NEW BANDS CONFIRMED! - UNEARTH & JOB FOR A COWBOY

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

DrakeiN

21 Feb. 2008
If you don't want to see "core" bands you just give go drink beer stupids redneck!
You so-called "experts" but the latest album from JFAC is a pure death metal album ... but your ears engluer crap of intolerence should not hear! :)

Still, I gather from your statement that you've not been to Wacken before, so it seems that you're the one who doesn't know what you're talking about.

Once you've listened to metal for a little while, you'll be able to see why these bands aren't metal, but fashion.

There are only at Wacken that one can acquire knowledge in metal? Haha!
Unlike you I listen to what is happening in the genre (black, death, grind, hardcore, metalcore, heavy, thrash ...) and for me, none of them is useless.
I thought the morons "bearer of the truth" concerning the metal was typical french ...

Wacken-Armour

24 Feb. 2008
Inquisition hall I; Highthrone.
If you don't want to see "core" bands you just give go drink beer stupids redneck!
So that's a whole festival to the beer tents then.
Metal festival = Metal music.
Core = Not metal.
It's as easy as that.

the latest album from JFAC is a pure death metal album
Congratulations on fuelling the metal-kiddie stereotype. Completely unaware of how a genre sounds. But oh okay, I suppose as long as some cool metal magazine tells you what to like, then you're happy.

I listen to what is happening in the genre (black, death, grind, hardcore, metalcore, heavy, thrash ...)
Neither grind, hardcore nor metalcore are defined as actual metal.

DrakeiN

21 Feb. 2008
Congratulations on fuelling the metal-kiddie stereotype. Completely unaware of how a genre sounds. But oh okay, I suppose as long as some cool metal magazine tells you what to like, then you're happy.

Sorry, I don't read "cool metal magazine"...but if you say...
While "Genesis" is not death metal, well tell me what it is please!

Neither grind, hardcore nor metalcore are defined as actual metal.

Yes, I differentiates "core" and "metal" but I think this is not a little eclecticism that will change totally the Wacken ... on the contrary, it can make it evolve (+ tickets sold = + €€€ = + bands ...)!

Spindelta

W:O:A Metalhead
21 Dez. 2006
but i dont believe that from 60 k people nobody wants to see those bands!

Cyber999 has a point, I am sure that plenty of people do want to see JFAC, just like that large swathe of people who watched The Black Dahlia Murder and Heaven Shall Burn last year. Sadly these are people are helping to ruin Wacken for those who want it to be a metalfest. People like our friend DrakeiN here, who can't tell the difference between death metal and the attempts of a group of kids to jump on a bandwagon.

DrakeiN, you want to know what Genesis is? It's a cheap attempt at death metal, played by a bunch of kids who sound like they've just heard of death metal. That's why the solos are shit, that's why the riffs are generic, thats why the vocals are forgettable. Real death metal is written with passion, which these scene kids will probably never understand. If you'd been to Wacken before you might wonder why none of the metal stalls in the metal market sells metalcore/deathcore CDs or shirts - just thrash, death, black and doom. You might also realise that Wacken has sold out for the last few years on the strength of bands like Emperor and Celtic Frost - Wacken is not growing anymore, they have announced that, so all that metalcore is bringing to the festival is it's teenage fans instead of metalheads.

15 Mai 2007
Cork, Ireland
Would you guys stop argueing! The greatest thing about Wacken is the people, don't let the bands turn us against each other! :)

I hope that these announcements are just a mistake, and that the the organisers will realise that such announcements are a bad idea in the future, we'll see I guess.

But hell, Maiden, Carcass, Avantasia, Gorgoroth, Primordial etc.. WOA still has the best festival line-up in Europe!

Spindelta

W:O:A Metalhead
21 Dez. 2006
Personally I think that Party San has a much better line-up. They got Bolt Thrower, and they don't have any shit metalcore, except for Maroon, who presumably got added because they're German. That said, they did have TBDM last year, which is surprising. I think At The Gates is over rated, so I don't see the excitement in a generic metalcore version of them.

no i saw t shirts from naera

Well, they were playing last year. Admittedly I did see one stall which had a Trivium shirt for sale.