Will we see a return of "Opeth" to Wacken 2003 ?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Shiny

W:O:A Metalhead
29 Juni 2002
Ireland
Website besuchen
Well will it happen?

With a set destroyed by Hamerfall back in summer ' 01, Opeth must return to Wacken and be greeted with the recognition which they most truely deserve.

There shouldn't be any more "Party Stage" insults but instead, a transformation to the "Black Metal Stage".

With Deliverance (Damnation soon) added to their Grand Total, such an apperance could be one of the defining moments of WOA '03.

I have my fingers crossed.
I hope many of you do too.

29 März 2002
Ireland
Website besuchen
I'm with Shiny, we need Opeth for 2003!!!

Apparently, in 2001, Opeth were playing on the party stage at the same time as Hammerfall, and the mellow parts from Opeth' songs were ruined by hammerfall's incessant wailing. Ugh!

Opeth should headline :D

^witchfinder^

well i know you all are gonna kick my ass LOL but i think Opeth are not that good live
ok ok before you start with the ass kicking :) i think Opeth are excellent (on cd) the album Blackwater Park is amazing
i wouldnt mind seeing them at Wacken again ...but i wont be getting to excited
they played in Leeds early this year with Arch Enemy which i thought was a bad choice of support band cos they blew Opeth away
like Carpathian_Wolf said they play next year in Bradford at a small rock club ... i would prefer to see them there rather than at Wacken

also another band that should play again this year is HAGGARD after having there set ruined by the noise of Onkel Tom and then having the plug pulled on them

Shiny

29 Juni 2002
Ireland
Website besuchen
Haggard !

"HAGGARD after having there set ruined by the noise of Onkel Tom and then having the plug pulled on them"

I have to agree with witchfinder on this one.
Their set was a disaster from start to finish.
Everything that could have gone wrong with thier set,
DID GO WRONG.

Like in the Opeth set in ' 01 , the mellow parts of the songs
(that they actually got a chance to play), were destroyed by
Onkel Tom's incessive noise making.
To add to this the Wacken Sound people wouldnt turn off a
faulty amp which gave terrible feedback throughout the set.
In the final 10 minutes, Onkel Tom ended and things started
to get going!!...........but ...............in mid song the Wacken ppl
pulled the plug!!! One of the fuckers even had the cheek to
go onto the stage with his arms in the air to finish the set.

Everyone was left with this final image of Wacken.

PS Haggard deserve yet another chance. :)

Evenfiel

4 Mai 2002
I'm sure that they'll play in Wacken...

Opeth is soon going to do a world-tour. I hope that the Gods of Metal help us and bring Opeth to Brazil...