FUCK OFF Job for A Cowboy!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
13 Okt. 2007
Boston Area, Massachusetts
Music, like language, people, culture etc. is a "living" thing, which evolves. Therefore, the music (that's what we're talking about here) will also have its evolution. Some people may like that, other don't, but that doesn't stop the same music from evolving.

And if you don't like the idea of music evolving, that's a pity, but it will continue, regardless of your ideas.

And it all comes down to taste! I said that before in this thread, and now I'm repeating myself.
First of all thank you for actually giving an intelligent response and not trying to turn a conversation into an argument. But like I said in the first post that started this, I think evolution of metal is a good thing when it's taking the music to a deeper or more technical level. The creation of death metal was a good thing, the evolution that took place in black metal from bands like Venom and Celtic Frost to bands like Emperor and Immortal was a good thing. Let's face it, if every band tried to reproduce the sound Black Sabbath had and copied them, metal would have crashed and burned decades ago because it would have been too boring after so many years of the same thing for people to continue listening. What I personally see in these metal-core bands nowadays is HUGE lack of originality and/or writing and playing ability, and I think that's a core element for a band to have if they're going to be writing and playing good quality metal. And again, I thank you for the actual response to this.

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
But there's so many death/black/thrash/whatever metal bands where I also think there is a huge lack of all the things you mentioned. And, in contrast, I suppose there are also metalcore bands making intelligent music, or at least music that is no less intelligent than the average death/black/thrash/whatever metal band. What you stated sounds like an overgeneralisation to me. Both regarding the high quality of metal and the low quality of metalcore... (Sure, what e.g. Venom did was a revolution and metal would, at least, be different today without that. But there are so many black metal bands, for example, that all sound the same...so that I really doubt they are very "original" any more.)

You said you knew the right direction for metal to develop towards, which is simply your opinion that I cannot really share. This is why I reacted the way I reacted.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
13 Okt. 2007
Boston Area, Massachusetts
But there's so many death/black/thrash/whatever metal bands where I also think there is a huge lack of all the things you mentioned. And, in contrast, I suppose there are also metalcore bands making intelligent music, or at least music that is no less intelligent than the average death/black/thrash/whatever metal band. What you stated sounds like an overgeneralisation to me. Both regarding the high quality of metal and the low quality of metalcore... (Sure, what e.g. Venom did was a revolution and metal would, at least, be different today without that. But there are so many black metal bands, for example, that all sound the same...so that I really doubt they are very "original" any more.)

You said you knew the right direction for metal to develop towards, which is simply your opinion that I cannot really share. This is why I reacted the way I reacted.
You do bring up a good point, and I'm not going to disagree with you that there are black and death and whatever other sub genre you wanna talk about bands that are also producing sub-par metal. A good example of what your saying would be Brutal death metal bands in the US. This particular sub-genre has huge amounts of bands that stacked up against each other really aren't too different. Look at the big names in the Death Metal genre though: Vader, Decapitated, Necrophagist, Dying Fetus, Hypocrisy etc. These are all great bands and help death metal keep it's good name, though there is an underground of lesser known bands (and clearly for a reason) that just aren't that good and are extremely generic. The difference I see though is even the biggest names in metal-core are nothing to rave about. One band I wouldn't mind giving credit too is Unearth, despite the fact that the metal-core scene is more or less run by bands like Killswitch and As I Lay Dying, I do think these guys are producing decent music. Not my thing, but it is decent. I did make a mistake with the over generalization of the metal-core genre, but I do feel that the numbers percentage wise of unoriginal death and black metal bands when compared to metal-core bands is much lower, making death and black metal (along with thrash, folk, etc.) more successful and worth while genres. And regarding the right direction for metal, I respect your opinion on that, I realize it may have come off as me saying I knew 100% what metal should and should not be, but I was really only trying to get my opinion across.