IMPORTANT-Credit cards problems/Metaltix?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Deathbringer

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 März 2009
Massachusetts
Apparently someone tried to use my credit card with Apple Online today but it was only for £1..

Still had to cancel me card though but looks like I've got off fairly lightly. Shows that you have to be careful out there.

That's what happened to me, then they tried to buy a macbook for like $3000 and it failed because they did it on my card that had like, the best security ever.

rice

W:O:A Metalhead
11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
I just went and cancelled my CC today. no charge was shown as of yet (but just to be safe, i closed it). heres the thing, if these jerkoffs werent so greedy and only charged people like 10-15 euros each theyd probably get away with it cause not many people would even notice but no they have to go for like 200-700 euros!!

think about it, 15 dollars/euros multiplied by 150,000 wacken goers thats some serious money.. they would have probably walked away easier that way and still kept making money for the next few months.

I still say its a major fuck up neglect through the security on behalf of Metaltix.

Makes me scared to buy anything anymore online via debit/cc.

Deathbringer

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 März 2009
Massachusetts
I just went and cancelled my CC today. no charge was shown as of yet (but just to be safe, i closed it). heres the thing, if these jerkoffs werent so greedy and only charged people like 10-15 euros each theyd probably get away with it cause not many people would even notice but no they have to go for like 200-700 euros!!

think about it, 15 dollars/euros multiplied by 150,000 wacken goers thats some serious money.. they would have probably walked away easier that way and still kept making money for the next few months.

I still say its a major fuck up neglect through the security on behalf of Metaltix.

Makes me scared to buy anything anymore online via debit/cc.

I wouldn't be afraid to buy anything via debit/cc. Security for such things today are so great that if anything happens you can get it straightened out in no time without any damage.

And, I would've noticed a charge of $15 personally. My credit card alerts me if I make a $1 charge after not making any for awhile.

rice

W:O:A Metalhead
11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
I wouldn't be afraid to buy anything via debit/cc. Security for such things today are so great that if anything happens you can get it straightened out in no time without any damage.

And, I would've noticed a charge of $15 personally. My credit card alerts me if I make a $1 charge after not making any for awhile.

with all the money this company makes (metaltix).. for them to not have the security watching out ,, something is wrong,.
i understand what youre saying but what if i were abroad right now with no money in my bank account cause it was wiped out im left screwed stranded somewhere.. just a big headache and BS

did you get hit too Leo?