UPDATE: Running Order 2008

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Canuck

W:O:A Metalhead
4 Nov. 2007
Toronto, Canada
gorgoroth and crematory and ex grind fuckers at once?

What's wrong with that? Personally I can't see too many people who like Gorgoroth wanting to see Crematory...

Anyways, I think you guys actually did a good job with the running order this year and shouldn't change it around too much. Saturday is gonna be awesome, I think with Watain, Exodus, Obituary, Torture Squad, Nifelheim, Warbringer and Kreator with Gorgoroth the night before. Holy Moses should be good too. Overall I predict a damn good Saturday:cool:

DaveAus

3 März 2008
Melbourne, Australia
I really like the running order now. Most of the clashes that worried me have been fixed. Saturday alone is worth the 20 hour flight over. Going to have to run to see Carcass, ATG, Warbringer, 3IOB and Kreator but that will be a fantastic end to the festival. Just wish Hatebreed didnt clash with Obituary but im much more of an Obituary fan. And to see Maiden outdoors with such a large crowd will be amazing.

MTL

3 Juni 2003
Wijlre (NL)
www.cu2.nl
A pity they're changing things around... Sabaton now together with Soilwork, I liked it better how it was...

Edit: No more Mercenary - Watain clash! The Sabaton move directly forgiven! :-D

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
I am sorry. I dont understand.

Is the billing closed? :(

I mean, the worst case is that you will see the last song of Girugamesh and then you have to run to Nightwish and you might miss the first five minutes of it. But that's it.

The billing is probably just about closed, except of the metal battle bands that will be announced later on.

But the Running Order is to be changed over and over again.

DSP

17 Apr. 2008
The billing is probably just about closed, except of the metal battle bands that will be announced later on.

But the Running Order is to be changed over and over again.

Ok thank you, I'll guess that IRON MAIDEN,NIGHTWISH LORDI OPETH SONATA and so much would have to satesfy me XD

rscruickshank

19 März 2008
Edinburgh
What's wrong with that? Personally I can't see too many people who like Gorgoroth wanting to see Crematory...

I want to see both of them.

I happen to like a lot of different kinds of music. But I guess I'm in a minority.

I mean with the Gorgoroth/Crematory thing. Still, if you're having to complain that you can't choose which band to go and see it's better than not having enough that you want to go see.

RoyKhan

20 Apr. 2008
It seems than 3 inches of blood has been changed to open black stage on saturday, that's a good new. I have a last proposal, a change between Kamelot and Killswich Engage. Kamelot is a much more respected band by the audience of a festival like Wacken, and I think they deserve to be there, I have nothing against KE but I'm sure a lot of people think like me.

splatterhouse

15 Apr. 2008
Motala, Sweden
It seems than 3 inches of blood has been changed to open black stage on saturday, that's a good new. I have a last proposal, a change between Kamelot and Killswich Engage. Kamelot is a much more respected band by the audience of a festival like Wacken, and I think they deserve to be there, I have nothing against KE but I'm sure a lot of people think like me.

Im not into Kamelto at all but I agree. I respect them more than KE and Kamelot deserves that spot anyway :)

rscruickshank

19 März 2008
Edinburgh

Agreed 100%.

Well, except for the bit about having nothing against Killswitch.

So, I agree about 97%.

Still, not to worry. The lineup will change a lot over the next couple of months anyhow. And I'm still hoping for a nice little surprise like last year, when they had to replace... was it Bullet for my Valentine?

Type O Negative were fucking brilliant. Seen them before, but damn they're good.

Canuck

4 Nov. 2007
Toronto, Canada
I want to see both of them.

I happen to like a lot of different kinds of music. But I guess I'm in a minority.

I mean with the Gorgoroth/Crematory thing. Still, if you're having to complain that you can't choose which band to go and see it's better than not having enough that you want to go see.

The point I was implying is that, likely, when they're putting together the running order they're going to make sure bands of a similar sub-genre don't clash and not be as worried about bands that the majority of certain fans wouldn't want to see (f.ex. it's likely that many Gorgoroth fans wouldn't be interested in Crematory and viceversa...it's different than having two old school dm or thrash metal bands clash which would be a bigger problem for a larger number of fans)