Zombi is a cunt

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Huldran

W:O:A Metalhead
29 Jan. 2006
Under the sign of the Octagon
Alrek schrieb:
no, they call them 'kaaars', with the 'a' pronounced as the Norwegian 'Æ'. wonder why no one speaks proper English here anymore...
Still, this is a rather odd name for a body part.... :rolleyes: :p :D

@Zombi - I read only "Crash" (translated into Russian) - never bought the original, perhaps I should :)
Speaking of this sort of literature - ever heard of James Havoc?

mugabe

7 Aug. 2002
Avesta, Sweden
www.kurtz.se
Zombi schrieb:
oh wow. are you a fan of ballard? i've read crash and the atrocity exhibition so far... absolutely stunning stuff..
I liked Crash immensely. Also enjoyed Cocaine Nights and Super Cannes. However, his Rushing to Paradise is one of the worst novels I've read. Appalling.

This Havoc character sounds interesting, Huldran. Nice tip, I'll be sure to check him out. Read a lot translated into Russian?

Huldran

29 Jan. 2006
Under the sign of the Octagon
mugabe schrieb:
I liked Crash immensely. Also enjoyed Cocaine Nights and Super Cannes. However, his Rushing to Paradise is one of the worst novels I've read. Appalling.

This Havoc character sounds interesting, Huldran. Nice tip, I'll be sure to check him out. Read a lot translated into Russian?
Actually, by "that sort of literature" I meant "not for the wide masses", so to speak; in fact, Ballard and Havoc cannot quite be compared - but there´s one thing in common: while reading, you think to yourself "Holy crap, what is this? What on earth did this guy smoke??" - and still you´re taken and fascinated by what you´re reading, and cannot stop, though at times it disturbs the fuck outta you :)

Speaking of Havoc - I read "Butchershop in the sky".... the Russian translation was not as fascinating as the original in this case (although, being a translator myself, I quite understand WHY much was lost in the translation - that must have been one hell of a job to get through a cacophony of words like that!!!). A totally bizarre work of art. :)

Oh, and before I forget it: HERE is yet another great book, if you love "that sort of literature" ;) ...shocking, and I mean SHOCKING!
I loved it.