• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

tDa

5 Mai 2013
*Passes you a beer* When's going to be? You holiday?

Thankfully, from Friday on. And god damn, am I ready for it... For every hour I work over what I'm supposed to, I don't get paid overtime, but instead get paid leave. To illustrate how much I've worked, I'm thinking of taking a two-week paid holiday in September. Already took one in April. And I'll still have plenty to spare. :p

MetallKopp

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Aug. 2003
Klostermoor
www.reaperzine.de
Thankfully, from Friday on. And god damn, am I ready for it... For every hour I work over what I'm supposed to, I don't get paid overtime, but instead get paid leave. To illustrate how much I've worked, I'm thinking of taking a two-week paid holiday in September. Already took one in April. And I'll still have plenty to spare. :p

For fuck's sake! :eek:
How much hours do you work a week? :D
Ah well. Hope you'll enjoy your leave.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland

I've got the same thing, though no overtime lately, will probably have loads of overtime once I'm transfert to my new job at an other department.

Koldawne

W:O:A Metalhead
31 Aug. 2012
Aylmer, Quebec Canada
You guys with real' jobs are all lucky bastards.. I'm on contract so if I don't go to work I don't get paid. All holidays are out of my own pocket here. Good news is that I can take as much time as I want though - which made it nice for this trip since most places don't give you 3 weeks of holidays unless you have been there a few years. If only I was getting paid it would be perfect! :ugly:

tDa

5 Mai 2013
For fuck's sake! :eek:
How much hours do you work a week? :D
Ah well. Hope you'll enjoy your leave.

I must correct myself, I had a holiday in April, but it was only one week. Just re-read what I wrote, and it came off wrong.

Koldawne: But you do get paid for hours you work over whatever the contract specifies is the daily requirement, correct?
In my case, I don't. I get the same pay every month, whether I work 40 hours a week (what I'm supposed to) or 60. This year, it's generally been closer to the latter, hence all the paid leave I collected. :p

Agresion: What kind of job is it?

Koldawne

31 Aug. 2012
Aylmer, Quebec Canada
Koldawne: But you do get paid for hours you work over whatever the contract specifies is the daily requirement, correct?
In my case, I don't. I get the same pay every month, whether I work 40 hours a week (what I'm supposed to) or 60. This year, it's generally been closer to the latter, hence all the paid leave I collected. :p

We are not allowed to work any overtime because that will change the total hours available in the contract. Though occasionally we are here late some days - we will be allowed to go early the next day if that happens. Never any money gets paid for that and we are not allowed to accumulate the time off either.

Koldawne

31 Aug. 2012
Aylmer, Quebec Canada
People who make appointments and then come late AND THEN decide they need to check their email on the computer I am supposed to be working on..AND THEN decide they should check the secure computer which is attached to the computer I am supposed to be working on ..piss me off.

If I were to make an appointment with my doctor and do the type of stuff clients do to me on a daily basis I would be thrown out of the office, but because I am 'only IT' I get treated like garbage and disrespected..like I have nothing else to do in a day than wait for someone to decide that I can have the honor to work on their computer.

raylouie

13 Mai 2013
Colorado
Me too. Three weeks off work. Finally. Gnaaaah! After Wacken we have to move to another house. More work. Yay. :D

*Passes you a beer* When's going to be? You holiday?

Who told you that? Tickets go on sale at midnight between Sunday/Monday. There's no way you can pick up a ticket on Sunday.

I'm making a estimated guess from last year when I bought my tickets. I might have made the mistake of not adding the 8 hours difference between here and Germany, so you're probably right. In other words, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

MetallKopp

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Aug. 2003
Klostermoor
www.reaperzine.de
I must correct myself, I had a holiday in April, but it was only one week. Just re-read what I wrote, and it came off wrong.

'kay. Sounded like a damn lot of overtime. :D

We are not allowed to work any overtime because that will change the total hours available in the contract. Though occasionally we are here late some days - we will be allowed to go early the next day if that happens. Never any money gets paid for that and we are not allowed to accumulate the time off either.

:eek: I'm keeping my mouth shut. Lucky bastard, that is. I'm feeling with you, no joke.
At the yard, we have contract workers as well, often foreigners. They do the same work like the colleagues of the core company, but get paid a lot less. Sometimes less than 5,-€ an hour for a hard day's work. Pity. :(

I'm making a estimated guess from last year when I bought my tickets. I might have made the mistake of not adding the 8 hours difference between here and Germany, so you're probably right. In other words, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Whoa, I'm sorry! I thought you were talking about buying them while being in Germany. :D

Happens to me on a daily basis! :ugly:

Pass that to me. Absolutely clueless. :D

raylouie

13 Mai 2013
Colorado
'kay. Sounded like a damn lot of overtime. :D

:eek: I'm keeping my mouth shut. Lucky bastard, that is. I'm feeling with you, no joke.
At the yard, we have contract workers as well, often foreigners. They do the same work like the colleagues of the core company, but get paid a lot less. Sometimes less than 5,-€ an hour for a hard day's work. Pity. :(

Whoa, I'm sorry! I thought you were talking about buying them while being in Germany. :D

Pass that to me. Absolutely clueless. :D

Yes I'm planing to get next year's tickets after WOA 2013, probably in Köln, but long story short, I got confused between 12 noon and 12 midnight. :confused:
And I hate time changes when traveling, especially overseas.