Travel from Hamburg to the Wacken site..

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Zaspath

19 Mai 2008
Four of us are staying in Hamburg for Wacken, are there any Wacken veterans out there that can tell us what would be the best way of getting to Wacken and back to Hamburg each night? I understand the shuttle service is limited.

Any help appreciated...

mental_mercury

W:O:A Metalmaster
18 Juni 2007
Marburg, Hessen

crushez

27 Mai 2008
Hijacking the thread for a sec if it's OK? :rolleyes:

Four of us are staying in Hamburg for Wacken, are there any Wacken veterans out there that can tell us what would be the best way of getting to Wacken and back to Hamburg each night? I understand the shuttle service is limited.

Me and some m8s are in the same kind of situation.
We're some metal loving swedes who's going for about a months holliday and one of the happenings will be W:O:A (rly excited :D ).
Though since we're moving on after W:O:A to the Netherlands and Spain we're not rly interested in carrying a tent and all other camping gear all around Europe :p . Thus we're thinking of staying at a hotel in Hamburg for four nights.

Considering the bands finish at 3am, its not really worth it....is it?

Thing is that it's not rly any problem for us passing out at the W:O:A area and wakening up the next day to continuing with party. But having all the rest of our gear in a safe place where we also can crash if we're getting all too broken from the beer :cool:

Therefor I wonder if it's rly any problem getting to W:O:A from hamburg at lets say mid day time. And about how much would a one way ticket cost? (hamburg - wacken)

PS. No need to call us weak wankers or something for not camping at the site, we're gonna have enough festival camping this year anyway :p

Zombi

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
Staying at a hotel in hamburg or anywhere will suck. There are lockers at the festival to store your stuff and the camping ground is a fine place to relax.

Also, you're all weak wankers for not camping at the site.

LXE

W:O:A Metalhead
17 Juni 2003
Mpls. MN USA
LXE.US
hmm

for the price of the cheapest room you find in Hamburg, or probably one taxi ride, you can buy a tent and sleeping bag (or towels) at the festivel, and leave it behind, or give it away when your done. The lockers can keep you valuables safe.