X-mas tickets 2012

Dieses Thema im Forum "Talk" wurde erstellt von CaptainMetal, 08. August 2011.

1. Sipyloidea

Sipyloidea W:O:A Metalgod

You know what I mean :p

2. spartacus

spartacus W:O:A Metalhead

we had neighbors from australia... but omfg its just fucking expensive guys.very trve to come here anyway!"

3. Quark

Quark Der Beste

Yep.
    There's a difference after 13 times (in 14yrs) and a first time.
    So... read the critics, but don't take it too much into consideration, you'll make your own opinion about it.
    There's a big difference between a vidio from Youtube and feeling it yourself. You cannot compare those.
    I know some who did that actually. No vacation, just flying to EU just for Wacken. A mate from MD did the same last year. Flew to Brussels, we took the car to Wacken, and after we returned, he flew back again the next day.

4. xforeverxmetalx

xforeverxmetalx W:O:A Metalgod

Which isn't a good idea, in my opinion. :o

If you're going to spend so much just to fly over, I say you should make the most of it. See more of Europe, go to other festivals, and so on.

5. CaptainMetal

CaptainMetal Newbie

Well I am not 100% on this yet but we will probably fly into London or Dublin 2 or 3 weeks before the show and make our way over to it. So I am not coming just for WOA, but that will be the highlight of my journey.

6. Jelle1880

Jelle1880 Newbie

Not that odd, I've seen Australians and Japanese at Wacken.

7. Empror1

Empror1 W:O:A Metalmaster

2-3 weeks before the festival sounds great CaptainMetal, get the chance to see a bit of Dublin/London first and fly to Germany a few days later. Also, going to the camping site early can be rather comfortable. Like going Monday when the first bands play Thursday (Mambo Kurt Wednesday) is great to set up your camp and relax a bit before the whole thing starts.

Zuletzt bearbeitet: 10. August 2011
  8. Quark

Quark Der Beste

Well, you're young, we're "old", and have jobs. And Chris' boss didn't want to be without him much longer. That's something you need to consider as well.

But you're right, if you have the chance to visit and see more, I don't see why not!

9. Canuck

Canuck W:O:A Metalhead

Yeah from Australia probably, haha. But I was actually surprised by how many Canadians are paying ridiculous plane ticket prices. I count myself lucky that I am fucking awesome at finding cheap flights. Many Canadians I met paid over 1000 CAD (some even up to 2000 per person) for their flights...I paid like 850 CAD (which is what? 750 Euros or something?) including tax lol I think as long as you start looking for good cheap flights early and do your research as far as finding cheap tickets you could probably get a decently cheap flight from just about anywhere.

Anyways, here´s to another awesome Wacken. I had an amazing time again this year, got to see all the bands I wanted except for Tsjuder because I lost track of the time. More impressed than I expected by Hail of Bullets, who are awesome on CD but fucking epic on stage...and Mayhem...fuck. A more infernal, Jesus-surpise-buttseckzing stage performance does not currently exist...

The only thing I noticed is more random teenagers in swim shorts and Justin Bieber haircuts who, from the way they talk, don´t seem to care about the bands too much. Ah well, this was my 5th year at Wacken since 2006 and as long as I have my fellow brothers in epic lulz and metalz (HHHEEELLLGGAAA!!!) I am full game for Wacken.

Diese Seite empfehlen