Some thoughts on German metal fans

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Metalsulm

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Mai 2002
Südwesten
Website besuchen
Originally posted by Evenfiel
Most metalheads usually are very friendly, even if they are under influence of the holy water. I know a pub owner who has a pub near a metal venue, and he's always happy when there are metal concerts because thats when he sells more beer and he never had any problem with drunk metalheads.

Not only Metalfans , Evenfiel....

I met heaps of friendly and crazy Brazilians on the Oktoberfest in Blumenau, SC, back in ´95

Never seen so many people going crazy about German Folk, really

:D:D:D

Sodomy&Lust

13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
I also think german metalheads are really cool people!!! Every german people I met in Wacken were fucking friendly!! Mainly those from the forum: xpet, CH/theMetalfreak, Suwarin, Karsten, MetalBastard, Lord Horb, Bommel Of Doom, Schizokrause, and some people from Austria, too, like Thordis, Lilith or Necrocunt....

I'll go to Germany to end my degree, after next summer, but if I find a job there I won't hesitate in staying there for ages.

And posting in the german forum is a great experience, too. Sometimes I have the feeling that they have fun with my grammar mistakes, but I have fun with them, too :D

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
I have to say that German thrashers have to be some of the scariest looking people I've ever seen, but also some of the nicest metalheads I've met, haha! I never realized how much Germans like to sing (especially when drunk), but hey, you live, you learn. And as to whoever thought that the German metalheads were particularly loud and obnoxious...isn't that how metalheads in general SHOULD be? :)

Seriously, though...the whole tone/mood of the festival was like nothing I've ever seen before, especially here in the US. I've been to my share of large pop/rock festivals here, and I'm used to seeing fights, riots, people getting crushed and hurt in the crowd, police everywhere, so on and so forth. Like at fuckin Woodstock '99, which was supposed to be "three days of peace and love" or some bullshit like that, there were people starting fires, looting merchants, and even raping girls. What the fuck? You see a lot of the same at the tiny metal "festivals" we have over here...more fights, more arrests, more bullshit. Too many people who are there for no other reason but to get in fights and start trouble.

And then I go to Wacken, where the music was for the most part much more extreme, heavy, and violent, and everyone was clearly there to have a good fuckin' time and nothing else. The beer flowed freely and the pits were crazy but nobody crossed the line...nobody was in a bad mood, nobody was starting shit. And that's what I think a festival SHOULD be like. Granted, this was the first European metal festival I've been to, so I don't know if this is just the nature of Wacken in particular or if all the festivals over there are like that.

All I can say is that you Germans know how to put a fucking METAL festival together and do it right, and I'll do whatever it takes to go back next year.

Plus, the beer's better over there anyway. :D

Evenfiel

W:O:A Metalhead
4 Mai 2002
Re: Evenfiel- NUCLEAR ASSAULT in your town next month

Originally posted by DJWill
Do you know about the NUCLEAR ASSAULT show on Setembro 20th @ the Broadway? My friend is the promoter and playing with them are special guests too.

Yes, I know about it and I'll certainly be there. Who will be the special guest?

Metalsum: Beer unites! At least in the places I've been to. I always hear stories about fights between drunk guys in discos from Sao Paulo. Ugh, stupid people!

xpet

25 Jan. 2002
Hamburg
first, thanks to all of you for the loads of compliments about us Germans :) :D
But I don´t know if the great Wacken atmosphere is only a thing of German metalheads - the festival has become soo international, just the fact that it happens in Germany makes it "german". So I think it was all of us who made that feeling!
Besides, why should anybody start fighting or doing shit at Wacken - as so many people are looking forward the whole year to these few days in Heavy Metal town?!?!

@ Shukri
you are from South Africa? Cool! :) Which city? I actually know a lot of SA metallers through the net and met a few of them at Wacken :) The scene there is pretty small and obvioulsy everybody knows each other, so I´m just curious!

@Warthog
no, that´s not only just the nature of Wacken, every other festival (not only metal ones) I´ve been was more or less like that. Roskilde festival in Denmark as well. Always great party, never experienced any violence or shit, except maybe stolen stuff out of tents. OK, I have to say that I´ve never been to these really big commercial festivals like Rock am Ring or so. Don´t know how they are. But I´ll actually check out the Summer Breeze next weekend and I expect it to be a small version of Wacken :)
And I just came home from a small non-commercial festival here at a lake in Hamburg and left my tent there - I´ll go back there in a few hours and expect my tent to be there as I left it. (Lets hope :D) But that´s normal festival feeling for me. A shame that it´s different in other countries...

Metal Pede

29 Nov. 2001
Denmark
Hey !

I live i Denmark too. And when it comes to the absolutely most boring country, regarding Metal...well Denmark is a sure number fuckin' one. You germans are so dedicated to the music, and it's a sure pleasure to come down and celebrate Metal with you guys.

In Denmark I believe 9 out of ten people listens to dance and techno crap. It's just pure 'bup-ti-bup-ti' hell here in Denmark.

You guys, you fuckin rule :)

Shukri

12 Aug. 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
www.cauterized.com
to xpet

@ Shukri
you are from South Africa? Cool! Which city? I actually know a lot of SA metallers through the net and met a few of them at Wacken The scene there is pretty small and obvioulsy everybody knows each other, so I´m just curious!

------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm originally from Cape Town, but I've lived there for only about 10 years in total. The metal scene there has always been small, and from what I hear it's even smaller now (I moved to Denmark two years ago). A Cape Town band, Sacraphyx, played at Wacken 2001. I know the vocalist and lead guitarist quite well.

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
I've had some help before, so I'll try again :)

Can I get some help with translating this:
"Ich bin ein teil des teils der anfang alles war"

I can remember reading about it once, I think it's supposed to be a famous quote or something like that.

I think I have to start practicing german again until next year :)

monochrom

15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
"I am a part of the part which was all (everything?)in the beginning"

But I'm german, so not 100% sure. Does that sentence actually mean anything in english?

Hope I could help

mono