Some thoughts on German metal fans

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
I actually now found something about this, all in German though...

Die allumfassende Liste

Ich bin ein Teil von jener Kraft
Die böses will und gutes schafft
Ich bin der Geist der stets verneint
Der böses will und gutes meint.

Und das mit Recht
Denn alles was entsteht
Ist wert dass es zugrunde geht.
So ist denn alles was ihr Sünde,
Zerstörung, kurz, das Böse nennt
Mein eigentliches Element.

Bescheidene Wahrheit sprech ich Euch.
Wenn sich der Mensch in seiner Narrenwelt
Gewöhnlich für ein ganzes hält.
Ich bin ein Teil des Teils der Anfang alles war,
Ein Teil der Finsternis
Die sich das Licht gebar.

I have NO idea what that is though :D

Found it here:
http://snifferz.piranho.de/steckbrief.htm

monochrom

15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

All credit to me, Samael and Frank Herbert, yes indeed.

No, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, "Faust", Germanys bible, maybe the most famous german book ever. So not recognizing it basically means that now I've finally come to the point where I forgot everything I ever learned at school.

This is the first long speech of Mephisto, the Devil, where he explains who he is and what he does.

There should be excellent translations in the net, just try "Goethe translations, Faust, Mephisto speech" and so on, you should get sth. better than my meagre attempts in no time.

Dune, indeed.

ROFL

A:L:D:I

W:O:A Metalhead
11 Jan. 2002
im Norden ;)
Website besuchen
@ gnoff: there is a very nice song from the german band "tanzwut" with exactly this text. the song is named "götterfunken". It's with the melody of Johann Sebastian Bachs 9th Symphony.
Perhaps you find it somewhere.

Greetz, A:L:D:I

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
@A:L:D:I

I got one song called WÄCHTER by that band, but know someone that listen to them , so I'll ask her :)
Thank you for the tip!

xpet

25 Jan. 2002
Hamburg
Re: to xpet

Originally posted by Shukri

I'm originally from Cape Town, but I've lived there for only about 10 years in total. The metal scene there has always been small, and from what I hear it's even smaller now (I moved to Denmark two years ago). A Cape Town band, Sacraphyx, played at Wacken 2001. I know the vocalist and lead guitarist quite well.

ah OK, thanks! Guess I´ve heard about Sacraphyx (you know, my Travel Guide research :D) , though I cant remember having seen them at Wacken...
those other SA guys I know are all from Johannesburg, members of Tyburn, Agro and Shadowlord... you know them?

Shukri

12 Aug. 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
www.cauterized.com
er, no not really :)

I was once in contact with one of the guys from Agro ... I don't know of any of the other bands. Unforunately, I had very limited contact with most South African bands, most of that down to musical differences. I know Mark from Groinchurn (RIP) and some of the guys from PITT really well. Other than that I guess there wasn't much to talk about. I was the one wanting to play more extreme stuff like grindcore with blast beats etc etc, while most SA bands were into power thrash and groove rock. I guess most of them considered my stuff pure noise, and I thought most of their bands were just way too tame.

South Africa has produced a few reall good bands though, all of them sadly no longer with us. Groinchurn was definitely the county's best export. There was also a good band called Sacrafist (not to be confused with Sacraphyx) that broke up a while ago. And of course Voice of Destruction. Sacraphyx were good as well, just not really my sort of thing.

I think there are a few bands still going, but I don't know anything about them. Since I left the country I've had almost no contact with that scene. Check out Witchdoctor Records (www.witchdoctorrecords.com) if you want some more news on what happens there.

Von Frost

24 Juli 2002
Ruhrpott
Hi Metal-Fans!

Thank you for the very good reputartion according Germany!!! But what would Wacken be without foreigners??!!! I'm sure that it would be less funny and that there would be less Party!!

So enjoy being here!
Metal on!!!

P.S.: Read Goethe'S Faust!! It's great. I read 2 months ago in school

Metal on around the world

xpet

25 Jan. 2002
Hamburg
@ Shukri
I´ll check out that link when I have time, thanks!
And yeah, I know Groinchurn, have seen them some time ago here in Hamburg. Do they have split up??? Ops?
Well, anyway, as I´m just a girl I have to admit that I´m not really into Grindcore ;)
Can´t say what´s the preferred metal style in SA, but I guess some of them are too much into Power metal :D
Anyway, did you know that Agro are confirmed for Wacken 2003 ? As I cant remember having seen them when they played in 99 or 2000 I´m looking forward to see them and to meet those dudes again.
And Tyburn are making really great metal, In Flames type stuff -exactly MY kind of metal. If anybody is interested, check out www.tyburn.co.za! :D
Just a pity that it´s so difficult for all the bands to get popular in Europe...

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Originally posted by A:L:D:I
@ gnoff: there is a very nice song from the german band "tanzwut" with exactly this text. the song is named "götterfunken". It's with the melody of Johann Sebastian Bachs 9th Symphony.
Perhaps you find it somewhere.

Greetz, A:L:D:I

Got that song now, it kicks ass :D :D
Sounds a lot like Rammstein in the middle passage I think.

Sodomy&Lust

13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
@necrocunt: well, actually, for me it's all the same, Deutschland or Österreich :) But you don't speak that strange ösi dialect, so sorry for saying that you're from Austria :D

First of all I wanna thank you guys for your nice words.
But then I have to say, that for me it's absolutely unimportant where somebody comes from. Either he/she is a great person or an asshole or sometimes something between :D:D
But I've recognised that in the "Metal-scene" most of all people are great, because Metal isn't just musik, Metal is a way of life. And this is one of the reasons that make Metal what it is - the great and friendly people. I met a lot of people from all over the globe at Wacken / Obscene Extreme / Roskilde Festival / Dynamo /and so on, but the Metallers nearest everytime were the greatest.

So I give this "Thanks to the German" back to all whom I met or whom I will met ever and to all who keeps this Metal-spirit alive.

Lets keep the Metal-scene friendly and let's grind this planet :D:D:D