The Billing is boring!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Johnny_Cool

29 Nov. 2002
Captured City
www.metalprovider.com
The Billing sucks!!! It's so boring!!! I want some real metal! So let's see, what we've got so far for 2003...

Dark Angel (Great Thrash Inferno, but I've heard they already splitted up)
Vader (not my cup of tea... already played at Wacken before)
Gamma Ray (nice Band, but on tour in Germany every year + have already played at Wacken before)
Extreme Noise Terror (not my cup of tea...)
Iced Earth (their 3rd Gig in Wacken in 6 years, who needs to see Iced Earth that often?)
Malevolent Creation (not my cup of tea...)
Nile (not my cup of tea...)
Primal Fear (nothing special, already played in Wacken 100.000 times before)
Rage (also nothing special, already played in Wacken before)
Stratovarius (boring, already played in Wacken before)
The almighty Punchdrunk (???)
Vader (not my cup of tea...)

So, all in all, the billing so far sucks supreme! Where's the power? Where's the glory? Where's the real Metal Spirit? Where are true heroes like Angel Witch, Trespass, Praying Mantis, Holocaust, Gorgon, Metal Inquisitor, Majesty, Ritual Steel, Solemnity, Axewielder, Heathen Hoof, Vortex, Angus, Emerald, Ostrogoth, Skullview, Seven Witches, Overlorde, Manilla Road, Cauldron Born, Holy Mother, Thor, Brocas Helm, Doomsword, Thunderstorm, Morningstar, etc? Who needs all those big major acts in Wacken? They are included to the billing one year after another and also you can see them on tour every fuckin' year! They are boring! I want some underground warriors with true metal attitude and real metal music! Fuck mainstream, let the Steel Force take command!

Fallen_Knight

W:O:A Metalmaster
22 Mai 2002
Leider Schweden
Most of the bands didn't play this year and last year...
And those bands maybe don't come to our countries that often...

Then we ae happy they all come to Wacken... right?

If you don't like them, don't go to Wacken then...

A lot of bands are coming and many are good and some are ok, but hey! I can't see them every year, not even every second year...

flo

W:O:A Metalhead
14 Dez. 2001
Remscheid
www.strongholde.de
for me the billing is also boring. i have been in wacken every year since 1998 and in the last years there are always just a few bands that are interesting for me. i have already seen most of the bands before... many even in wacken.

the only band that i would really be happy to see is dark angel... but i was told that they won't play the festival.
iced earth is also cool, because they are a great live band and belong to my faves.
the rest of the billing is everything but interesting for me. seen it all before and the bands are nothing special.

i don't understand qhy there are always the same bands on the wacken billing. there are sooo many great bands that never got the chance to play there!! why the hell don't the organizer's even try to get manilla road or overlorde to the festival? these bands play really fantastic music, they will motivate maniacs from all over europe to come to the festival and they both said more than once that they are interested!! why do they book primal fear for the 4th or 5th time when there are soooo many great bands that have never played in wacken? i can't explain this to myself...

flo

14 Dez. 2001
Remscheid
www.strongholde.de
if you like in the states you should visit the next classic metal fest! there is no better festival for traditional heavy metal on earth! the last two years the billing has been awsome (bands like manilla road, twisted tower dire, omen, seven witches, skullview, iron cross, overlorde....)! but for some unknown reason there are always just very very very few metal fans from the us on the festival! why the hell don't you us guys take this great chance to see so many great heavy metal bands for few money??
the organizer always spends much more money on the festival than he earns, but he doesn't give in and kreates a great metal party year after year!
i think it's sad that this year there were more people from europe on the festival than from america...

SUPPORT REAL METAL!!!

flo

14 Dez. 2001
Remscheid
www.strongholde.de
so far the best festival in germany is the HEADBANGERS OPEN AIR

confirmed bands:

DOOMSWORD
STORMWARRIOR
ANGEL WITCH
BLITZKRIEG
SKANNERS
THUNDERSTORM
NIGHTSHADE
EXILED
CRYONIC TEMPLE
PARAGON
EXCELSIS
MASTER

this years HOA was the best festival i ever visited... much better than wacken.

Supercharger

W:O:A Metalmaster
26 Juli 2002
Deventer, the Netherlands
Website besuchen
Well I completely disagree with the starter of this thread. There's finally a line up of bands who kick some ass. Yes many of them are death and thrashmetalbands and that's fuckin' great. But don't worry there will come enough cheesey "true" metalbands to Wacken 2003. Fuck someone should make a festival for "True" metal only. It should be callesd "Poser Open Air" with Hammerfall, Sacred Steel and Manowar as headliners. Man stop complaining..there's finally some variety in this year's lineup :D

flo

14 Dez. 2001
Remscheid
www.strongholde.de
i explained why i don't like the billing... i'm not one of those "i am truer than true" metalheads. i just don't like most of the boring major bands of today. there are bands from all genres that are much better and i don't understand why these bands don't get the chances they deserve. i love thrash metal very much and i also visit the interesting death metal concerts in my area. it doesn't depend on the style of music, what matters is the attitude! and that's a big problem with many major bands in my eyes.

flo

14 Dez. 2001
Remscheid
www.strongholde.de
but even this year it was way too much people on the festival! they had to open extra camping spaces with no (!!!) toilets! and there were very big traffic problems! on these camping spaces the people had to walk half an hour or more, just to get to the festival area... that's too much in my eyes! i think the festival is on a bad way...

Shiny

29 Juni 2002
Ireland
Website besuchen
Everybody has valid points here.

If you are a regular Wacken goer (which I'm not, yet! but this year is my 2nd) then it would be annoying to have bands playing here more than once.

But as "Fallen_Knight" said, many of these bands dont come to
our countries that often.!
Power Metal gigs are non existant in Ireland.
An Iced Earth gig would be almost a dream come true for us!

But yes we have seen Vader and Nile before, although I wouldn't mind watching them again!
Although if it was my 3rd or 4th time to see them, then the novelty would begin to wear off.

I'm happy with this years billing so far but maybe in a few years time I might have a different opinion about wacken.

ManOWar

30 Nov. 2002
UK
Website besuchen
Yeah, well....

I disagree that this line up's boring, theres a few bands that will be good. especially for people that haven't been to Wacken before. But I agree that improvements could be made - But I want to see a couple of last years bands back - namely Blind Guardian, Cannibal Corpse, and Chldren Of Bodom. And I wouldn't mind seeing Dark Tranquillity and Exhumed appearing either. Or Nevermore come to think of it heh. BUt Wacken will be great anyway - what wordlwide real metalfest can't be.

flo

14 Dez. 2001
Remscheid
www.strongholde.de
all in all the billing is not so important for me. the main reasen for me to go to wacken again and again is the party! this year i saw just five bands (savatage, cadlemass, warlord, rottweiler and wizard) but it was a really cool festival anyway! i got togehter with the most lovely girl on earth and we made lots of party! that's why i will come back next year, although the costs grow from year to year (20 euro for a car is really much!) and there are just few interesting bands for me.