The Billing is boring!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Danyael

4 Dez. 2002
L.A. California
www.thebiitch.com
Dark Angel is going to play

Dark Angel has not split up and is confirmed to play at the festival in 2003.
The only members that is no longer is Jim Durkin and is being replaced by Jed from Strapping Young Lad and the Bass player Jeremy Peto and will be replaced by Danyael (Ten Foot Pole, Glue Gun, Grumbletummy)
There are dates already booked in the USA for MArch 2003 and the line up will feature all the other original members from Leave Scars Line-up. The band is currently rehearsing here in L.A. for some surprise shows in January 2003. Also Gene Hoglan will be appearing in The Amazing PunchDrunk at the festival

For up to date info go to the official website at www.thebiitch.com

Sodomy&Lust

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
Originally posted by Johnny_Cool
The Billing sucks!!! It's so boring!!! I want some real metal! So let's see, what we've got so far for 2003...

Dark Angel (Great Thrash Inferno, but I've heard they already splitted up)
Vader (not my cup of tea... already played at Wacken before)
Gamma Ray (nice Band, but on tour in Germany every year + have already played at Wacken before)
Extreme Noise Terror (not my cup of tea...)
Iced Earth (their 3rd Gig in Wacken in 6 years, who needs to see Iced Earth that often?)
Malevolent Creation (not my cup of tea...)
Nile (not my cup of tea...)
Primal Fear (nothing special, already played in Wacken 100.000 times before)
Rage (also nothing special, already played in Wacken before)
Stratovarius (boring, already played in Wacken before)
The almighty Punchdrunk (???)
Vader (not my cup of tea...)

So, all in all, the billing so far sucks supreme! Where's the power? Where's the glory? Where's the real Metal Spirit? Where are true heroes like Angel Witch, Trespass, Praying Mantis, Holocaust, Gorgon, Metal Inquisitor, Majesty, Ritual Steel, Solemnity, Axewielder, Heathen Hoof, Vortex, Angus, Emerald, Ostrogoth, Skullview, Seven Witches, Overlorde, Manilla Road, Cauldron Born, Holy Mother, Thor, Brocas Helm, Doomsword, Thunderstorm, Morningstar, etc? Who needs all those big major acts in Wacken? They are included to the billing one year after another and also you can see them on tour every fuckin' year! They are boring! I want some underground warriors with true metal attitude and real metal music! Fuck mainstream, let the Steel Force take command!

Hey, guy!! Have you taken into account that not everybody has been to Wacken 6, 7 or 8 times? And you say about a few bands : "not my cup of tea". Wacken is not a power metal festival, it's a METAL festival. If you want to see those bands with "real metal spirit", go to another festival where only true metal bands play.

Suwarin

26 Nov. 2001
(ehem.Ruhrpott) Düsseldorf
I just thought that every point where he said not my cup of tea ..definately MY cup of tea was...so I don't find it boring at all..
anyway the party and people are definately MY cup of tea....

Rosk

W:O:A Metalhead
30 Mai 2002
Monterrey, Mexico
Yeah, that's exactly what I thought too Suwi ;)

And yeah, I think the reasons to go is 50% the bands and 50% the cool people and atmosphere at the festival.. it just rules!

flo

14 Dez. 2001
Remscheid
www.strongholde.de
for me it's about 10% the bands, 90 % the party.... for the music i love i go to headbangers open air (HAIL!! the best festival in germany!!), kuttstock festival, keep it true festival and heavy metal maniacs festival. so i won't complain about anything... many bands are boring, but i don't care about :)

flo

14 Dez. 2001
Remscheid
www.strongholde.de
"the new one SUCKS hard."

i don't think it's that bad. i like it more than atlantis rising! of course it's not as good as the 80s stuff from MR, but i think it's still better then most of the stuff of today.

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Originally posted by flo
"the new one SUCKS hard."

i don't think it's that bad. i like it more than atlantis rising! of course it's not as good as the 80s stuff from MR, but i think it's still better then most of the stuff of today.

I tried really hard to get into it, but it's so dull and plodding there was no hope - a lot like Judas Priest "Jugulator". I feel really bad, because I was genuinely excited over the Manilla Road reunion. Oh well, as long as they can still play "Metal Storm" and "Riddle Master" with all the power those songs deserve, I'll be happy to have them back!

@Superchager - would fucking love to see SYL live finally! Talk about some Devy fucking metal. :D

nordictat2

7 Nov. 2002
Website besuchen
yes!

I agree that the list of bands so far is not to my likeing thats for sure..NOT 1 of them I would go to Wacken 2003 to see..it's all Progish and Death Metal.. I'm more into Black and Doom Metal but man this line up sucks so far...

Last year was a great list of bands but the list for 2003..is looking disapointing :(

nordictat2

7 Nov. 2002
Website besuchen
well...

I guess it depends on what style of Metal you listen to most... For Prog Metal fans its a dream but for us Black and Doom Metal fans it sucks...well for me atleast :( !!!

Last year was great..Immortal, Hypocrisy,My dying bride etc.

I'm not going to Wacken from Norway just to go..I need to make sure there is atleast bands i want to see !