happen. So rather than sitting there with your thumb up your cunt, put your name down if you really don't want Avenged Faggotfold to play at a festival you pay a good bit of money to attend.

And last year there was a similar petition to get rid of BFMV, and after a LOT of people signed it, the band all of a sudden pulled out due to a 'sore throat'. Now I am not saying the band made this up to get out of having piss thrown at them, but at the same time - Pretty big coincidence.

So rather than laughing at us for having PRIDE in the music we love, how about you join in and support the cause to have bands we ALL enjoy playing at the festival. Tit

ROFL

think you´re just a stupid kiddie with a great lack of knowledge what metal really means.
I grew up with bands like maiden, blind guardian, running wild and so on. and if everyone thought as you poor looser, we would listen to the same stuff about the last 20 years. NO kind of bands like in flames, children of bodom and all the stuff that invented the metal scene.
so don´t talk about "music we love" with just a fuck you know about the music and the spirit thats within.
and nevertheless, music that ALL people enjoy is just an illusion. go, listen to the "real" metal music from the 80´s and be happy with your childish opinion and behaviour.

13 Okt. 2007
Boston Area, Massachusetts
Yeh, we could have just stayed home and gone to OZZFEST. :D

Meh - As someone said in here - there are enough bands I want to see so I'm OK with it. It's a holiday for us and we're visiting friends in Switzerland as well. As someone else said - there are enough other bands at W.O.A. that I'll be content enough.

Roadburn line-up is a hell of a lot better this year - kind of wish we had gone w/ those tx.

Fields of Rock was totally cancelled this year because lack of ticket sales and bands. Wonder what the future has in store for Wacken and other festivals. The fesitvals in Europe are 10 x better than here in the U.S. - usually anyway.
I see you're from New England. What part? I'm from MA about 1/2 hour south of Boston. And speaking of horrible metal fests in the US, Are you by chance going to New England Metal and Hardcore Fest next month? I couldn't pass up the chance to see the paganfest bands, and Nevermore and Meshuggah should be a good addition as well.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
29 März 2008
ROFL

think you´re just a stupid kiddie with a great lack of knowledge what metal really means.
I grew up with bands like maiden, blind guardian, running wild and so on. and if everyone thought as you poor looser, we would listen to the same stuff about the last 20 years. NO kind of bands like in flames, children of bodom and all the stuff that invented the metal scene.
so don´t talk about "music we love" with just a fuck you know about the music and the spirit thats within.
and nevertheless, music that ALL people enjoy is just an illusion. go, listen to the "real" metal music from the 80´s and be happy with your childish opinion and behaviour.

Get fucked.

I don't think anyone gives a dead horse's shit what bands you grew up with - most of the rest of us did too. The fact that you're trying to make your worthless argument seem more valid by accusing other people of being immature is a real mindblowing joke.

Your point is completely null and void, you're saying that if everyone though like us there would be no Children of Bodom, or "new bands"? Bullshit. This isn't a debate between "new / old bands", or between "innovation in metal", it's a debate about metal vs. non metal.

Avenged Sevenfold are not metal, a few of the thousands of reasons why they're not metal include their absolute lack of musical talent, their song structure, the way in which they market themselves ruthlessly to pre-pubescent children, the image they present, and the lack of artistic integrity or substance behind their band / music / lyrics, etc.

Wacken is a metal festival - take a guess who the main audience at Wacken is? Oh, right, metalheads.

If the majority of people wanted to see Alternative, indie, corporate sellout rock they'd avoid flying overseas and just go to Ozzfest or Download. You say that being a metalhead means you have "no open-mindedness" in terms of music?

Yeah, you're right, I don't. I like good music, with some fucking integrity and a purpose, I have no time for the processed shit-in-a-CD-case that you're defending. Take your argument and feed it to someone who gives a fuck. Metal isn't about open-mindedness to all forms of music, it's about metal.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Get fucked.

I don't think anyone gives a dead horse's shit what bands you grew up with - most of the rest of us did too. The fact that you're trying to make your worthless argument seem more valid by accusing other people of being immature is a real mindblowing joke.

