Wacken compared to other festivals

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

monochrom

W:O:A Metalmaster
15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
Originally posted by Warthog
Maybe the organizers aren't quite adjusted to the fact that Wacken has become so international?

I'd love to see some other European metal festivals, but as far as I can tell, Wacken is the crown jewel of them all.

Certainly the US has nothing to even compare. :D

Maybe we'll get a three-day Dynamo-Open-Air next year again - now THAT ONE was the cult festival, fucking amazing...

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
I have the opportunity to go to Sweden Rock Festival, Blind Guardian Open Air and Bang Your Head next year, as well as Wacken.
WOA is the number one priority, then SRF, lets see if I can get more money and go to all four.

After I'll give my views on how they are compared to each other.

9 Dez. 2002
Eindhoven
Website besuchen
The festivals i have been:

dynamo: been there since 1997. That year was best of the years i have been there. It was good, kinda like wacken, but a different, more violent atmosphere (no violence against eachother, but a lot of stuff was destroyed, and i really mean A LOT)

Graspop: smaller than wacken, always good bands, good atmasphere, less comfort in campsite. good, but not nearly as good as wacken.

Waldrock: been there only last year. very small, very short, (there was a camping though) not a very good atmoshere imo. I didn't really like this festival.

Ozzfest 2002: pretty average festival, the good weather and the group i went with made it fun. I think it isn't really a good fest, lotta small kids and stuff.

Bospop 2002: was together with dynamo, while very small, the camping was one of the nicest i have ever been. very good and mature admosphere. I really liked this combination.

Pinkpop 2002: not a metal festival, but wanted to visit as many fests as i could. This was a very big mistake.

Wacken: nothing comes even close to wacken. closest is the old dynamo. 97 was close as far as i can remember, the older dynamo's should have been better, and thus may have been as good as wacken.

The things that make wacken stand out:
-car next to my tent (without bullshit about glass and a max beer)
-camping open days before the start
-metal only, no skate bullshit.
-great atmosphere

Carpathian_Wolf

21 Juli 2002
Leeds UK
www.power-metal.co.uk
Well i must admit there was a lot of klassic rockers there...and me and somw friends created our own party hehee..like destroying a used stereo and finding beer in the field and just other mad shit it was quite a laugh! :D