Wacken Newbie here...

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

MagnusBruce

19 Aug. 2009
The North, UK
And another thing, can someone suggest somewhere where I can improve my German?
I know a few basic phrases, but I never really learnt how to speak it, and I think lost my 'kickstart German' tape :(

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
And another thing, can someone suggest somewhere where I can improve my German?
I know a few basic phrases, but I never really learnt how to speak it, and I think lost my 'kickstart German' tape :(

this forum :D if you're in school you can see if there are classes available, otherwise you can find some interesting stuff if you just google "learn German" or something.
but seriously, almost all the German I know I learned from practicing with people on this forum, sometimes on the German forum... I suck at speaking it though but I knew enough to get around.
and really you don't need German at Wacken anyway.

MagnusBruce

19 Aug. 2009
The North, UK
this forum :D if you're in school you can see if there are classes available, otherwise you can find some interesting stuff if you just google "learn German" or something.
but seriously, almost all the German I know I learned from practicing with people on this forum, sometimes on the German forum... I suck at speaking it though but I knew enough to get around.
and really you don't need German at Wacken anyway.

My school stopped doing German a couple of years ago, in favour of Spanish. :confused:
I'm planning to meet a friend who is German and came here to England a few months ago, he should be able to help me for the most part, but I'd still like to learn!
I think I will try some internet searches though.

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
My school stopped doing German a couple of years ago, in favour of Spanish. :confused:
I'm planning to meet a friend who is German and came here to England a few months ago, he should be able to help me for the most part, but I'd still like to learn!
I think I will try some internet searches though.

german.about.com is a nice site I've found, also dict.leo.org is probably the best dictionary
beware of Google translate

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Would about 75 Euros be enough to cover everything?

Of course depends a LOT on how much stuff you buy.

Had 200 with me the first year, was not enough, got 200 more after 4 hours in line for the town ATM.
I did buy a pair of leather pants for 100, so take that in consideration ;)

T-shirts I guess between 15 and 20 euro usually.

If you plan on spending anything at all part from food and drinks, I'd be sure to bring more than 75.
I didn't plan on spending 400 my first WOA, but ended up doing it since I got caught in the "OMG-this-shit-is-fucking-awesome-I'm-in-heaven" mood...

Had loads of fun though.

If I was going again, I'd say:
10 euro per day for food
30 euro a day for drinks
100 euro for stuff

MagnusBruce

19 Aug. 2009
The North, UK
Of course depends a LOT on how much stuff you buy.

Had 200 with me the first year, was not enough, got 200 more after 4 hours in line for the town ATM.
I did buy a pair of leather pants for 100, so take that in consideration ;)

T-shirts I guess between 15 and 20 euro usually.

If you plan on spending anything at all part from food and drinks, I'd be sure to bring more than 75.
I didn't plan on spending 400 my first WOA, but ended up doing it since I got caught in the "OMG-this-shit-is-fucking-awesome-I'm-in-heaven" mood...

Had loads of fun though.

If I was going again, I'd say:
10 euro per day for food
30 euro a day for drinks
100 euro for stuff

Sounds like a plan :)

moonwort

23 Juni 2008
Cumbria. uk
Buy your beer from edeka, it was about 50 cents for lager there and it was ok. you can also buy beer from stalls going into the village, they are about 1 euro and cold. take a cool bag if you can and buy ice from the wacken supermarket on your way back to camp. cold beer is much better. I would take at least 200 euro, if its your first time you will want to buy loads of stuff. and if you don't spend it all you can save it for the next trip.