Zombi VS konstrukt thread

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

konstrukt

W:O:A Metalhead
13 Dez. 2002
USA
Originally posted by Zombi
Violence is stupid.
Violence is stupid. To me, boxing isn't violence. Violence is going out at night looking for fights. Violence is inbvading a country that can't possibly stand up to you. Violence is hitting your boy/girlfriend. Violence is Rape.

Boxing is a sport. Its all about outsmarting your opponent and playing a game with him. Its no different than football or basketball. To me, boxing is one of the most pure sports, because there is never any luck involved. Its really a beautiful sport, and its one of the smartest sports around. Sure it has to do with hitting someone, but unless you're Tyson, you respect the sport, its traditions and don't treat it as a way to go kill someone. Its about outsmarting, outthinking and outboxing your opponent.

Its not about violence.

konstrukt

13 Dez. 2002
USA
Originally posted by Zombi
well...fuck...excuse my ignorance about boxing then.

I don't mean it as a bad thing. Its just that so many people hear that I box and look at my nose (yes, its been broken) and they've already made their decision about me and about boxing and the violence. Sure you get hurt boxing, but you get hurt more playing football, or even cricket than in boxing. I'm just asking that you look at boxing, not as 2 guys getting in the ring to hurt each other, but as a kind of dance and game. Why is it OK for fighting to happen in Hockey (and hockey players fight ONLY to hurt each other) but in boxing, where the point is to outbox the other guy and play the game, then suddenly its not OK?

Try watching a boxing match with a view that the punches are like scoring points rather than about hurting the other guy.

Oh, and this stupid boxer is most likely going to start school again for a PhD in history this autumn :D :D :D :D I will know at the end of the month if I am accepted.

konstrukt

13 Dez. 2002
USA
Originally posted by Carpathian_Wolf
How good are you at boxing ? being doing it long ? :confused:

I've been doing it for about 2 years now. I'm OK. Not good enough to be a pro or anything like that, but I have had 2 fights. Lost both of them :(

Although I think i should have won the 1st one... :D

I should have another fight as soon as i lose these pesky 5kg :mad:

And Zombi... not sure if you're being sarcastic or not... :p

mugabe

7 Aug. 2002
Avesta, Sweden
www.kurtz.se
Fisticuffmanship! Pugilism! The Noble art of Self-Defense! Let the pummeling begin! Let's get ready to ruuuuuuumble! I heard he patented that line, btw. Better pay, then.

konstrukt

13 Dez. 2002
USA
Never been a fan of kickboxing or ultimate fighting or any of those things.

They just seem to wild. Too easy to get seriously hurt doing those things. I know some people who do that and I have respect for them, but its never been my style.

www.nakedcowboy.com This guy is too funny!