Your point is completely null and void, you're saying that if everyone though like us there would be no Children of Bodom, or "new bands"? Bullshit. This isn't a debate between "new / old bands", or between "innovation in metal", it's a debate about metal vs. non metal.

Avenged Sevenfold are not metal, a few of the thousands of reasons why they're not metal include their absolute lack of musical talent, their song structure, the way in which they market themselves ruthlessly to pre-pubescent children, the image they present, and the lack of artistic integrity or substance behind their band / music / lyrics, etc.

Wacken is a metal festival - take a guess who the main audience at Wacken is? Oh, right, metalheads.

If the majority of people wanted to see Alternative, indie, corporate sellout rock they'd avoid flying overseas and just go to Ozzfest or Download. You say that being a metalhead means you have "no open-mindedness" in terms of music?

Yeah, you're right, I don't. I like good music, with some fucking integrity and a purpose, I have no time for the processed shit-in-a-CD-case that you're defending. Take your argument and feed it to someone who gives a fuck. Metal isn't about open-mindedness to all forms of music, it's about metal.

TrueFuckingMetal's profle schrieb:
Zusätzliche Informationen
-
Needn't say more!

BUT... I will anyways.

MUSIC evolves. You don't like it? Get lost, go somewhere else (play with your dick/pussy), but don't annoy us with what is tr00 or not trve! Don't force us your opinoin either, and last but not least, if you're not satisfied with this year's billing, STAY AT HOME!!!!!

Your argument is as null and void as you claim others to be!

En dit was 't laatste wat ik er ook OOIT over zal zeggen :mad:

29 März 2008
I'm too lazy to write a tailor made reply to your post, so I'll just copy the reply I made to another post in another thread, which seems to work for your point too:

"So, I'm just going to piss on your post for a while.

that was my kind of sarcastic and ironic statement.

i don´t care bout the metalscene anymore, cause I think it´s really embarrassing to say "I´m a metalhead". sad to say, very sad.
it makes we wanna puke to see and read how narrowminded a lot of the so on called "metalheads" are. NO sign of tolerance, NO sign of showing that we are a community. that WE made the metalscene as it were before and as it should be.
no, everyone wants to claim his opinion as the one and only opinion which is right.
the metalsscene seems to be restricted, everything that may be succesful or is big in the media, is "commercial" is "untrue" or "not metal". like metalcore, bands changing there musicstyle - maybe they evolve...
what would had they said 20 years before?
maiden were commercial, they sold millions of records, played before hundred thousands of people.
but times seems changing, younger people think they made a great show of learning.
in MY generation we were happy to listen to new bands, to new kinds of metallike music and to new records.

and THAT was the point what counts, live and let live.
but the new generation don´t seem to be able to do that.
in fact, I think that a lot of younger people are just "music-racists"...
a petition against bands you don´t like, that is so fuckin untrue and against ALL what metal once stand before.

so metal-scene of today - FUCK YOU!

Let me get to my first point. Metal isn't about universal musical openmindedness, and it never fucking has been. Period. If you think otherwise you're living in a fantasy world. Metal is about.... well... metal.

The thrash movement was a rise against the glam movement, the original NWOBHM bands, as well as Sabbath (the original Doom band) were a statement against the rising pop music industry with it's processed and insincere garbage.

To claim that there would be no innovation by the criteria of "true metal" is just more bullshit. It's perfectly possible for bands to innovate their sound without surrendering their integrity. Unfortunately, a lot of the time a band does drastically alter it's direction it is to achieve greater mainstream appeal.

This leads onto the point of "selling out". Selling out doesn't refer to a band selling a lot of albums, it refers to.. now listen carefully to this... a band surrendering it's artistic integrity and abandoning it's original fanbase in the pursuit of money and or fame. The great capitalist nightmare. A band can sell trillions of albums, and they won't be sellouts for that reason in and of itself. Assuming they "stayed true", they will just be a successful / well renowned metal band.

