FUCK OFF Job for A Cowboy!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

808Metal

W:O:A Metalmaster
30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii
This argument is going nowhere fast.

I would not consider this an argument, I feel that for the most part it's people sharing their opinions on a topic. I may not agree with someone's opinion but I do respect their right to share their opinion. The bottom line is this will be a festival filled with bands from most metal genres and a lot of metal fans. The idea is to enjoy the festival as a whole. That means the beer, the music, the fans, the vendors, the food, the camping, everything involved. There are some bands I do not want to see, and if there's not a better band playing at the same time, I'll enjoy the festival in other ways while I wait for a better band to take the stage. See you there!

13 Okt. 2007
Boston Area, Massachusetts
Does everything always need to be "true metal" then no new bands or genres will ever be allowed?

I guess Death should never have been invented, nore should black?
The creation of Death and Black metal was a good thing, it moved the genre in the right direction and pushed it a step forward to a more extreme level. These metal-core bands are moving in reverse. Adding breakdowns suited for a Hardcore song, and caring more about your fashion and haircuts than the quality of the music your producing is moving metal backwards and putting it on the same level as pop music where artists sell because of an image rather than music. I enjoy all metal genres, from folk to death to power etc. so it's not always about being the fastest heaviest "true" band, but metal-core in my opinion is bringing metal down.

13 Okt. 2007
Boston Area, Massachusetts
Oooh, you think you know the "right" direction?

Lead me to wherever you think is "right", my master! :rolleyes:

Regarding the haircuts, read this.
I'm not going to tell a GOOD band how to play or write music. I'm not going to guide anyone in what I think is the right direction musically, I'll leave that to the artists. I'm just giving my opinion, and I think taking metal and watering it down and adding catchy riffs to appeal to a broader audience until it's jumpy pop rock isn't metal, and it ISN'T the right direction to be taking metal. Plain and simple. Metal won't be any better than hardcore or punk if that's what it becomes. I think Originality plays a big role in what has kept metal going for so many years, and with these metal-core bands it's almost like they're just coming off an assembly line and being handed a guitar. If that's not how you fell about the matter, fine, I just think the technicality and originality of metal is something we shouldn't kick in the back seat and forget about.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
I'm not going to tell a GOOD band how to play or write music. I'm not going to guide anyone in what I think is the right direction musically, I'll leave that to the artists. I'm just giving my opinion, and I think taking metal and watering it down and adding catchy riffs to appeal to a broader audience until it's jumpy pop rock isn't metal, and it ISN'T the right direction to be taking metal. Plain and simple. Metal won't be any better than hardcore or punk if that's what it becomes. I think Originality plays a big role in what has kept metal going for so many years, and with these metal-core bands it's almost like they're just coming off an assembly line and being handed a guitar. If that's not how you fell about the matter, fine, I just think the technicality and originality of metal is something we shouldn't kick in the back seat and forget about.

Music, like language, people, culture etc. is a "living" thing, which evolves. Therefore, the music (that's what we're talking about here) will also have its evolution. Some people may like that, other don't, but that doesn't stop the same music from evolving.

And if you don't like the idea of music evolving, that's a pity, but it will continue, regardless of your ideas.

And it all comes down to taste! I said that before in this thread, and now I'm repeating myself.

808Metal

W:O:A Metalmaster
30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii
Music, like language, people, culture etc. is a "living" thing, which evolves. Therefore, the music (that's what we're talking about here) will also have its evolution. Some people may like that, other don't, but that doesn't stop the same music from evolving.

And if you don't like the idea of music evolving, that's a pity, but it will continue, regardless of your ideas.

And it all comes down to taste! I said that before in this thread, and now I'm repeating myself.

Very well put great post.