Languages?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Zombi

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
Originally posted by Wackianne

I guess, you agree with me that we should rather drink milk than
*alcohol*?!?

Pure alcohol is a bit harsh, i suppose. But milk is a bit too weak. Maybe something in the middle. Vodka or beer or something along those lines.

well, if you're not up for physics, we'll just do whatever else comes to mind in the small area of your tent, just you and me...

schneeWITCHen

W:O:A Metalhead
24 Nov. 2001
East of the Rhine
Originally posted by Sodomy&Lust
With the exception of the spaniards (including me, my spoken English is really awful), most of europeans speak English quite well. Communication in Wacken shouldn't be a problem (and we have some wise advices by Zombi :) )

i like spanish and other southern accents :D

Lvsitanno

22 März 2002
Portugal
www.witchcraftproductions.web.pt
I travel a lot and i came to some conclusions: spanish and french people are not so very good with languages (at least the people i talked with on commercial establishments), people ask if i'm from russia when i talk Portuguese (especially in Germany and Netherlands), but people connected to metal normally speak english well (or very well indeed). I speak english since i remember (studied it for 8 years) and i forgot all about german (3 yrs with lousy teacher an no motivation, though i still remember the accent). I'll be learning polish/Czech next year:)

Wackianne

29 Nov. 2001
Nijmegen
beam.to
Ok, no milk :D! Actually vodka should be a lot better anyway, hehe... The strongest stuff i can offer is 95 but i haven´t tried yet. Master of hades virtually tried but... *?*

I should have known you 2 years ago!

Zombi

10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
Why, what happened 2 years ago?

umm....isn't 95 already nearly pure alcohol? can't imagine that being too nice.
unless you're going by the crappy american sysyem.

Smeagol

19 Dez. 2001
Website besuchen
Talking...

Originally posted by Lvsitanno
I travel a lot and i came to some conclusions: spanish and french people are not so very good with languages (at least the people i talked with on commercial establishments)

That's true, French don't seem to be very interested in languages if they are not more or less constraint. Especially with english, english frequencies sound quite weird for us and I think we have an awful accent. But as you said :

"but people connected to metal normally speak english well (or very well indeed). "

Wackianne

29 Nov. 2001
Nijmegen
beam.to
yes... 95% is probably really violent, that´s why i haven´t tried it yet... still need my throat and stomach for wacken!

2 years ago i spent millennium night in edinburgh drinking with my relatives who all wore those party hats and danced on the street (they even had millenium-loo paper...)! Tzzz...
Maybe you can now i imagine why i´d have liked to know you at that time...

Wackianne

29 Nov. 2001
Nijmegen
beam.to
...why?

Well, wasn´t good for me, too, looking at all the others having fun and on the next day everybody laughing at me and my bad hangover (could hardly eat my cornflakes because my hand trembled so much). Next time (in summer) I´ll go to Scotland with a friend so i won´t be alone with the family at least.

Zombi

10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
well..alcohol wasn't working. life sucked. my gf was gone. aaagh......did I mention the alcohol wan't working? that was the really the worst part. no salvation.

anyway. when are you coming to scotland? I'm here a long time, maybe we could meet.

Wackianne

29 Nov. 2001
Nijmegen
beam.to
Ah, at that time i had just got a bf but it sucked as well...
How old were you back then?

I´m arriving at, eh, Glasgow (Prestwick) on July 1st and will be picked up by my aunt who lives in Stirling. Then... still don´t know... depends on who wants to see me...
Of course we could meet; perhaps i´ll be also coming near Edinburgh for some days... Let´s see...

Zombi

10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
hmm...i think i'm actually in Switzerland at that time....for most of the summer really

sorry to disappoint, I knew you were hoping to study some physics with me

Wackianne

29 Nov. 2001
Nijmegen
beam.to
However, in Wacken there will be time for those things ;)
Have fun in Switzerland then!
Will go to bed now... so nightnight (do you say that for good night? - my father used to)!!!

Brat

26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
Originally posted by xpet

So enjoy your Russian knowledge and if you want, we teach you some more important German phrases :D

Thanks, I'll take you up on that. W:O:A is my first German stop, so after it, I'll be able to survive in Germany :D

So far, most of my learning has been Austrian dialect from watching every Komissar Rex episode LOL! I love that show!

Plus my father helps me with pronounciation when I try and read the tourist books.

Q?
What is mosensaft?

All I've been told is it's pussy juice *charming* and you can buy it in any bar in Germany.

My translation program hasn't helped me :(

Zuletzt bearbeitet: