Transport from Izehoe

Dieses Thema im Forum "Fragen zum Festival / Questions about the fest" wurde erstellt von Tue Larsson, 11. Juli 2018.

1. Tue Larsson

Tue Larsson Newbie

Hi

I apologize if this is the wrong forum for his post.

We are two people arriving in Hamburg on monday and find ourselves in need of transport to the festival.
    We bought Schleswig-Holstein-tickets via Bahn.de and plan to use them to go to Izehoe. We realized a bit too late that the shuttle bus doesn't leave until tuesday, however.

Can someone inform me the best way we can get the two of us to the festival area from Izehoe? Or if there is another town which can be reached by train which is closer.
    If someone is planning to drive from the area near Izehoe monday evening or late afternoon we will happily chip in for a seat in a car.
    Finally, if all else fails, is there an estimate of how much a taxi will cost from Izehoe (or where ever he closest town may be) to Wacken?

2. Bloodtrain

Bloodtrain Member

I took a taxi in 2013, to get back from the Hospital in Itzehoe to Wacken. If I remember correctly it was like 45€.

3. Kolbe

Kolbe W:O:A Metalhead

We took a taxi from Wacken Winter Nights to Itzehoe (North) in February. It was about 31,- € or so.
    But keep in mind that the distance from the W:O:A location to the train station in Itzehoe (or vice versa) is much longer.
    So you have to expect at least 50,- € or so. In case the cabs are detoured (due to road closures) it's getting even worse.

You could also try to catch a regular bus from the main bus station in Itzehoe. But I think a lot more guys will have that idea as well...
    Another alternative is to go by train to Burg (Dithmarschen) and take a cab there. Via the ferry in Hochdonn (free) it should
    not cost more than 15 - 20,- € I guess.

4. Quark

Quark W:O:A Forumsstammgast

For starters, I moved your topic to the right place. ;)

2nd. There's a thread, dedicated to this whole subject (in English), and it's this thread here: https://forum.wacken.com/threads/the-semi-definitive-guide-to-getting-to-wacken.122556/

3rd, there's a "normal" bus line, 14, in which you can even use your SH ticket! (If I'm correct) Mind though, it does NOT leave from the bus station in Itzehoe, but from the stop "Bahnhof/Viktoriastraße", which shouldn't be far from the station. That bus runs every day, except for Sunday.
    And all info about PUBLIC transport in Schleswig-Holstein is here: www.nah.sh

5. Tue Larsson

Tue Larsson Newbie

Thank you so much for the help everyone!

Despite this being my 12th visit to Wacken I've never had to rely entirely on public transport before.

Quark gefällt das.

Diese Seite empfehlen