Languages?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

TC 2000

13 Mai 2002
Netherlands
Website besuchen
I just wondered how we are to understand eachother, since we're all from different parts of the WORLD. Personally, my German is kind of primitive and I think not many english people will understand the german language at all.
My question is, will there be a universal language spoken? And do I really have to start speaking german to actually purchase... stuff? I mean, I'm going to go on a 3day bender when I'm there and after enough beer I won't be able to speak at all, let alone speak german....

Zombi

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
To buy beer:
point at beer

to buy sausage:
point at sausage

to chat up girl:
point at girl, then point at tent

I think that sums most of the 'universal language' up.

Brat

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
Originally posted by Zombi
To buy beer:
point at beer

to buy sausage:
point at sausage

to chat up girl:
point at girl, then point at tent

I think that sums most of the 'universal language' up.

when in doubt, grunt, club the person over the head and take what you want! :D hahahaha

Those instruction sound really funny!

Be polite! At least learn some basic words

guten tag (hello)
guten morgen (good morning)
danke (thanks)
bitte (you're welcome and please if I'm remember correctly)
plus at least some basic counting
I can only remember up to 7, but I doubt I'll be buying 7 of anything! hahaha

Hey people, correct me! The last time I studied German was over 20 years ago and only for 6 weeks!

Evenfiel

4 Mai 2002
Tc 2000: Just say "Bier Bier" and use your fingers to show the barman how many beers you want. This "technic" is flawless.

szandekh

16 Apr. 2002
Dacula, GA, USA
www.geocities.com
TC 2000: don't worry, as everyone says many germans speak english. i went to germany twice in the past year, and even though i speak okay german, many of the people, especially young people, speak pretty good english. i havent ever had any problems, and my mother, who went with me the last time, had no problems speaking only english. if you run into any people who don't speak any english, a few basic words and a couple gestures and hand movements seems to work the best.

good luck.. and see you there

Sodomy&Lust

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
With the exception of the spaniards (including me, my spoken English is really awful), most of europeans speak English quite well. Communication in Wacken shouldn't be a problem (and we have some wise advices by Zombi :) )

xpet

25 Jan. 2002
Hamburg
well, last year even German people appealed to me in English at the fest... guess that says it all! :)

TC 2000

13 Mai 2002
Netherlands
Website besuchen
Thanks dudes

that took away a lot of doubt :) my english is (near)perfect (while sober). but then, my second choice would be Zombi's method... especially his way of chatting up chicks.
*grunt* "excuse me?" *BASH* "...."
I should bring a club as well \m/