IMPORTANT-Credit cards problems/Metaltix?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Sam Przyborowski

W:O:A Metalhead
2 Apr. 2005
Coventry
Apparently someone tried to use my credit card with Apple Online today but it was only for £1..

Still had to cancel me card though but looks like I've got off fairly lightly. Shows that you have to be careful out there.

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
Wacken really needs to announce that as well. For everyone else like myself who aren't on the mailing list.

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
Right ;)

I have since 3 days a new debit card and the old one is disabled ;)

The bank was fast and called me, that the number is in the wild....

Same. Glad yours is being taken care of... hopefully everyone else isn't having too much of a problem either.

Just called the bank telling them about this [since when I mailed the claim back to them originally, I didn't know about all this yet].

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
Ohh :D

After the post here, i also made a feedback to the bank.
So they can tell the card provider.

Yea... I sent in a form a few days ago where they had a spot to write down any potential suspects. Only saw this thread the day after I sent it in or so. The one time I should have procrastinated, I didn't... figures. :D

Also after doing a search online, a few other sites like Download are discussing the issue as well. There's been reports of over 2K GBP stolen and someone else at $850 every 20mins. Seems I got off easy. :eek::eek:

FromTheToedden

W:O:A Metalmaster
15 Mai 2007
Wald von Dunwyn
Yea... I sent in a form a few days ago where they had a spot to write down any potential suspects. Only saw this thread the day after I sent it in or so. The one time I should have procrastinated, I didn't... figures. :D

Also after doing a search online, a few other sites like Download are discussing the issue as well. There's been reports of over 2K GBP stolen and someone else at $850 every 20mins. Seems I got off easy. :eek::eek:

Me too.... :eek:

Sam Przyborowski

W:O:A Metalhead
2 Apr. 2005
Coventry
I only noticed mine as my credit card declined whilst trying to order someting online, Called up my credit card company and they'd put a stop on my card due to suspicious transactions.

New one in about 7 days. Will just have to hold off and what I was going to buy until then. This has made me somewhat cautious of using my card as well. I only really have one for online transactions else I'll pay cash.

Deathbringer

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 März 2009
Massachusetts
I bought my ticket back in 08 for 09 but i called the bank and nothing was charged but thats probably cause i didnt buy a ticket for this year. i just closed my CC anyway.. now i have to go and get a new one.. what BS though!

Shame on Metaltix for letting this shit happen. With this amount of accounts being frauded, It goes beyond just a "hack".

I will not buy a anything from you again! Unsecure assholes!

Most of the people this happened to didn't buy a ticket this year. One of my two cards that were frauded was used back in 2008.