need help from native English speakers!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Segger schrieb:
I'm going to be in europe for 37 days, how much money do you think i'll need to get by? will 2500 euros be enough?

Don't you have a card with witch you can pay????? Then you can take money from an ATM 24/24h! Of course it needs to be valid for Europe, but normal credit cards are accepted over here.

Zombi

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
Segger schrieb:
I'm going to be in europe for 37 days, how much money do you think i'll need to get by? will 2500 euros be enough?

yeah. I recommend a credit card. if not, i'm assuming you mean traveller checks...or are you seriously going to walk around with 2500 euros in your pocket? :eek:

Segger

27 Mai 2005
Edmonton Canada
www.301.betrayer.ca
haha no no i won't be carrying cash, but right now i have absolutely no money, and i'm borrowing $4000 canadian, roughly 2600 euros, for my 38 day trip. i'll have travellers cheques as well as an interac card to take money out of ATM machines. I was just wondering if (since i don't know how expensive things like hostels, food etc. cost) you think thats enough money to live on for 38 days

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
well, I think 2500 Euros should be more than enough. But it really depends on what you are planning to do and where to go.
Which countries you want to visit? Scandinavia is very expensive, Eastern Europe rather cheap. And middle Europe something in between :D
Also it depends on if you are going to buy lots of CDs and merchandise, if you plan to visit a lot of festivals and so on.
Umm... so, which countries are planned?

Segger

27 Mai 2005
Edmonton Canada
www.301.betrayer.ca
Lucretia schrieb:
well, I think 2500 Euros should be more than enough. But it really depends on what you are planning to do and where to go.
Which countries you want to visit? Scandinavia is very expensive, Eastern Europe rather cheap. And middle Europe something in between :D
Also it depends on if you are going to buy lots of CDs and merchandise, if you plan to visit a lot of festivals and so on.
Umm... so, which countries are planned?
Here is my whole plan.

July 2, leave edmonton
July 4, arrive finland (helsinki)
July 5, Black Sabbath
July 6, Iron Maiden
July 7, Iron Maiden
July 9, fly from helsinki to frankfurt
July 9-20, travel south, drink lots of beer, do tourist type things, hopefully meet some locals to show us the metal scene in whatever area we're in
July 21-23, Earthshaker Festival/Manowar Megafan convention
July 24-August 2nd, travel, tourist things etc. maybe see edguy in munich july 30th.
August 2 or 3rd, arrive Wacken
August 7th depart wacken start trip to frankfurt
August 9th fly from frankfurt back to edmonton

So I'll only be in Finland and Germany, but i plan to buy alot of t-shirts etc. at concerts because edguy/sonata arctica/nightwish/children of bodom shirts are a very rare find over here. I also plan to drink alot of beer, but from what i've heard beer costs much less in Germany than here. What would you say it costs at the average pub or bar for a beer?

DarthFreak

Segger schrieb:
Here is my whole plan.

July 2, leave edmonton
July 4, arrive finland (helsinki)
July 5, Black Sabbath
July 6, Iron Maiden
July 7, Iron Maiden
July 9, fly from helsinki to frankfurt
July 9-20, travel south, drink lots of beer, do tourist type things, hopefully meet some locals to show us the metal scene in whatever area we're in
July 21-23, Earthshaker Festival/Manowar Megafan convention
July 24-August 2nd, travel, tourist things etc. maybe see edguy in munich july 30th.
August 2 or 3rd, arrive Wacken
August 7th depart wacken start trip to frankfurt
August 9th fly from frankfurt back to edmonton

So I'll only be in Finland and Germany, but i plan to buy alot of t-shirts etc. at concerts because edguy/sonata arctica/nightwish/children of bodom shirts are a very rare find over here. I also plan to drink alot of beer, but from what i've heard beer costs much less in Germany than here. What would you say it costs at the average pub or bar for a beer?

about 3 € for a 0.5 Beer. More if you go to Munich. If you r in Frankfurt, you are only aloud "Äppler" which is a kind of cider. but much stronger (bout 12%) and hell yeah youll be shitting your guts out the next morning never whishing to be born... after that youll just love the stuff

Segger

27 Mai 2005
Edmonton Canada
www.301.betrayer.ca
DarthFreak schrieb:
about 3 € for a 0.5 Beer. More if you go to Munich. If you r in Frankfurt, you are only aloud "Äppler" which is a kind of cider. but much stronger (bout 12%) and hell yeah youll be shitting your guts out the next morning never whishing to be born... after that youll just love the stuff
by 0.5 i am assuming you mean 5%, 3 € !!!! why was i always told beer was dirt cheap in germany lol that might be even more expensive than here! i guess we'll have to buy all our beer at supermarkets and only have 1 or 2 at pubs etc. how do you mean, if we're in frankfurt we're 'only' aloud appler?

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Segger schrieb:
by 0.5 i am assuming you mean 5%, 3 € !!!! why was i always told beer was dirt cheap in germany lol that might be even more expensive than here! i guess we'll have to buy all our beer at supermarkets and only have 1 or 2 at pubs etc. how do you mean, if we're in frankfurt we're 'only' aloud appler?

By 0.5l we mean half a liter of beer. I don't know how much a liter is in gallons, but one gallon is aprox. 2.5 liters. The % varies between 4.8 and 5.4% for an average "pils' or lager (if you can call German beer "lager")

I have to say, that I think that €3 for 0.5l is a bit expensive. I pay €1 for 0.25 = €2 for 0.5l (But then again, I live in Belgium)

DarthFreak

Quark schrieb:
By 0.5l we mean half a liter of beer. I don't know how much a liter is in gallons, but one gallon is aprox. 2.5 liters. The % varies between 4.8 and 5.4% for an average "pils' or lager (if you can call German beer "lager")

I have to say, that I think that €3 for 0.5l is a bit expensive. I pay €1 for 0.25 = €2 for 0.5l (But then again, I live in Belgium)

and the belgiums drink even more beer than we germans. (shame on us, but then some of the belgium beer, nobody would call a beer in good ol' germany :D)

Yeah i meant half a liter.. approx. a pint if that helps you. just a tad more.
oh you can drink anything you like in frankfurt. the state in which frankfurt is, is called "Hessen" and every true Hessian tell you that the only Drink there is is "Äppler" its also nickedname "Gödderdrobbe" which is in the Hessian akzent and translates as much as "Drink of the Gods". Its also cheaper than beer and has more alcohol ('prox double the %) and sometimes you mix it with lemonade ( a "sweet" äppler) soda water ("sour") or coke ("Korea").

You should probably try the sweet version first, because its got a very distinctive tang to it which to anyone drinking it for the first time can be something to get used to, also to a "non hessian stomach" it will make itself noticeable the next day, just a like a good chilli... it stings when it goes in, and it burns when it goes out :D

and a normal drinking evening in "sachsenhausen" which is frankfurt's pub district would be like this: meet up frankfurt city center, buy a small barrel of beer (5 liters) drink that plus some mead, some äppler some wine, then go to the pub drink some (the damage will be round 10-15€) when the pubs closes at 2-3 a.m. go to the next pub which closes round 5 am and the slouch off to a healthy mcdonalds breakfast :)