Things to think about for a festival newcommer!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Basso

4 Juli 2006
Hail people!

This is my first real metal festival and I was just wondering if there is any good tings to think about when going to Wacken 2006. Any recommendations about the camping / living and food and everything is warmly welcome.

/Best Regards Sebastian

Zombi

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
*sings*
I'm thinking of thinking of falling in love

here are some official Zombi tips:
-Bring hard alcohol. It's less weight per litre alcohol.
-Bring toilet paper. It's handy for more than you might think.
-Get an insulation mat, the ground can get cold.
-Don't bring too many clothes. You'll be filthy and smelly anyway.
-Go vegetarian.
-Walk around the campsite. Talk to people. It's fun.

Basso

4 Juli 2006
What about stuff that is worth much? Any good ways to make sure they dont get stolen?. I was mainly thinking about still like cds and stuff since I think I will buy quite a fuckin load of cds in the metal market.

Zombi

10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
Basso schrieb:
What about stuff that is worth much? Any good ways to make sure they dont get stolen?. I was mainly thinking about still like cds and stuff since I think I will buy quite a fuckin load of cds in the metal market.

If you're coming in a car, lock them in there. If not, apparently there are lockers somewhere in wacken, but I've never seen them.

Basso

4 Juli 2006
DaveIoC schrieb:
I keep meaning to learn German properly (I did German class at school, but didn't do very well). Until I do, I'll just have to hope I meet some Englisch speakers.

Hehe I just precisly passed German. So I can speak a little ^^ Hopefully enough to get understood :D

monochrom

15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
DaveIoC schrieb:
I keep meaning to learn German properly (I did German class at school, but didn't do very well). Until I do, I'll just have to hope I meet some Englisch speakers.

Nearly everybody in Germany will at least try to speak english, most people are doing quite fine. We are not as good as the swedes (mugabe can give you the reasons, he is qualified on the subject), but we are okay.

Huldran

W:O:A Metalhead
29 Jan. 2006
Under the sign of the Octagon
DaveIoC schrieb:
You'll be surprised how many you'll meet then :) ...many Germans, especially in the Metal scene [just my impression tho] speak real good English. In Wacken, you'll have no problems at all :)

Zombi

10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
"Der Text, den du eingegeben hast, besteht aus 17851 Zeichen und ist damit zu lang. Bitte kürze den Text auf die maximale Länge von 10000 Zeichen."

:(

DaveIoC

W:O:A Metalhead
3 Juli 2006
Bristol, UK
www.myspace.com
Zombi schrieb:
just a little story...
"the text, which you entered, consists of 17851 indications and is too long thereby. Please shortens the text on the maximum length of 10000 indications."

Dodgy translation, I'm guessing 'indications' should be characters.

Sure plenty of Europeans speak good English (Germans, Dutch mostly I guess) and I've always thought it must be easier for Europeans to learn English than English people to speak other languages, because English is everywhere, in films, in the music you listen to, and so it must be easier to pick some up. Unless I listen to Rammstein (and I don't) there isn't really the same exposure. Except maybe some old WWII films. Schnell! But yeah, "Sprechen sie Englisch?" ends up being uttered far too much for me anyway!