Languages?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Brat

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
Originally posted by schneeWITCHen
How are you able to watch Kommissar Rex in Australia? :eek:

It was one of my faves a few years ago ( i have almost every episode on video ), but i stopped watching it when Moser was shot.

And i also like Austrian dialects :D :D :D

Mösensaft is written with Ö and its really pussyjuice :D but i don't think you can buy it at bars in germany :rolleyes:

We have a government-owned television station in Australia which broadcasts programs from around the world with subtitles. Sometimes there are English movies (non commercial blockbusters) but mostly they are in different languages.

I've taped just about every episode of Kommissar Rex, but I don't think we got the series before Bratner joined (I saw another character on a website). I love it! I love shows with animals :D

I'm yes-sorry. I went home last night and looked up in my German dictionary...hmm..all I know is one of the people who was talking about it says he doesn't drink alcohol. Is there anything non-alcoholic which is considered German-the only think I can think of is apple cider

Originally posted by xpet
Yes they do!!! Nearly always. There are original movies with subtitles, but not that many.
On my opinion these synchronisations are one of the reasons why the Germans (including me :rolleyes: ) dont speak as good English as the scandinavians, for example....

I've been reading my Lonely Planet guide books cover to cover in preparation for the big trip and they list all the cinemas where you can see movies in their original language. I'll try and remember to post the information for you.

Brat

26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com

But they also asked me if we had motorways in Germany... :rolleyes:
That's like people asking if kangaroos run through the streets of Sydney

Originally posted by Lord Horb
but how can you have a garden if you don't have a house? a garden without a house sounds rather strange to me!!
botanical gardens don't have residential houses-only green houses:D

Brat

26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
I totally disagree.

Like Australia, the US is a multicultural country made up of international immigrants from Spain, Poland, Italy, Ireland, The Netherlands, etc. settling as early as the days of the pilgrims to the present.

How can you say it has "no international culture"?

I'd say that remark was made by an ignorant person.

Evenfiel

4 Mai 2002
Lvsitanno: The american education system has many flaws when it comes down to studying other cultures. A american president, Reagen if im not mistaken, once said that he was happy to visit the capital of Brazil, Buenos Aires! hahahhaha! Bush is a perfect example of the "international" knowledge of a typical american.

xpet

25 Jan. 2002
Hamburg
Originally posted by Brat

I've been reading my Lonely Planet guide books cover to cover in preparation for the big trip and they list all the cinemas where you can see movies in their original language. I'll try and remember to post the information for you.

thanks Brat :)
But I think I know those cinemas here in Hamburg :)
But Lonely Planet is cool anyway - do you have that one which advises to "go to the Penny Market near Hamburg main station in order to buy sth to drink" :D :D ??

Lvsitanno

22 März 2002
Portugal
www.witchcraftproductions.web.pt
Originally posted by Lvsitanno
I guess people living in the US don't have any kind of international culture. They normally refer to Portugal as a province of Spain (which normally ends up in a fight...)!

I was referring to geographical positioning and historical events occured in regions/coutris other than America. Of course USA is built by imigrants and their descendants, but that doesn't mean that they know where Luxembourg is... i even doubt most know where the hell Israel is. Actually USA is known by their historical factual flaws! Of course that that's the general/common people, like Bush Jr. ( :o )
Anyway i have Aussies a lot more in cosideration that Northern americans ;P

Brat

26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
I think I misunderstood you. Sorry.

Yes, I agree. I've been speaking to a few people in the US who are history majors and/or studying to be history teachers.

The history education in the US comprises of American history only, apparently.

The only place they get to learn about international history is if it's part of the university/college degree.

But you'd think basic geography would cover the world. *shaking head*

The Australian education is structured by subject only from high school (or Year 7 to Year 12) and after the first 2 years of introduction, it wasn't compulsory.

I guess every country's education concentrates on the home country and it roots. I think most of the time it's up to an individual to take innitiative to learn about the world.

Brat

26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
do you have that one which advises to "go to the Penny Market near Hamburg main station in order to buy sth to drink" :D :D ??

I can't remember...what is 'sth'?

If that is the market that's open from 3 am to about lunchtime (good place to go after a night out) and sells fresh fish, I remember reading about it, but not the drink. I will have to check.

Lvsitanno

22 März 2002
Portugal
www.witchcraftproductions.web.pt
I just remebered i saw an Aussie movie yesterday, about five guys going from "wherever" they came to Melbourne to trade their car for shellfish... someday i'll cross Australia in a car (maybe half of it anyway...). I need a koala! AAHHHH :-|

P.s. "STH" = something (in IRC)

Brat

26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
you need a koala? they have very sharp claws!

maybe a kangaroo would be easier at the moment, considering soem huge amount are being slaughtered at the moment because they're on Defence property.

The government are calling it a cull, but the activists (and the footages I've seen on tv) say they aren't starving and sick.

Times like this I wish I had a big farm. I'd adopt them all! :D

Iscariot

9 Jan. 2002
Apeldoorn- Netherlands
surf.to
Originally posted by Lvsitanno
I guess people living in the US don't have any kind of international culture. They normally refer to Portugal as a province of Spain (which normally ends up in a fight...)!

In some investigation under Young people in the US, many think that the Netherlands is a province in Germany(??????), we speak German(????????????) and everybody is smoking cannabis on the corner of the street :D (I am a little bit overreacting with this one :))

Green Hell

26 Nov. 2001
Wolfsburg
Website besuchen
Well, that´s a real funny discussion. I think the most european people could talk english , at least a little bit...........like me . After school ends, i have to learn by myself. It´s not very good but i hope it´s enough to communicate.

@iscariot : hah, that´s pretty funny. The netherlands are a province of germany. If the motherfucker who started the war in 1939 had won the fucking war...............
Luckily he does not .

PEACE !!