WHOS COMING FROM AUS??

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
29 Jan. 2009
Melbourne / Australia
I am an Aussie going to Wacken 09

Hey, i live in Melbourne Australia and i am coming to Wacken 09!! I have been trying to find other Aussies going as i only know 1 other person going to Wacken. And i have to meet her in Germany so i am travelling up to Europe on my own.

Any advice for soemone who is coming up for the first time??

DaveAus

W:O:A Metalhead
3 März 2008
Melbourne, Australia
Hey, i live in Melbourne Australia and i am coming to Wacken 09!! I have been trying to find other Aussies going as i only know 1 other person going to Wacken. And i have to meet her in Germany so i am travelling up to Europe on my own.

hi, i did the euro festival trip from melbourne for the first time last year, hopefully will be back this year. I didn't find it too difficult, especially around Hamburg and Wacken. There's so many travelling metalheads it's easy to find people who are looking for the same things you are, just look for the metal shirts.

If you're staying in Hamburg before or after the fest book ASAP as the easiest/cheapest book out months ahead. Staying near the Reeperbahn is best. Lots of bars and pre-Wacken parties. It's only a few train stops from Hamburg central station and Altona which is the main regional station and most trains to Itzahoe for Wacken.

Travelling by train is really easy in Europe. Every main train station and airport have well organised tourist info offices that are pretty good at giving you public transport directions to your accomodation, etc. They all had someone who at least spoke basic english.

Expedia website was very useful for accomodation.
www.bahn.de was great for train info in Germany.
The first thread in this forum is very valuable as well

I too am going from Melbourne. It seems a lot of Melbourne metalheads go to this thing which is cool as. The one thing I found when I went last year is that everyone I spoke to was really cool and nice. I was offered food from people i had never met before just cos my camp was close to theirs. The hospitality of others is awesome. You will have the time of your life. And if you are in Hamburg before the festival, all the metalheads usually hang out at a place called the HEadbangers Ballroom where we all mingle and meet like minded cool people on the trek to Wacken.

There's good times ahead for you.
Damo