If however that same band suddenly dumbs down their sound, or adapts it in a way to appeal to a more mainstream audience, starts marketing themselves ruthlessly at children, and selling themselves in the mainstream media - while, say, adopting the typical rockstar "I'm better than you" attitude then, yeah, they've sold out. Example? Metallica. They went from playing some great Thrash in the 80's, come the 90's they decided to abandon their original fanbase, drastically alter their sound and change it to a far more simplistic hook-filled style, they cut their hair to appeal to the biggest market of the day (Nu Metal, i.e. shit), began putting themselves in the media limelight at every opportunity, and appearing at as many "mainstream" events as possible.

Despite the fact that Metallica originally became known through bootlegs, they also went on a little crusade against music sharing to ensure that they made as much money as possible.

Now here's the deal... Metal isn't and never has been "mainstream music", it's not something a casual listener is meant to be able to pick up, listen to, and appreciate - it goes deeper than that. It's not just a form of music, it's a lifestyle. It generally appeals to people with a certain mindset, and world view, which is very different from your blind Britney Spears fan. the complexity of the music is something that has to be appreciated properly, it's like a fine wine, not an alcopop (like for example, the pop music industry.)

Add to that the fact that many metal bands, and metal as a whole is counter-cultural, and that a big emphasis of often on the corruption and failures of mainstream society (including the media), how would any self-respecting metal band allow themselves to become just another part of it?

Metal changes and adapts all the time, but changing and selling out are two different things. There is such a thing as true metal whether you like it or not.

I'm from your generation, and I sure as hell don't think like you.

"Corporate rock really does suck" - Carcass."

20 Feb. 2008
ROFL

Holy shit you dumb piece of shit! Are you actually suggesting Avenged Sevenfold has a place at Wacken? If so, join the legion of faggots who take in the ass. I'm sure they will have a place for you alongside listening to music you. I don't give a flying fuck about what bands you grew up listening to, because it's totally irrelevant you dick.

Obviously music is subjective and we all have our own tastes, but that's why I got to a metal festival you fucking moron. a METAL festival. Avenged Sevenfold are the height of obscene mediocrity and merch-based trendcore. What is your major malfunction? Please don't come to wacken. If you do, I might have to bury my dick in your skull.

rainstart

30 März 2008
Wow, this thread actually makes me want to like Avenged Sevenfold. Congratulations, you ignorant hermits - you are all so fucking true.

Metalhead of switzerland

W:O:A Metalmaster
Holy shit you dumb piece of shit! Are you actually suggesting Avenged Sevenfold has a place at Wacken? If so, join the legion of faggots who take in the ass. I'm sure they will have a place for you alongside listening to music you. I don't give a flying fuck about what bands you grew up listening to, because it's totally irrelevant you dick.

Obviously music is subjective and we all have our own tastes, but that's why I got to a metal festival you fucking moron. a METAL festival. Avenged Sevenfold are the height of obscene mediocrity and merch-based trendcore. What is your major malfunction? Please don't come to wacken. If you do, I might have to bury my dick in your skull.

Wacken has a place for all bands of all subgenres of Metal and Rock,if you dont like this fact,there are lots of pure true/death/black Metal festivals. Wacken had allways a mixture of different styles,just because you dont like a band doesnt mean that your opinion is shared by each metalhead on this planet,and I seriously doubt that you are able to create something that could compete with A7x,JFAC or Unearth,even if you dont like a band you should pay your respect for their effort. I personaly dont like A7x for example,but i just dont fucking care,wacken cant invite 80 bands i like,and i dont want that ,cause i also need time to make party or to rest. intollerant people like you are the ones who are destroying our scene,and that isnt "true" at all. i am just happy i dont live in the same country as you,because,if all metalheads there are as narrowminded as you,it must have a really sad scene,in oposition to where I live, cause we have a good scene where people respect and tolerate each others musical taste. And who for fucks sake gave you the right to decide whats metal or not?and before you call me poser,i am a metalhead,with long hair,long beard and allways black clothed,i am a growler in a death metal band and a death/thrashcore band,so i think i ve got enough "credibility" to be take seriously,and I seriously doubt that you got this "credibility"

Zuletzt bearbeitet: