Guys from abroad, I need your help!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Kroppus

W:O:A Metalhead
2 März 2002
Oslo / NOrWAY
Seems that this festival it won't be just our ears that will have a good time. :)
*tries to remember a festival with both lots of food and drink + good music*
Ehem......Wohoho, this will be first one.
:)

Kroppus

2 März 2002
Oslo / NOrWAY
"Fiskepudding.....
Uten remulade...
Jeg ligger paa en stein..

Fiskepudding...
du er min fiskepudding...
naa med sjokolade..."

I think that's how the song by an old norwegian punkband called "De Press" went.

I just hope we the time to see some bands too..
*goes on a diet. prepearing for WOA*

Brat

26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
Originally posted by xpet
Hey, can I come and join your Barbeque? Or do you want to eat kangaroos? :D :D :D

Sure, xpet! We just need a bbq to cook it on! LOL

Are you allowed to have camp fires there? Is there plenty of fire wood?

Actually most white Australians haven't even tasted kangaroo-I haven't. It's still very much a 'boutique'/gourmet meat you have at a restaurant for something different.

We love our beef and sausages for BBQs! And I hear there are some very nice sausages in Germany! Although I doubt we will find Australian style sausages there. I've been told Australian sausages are unique.

And gourmet lovers put prawns, lamb and just about anything else on the bbq!

Kroppus

2 März 2002
Oslo / NOrWAY
ARRRGHHHH!!!!
*is really hungry right now*
It's to long time 'till WOA....
*sighs*

Seems that we'll have to arrange a meetingplace on tuesday then.. :))
Does anyone know if they sell bamboo-poles somewhere close to the festival?
*can't imagine bringing 3 or 4 3 meter bamboo poles is popular on the bus in Germany. I know it's not that in Denmark and Norway. :)

xpet

25 Jan. 2002
Hamburg
@ Kroppus
Hmmm... bamboo poles... I´m sure that you can buy some here in Hamburg, but its not that close to the festival. But many small cities in Germany have shops where you can buy farmer´s stuff, maybe something like that is in Wacken, too. Dont know at all. Do you need the poles for your flag?? I guess its possible to bring them on the bus, even if its not popular ;)

@ brat
It is allowed to have a small barbeque at the camping site (not a big fire!). But I guess you will find no fire wood at all at the festival. You should bring your own coals, then its no problem. Maybe you also can buy coals at the festival "supermarket".
Actually I didnt want to eat some Kangaroo ;) They have it in Australian restaurants here, too, but I think its nonsense to eat Kangaroo meat here in Germany.
But I thought the Germans are the sausage nation??? I never saw Australian style sausages here. What are they like?
Actually I dont eat very much meat at all. Sometimes some sausages made out of turkey or a piece of chicken. But it can happen - mostly when I´m really drunken ;) - that I eat a "normal" sausage, too. But that all will be no problem, vegetables and fish are also tasty on a bbq! :)

Kroppus

2 März 2002
Oslo / NOrWAY
Thordis: we've got the poles fixed. We're borrowing a car, so that takes care of that. At least we hope so. :) Yepps it's for our flag(s). Don't know how many we'll have yet. :)

We want to find our way back to the camp. :)

Brat

26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
hmmm sounds like we'll have to start a flag stealing war game :D hahahah..sorry, I'm the naughty scout coming
out in me again hahahah

xpet-I suppose they're like the traditional English sausage-you can't eat them without cooking (unlike frankfurts & kranski). They are usually less salty than kranski. The standard sausages are made of pork and contain a lots of cereal and additives-actually is sort of scary now-I eat them, but don't really know what's inside. When they are raw, they are very soft-almost like pate.

You can get beef sausages too, but they're not 'standard' and there are now gourmet sausages like beef & red wine, beef & garlic, beef & chilli.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Thordis V.

W:O:A Metalgod
25 Nov. 2001
Linz und Bern
www.myspace.com
I'd like to make myself a flag for our camp which glows in the night. Since I don't see much in the night (it's a kind of blindness) it would be very helpful. Or I use a little torch like the year before.

Kroppus

2 März 2002
Oslo / NOrWAY
Brat: Flag-stealing war-game? It's not a new hobby for me. :) Usually at othe festivals we've been stealing and burning all the swedish flags we've found. *never claimed to be a good person* Still i think we should leav our flags in peace, so that we'll have a chance to get back to our camps without andering around like a flock of drunken sheep. :)