The liquor situation at Wacken.

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Colamann3798

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 Apr. 2003
nich mehr Münster :(
www.dongopenair.de
What's the likelihood of boots being stolen at Wacken? I remember hearing organised crime gangs targeting Bloodstock in 2010, and the usual things were taken/stolen (car keys, wallets/money, phones, electronics), but I also read reports of them stealing boots as well.

I guess anyone desperate enough to steal my pair of stinky, worn out, mud crusted boots at a festival needs them more than I do ;)

Alix

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
I guess anyone desperate enough to steal my pair of stinky, worn out, mud crusted boots at a festival needs them more than I do ;)

Ah true. The mud situation that year was nearly the same as Wacken last year and all the sensible Brits brought wellies, but I guess there would have been plenty of goths with their fancy boots who may have been targeted.

tDa

5 Mai 2013
As was mentioned previously in this thread, you can buy beer at a supermarket outside the festival - be prepared for a bit of a walk, though (even though most of it is likely to be just getting from the campgrounds to the festival entrance/exit). It's mostly pilsners, but they're pretty damn cheap.
They also had some cheap wine. Again, nothing for connoisseurs, but hey, it's a festival.

If you don't feel like breaking your back carrying them, I noticed some clever kids outside the festival on bicycles with small trailers attached offering to transport your stuff for money. I should've gone for it, rather than carrying two trayloads of beer - was exhausted afterwards, and missed a concert I wanted to go to.

Also, my two cents on the cooling discussion: Buy a bucket, fill it with water, put beer into it. Cover it with a tarp/plastic bag/whatever so it doesn't get hit by direct sunlight. It'll cool during the night, and keep your beer nice and cold throughout the day. Dirt cheap, to boot.

One final note: The beergardens are worth visiting, despite the relative priciness - proper beer is proper beer, after all. I loved Franziskaner's presence. Wouldn't have minded a Guinness garden, too.

Will there be anywhere to purchase a cheap cooler and ice at the festival? either in the village or at the festival grounds? I'll drink warm beer by the case if it comes to that but I'd rather not.

I found the best way to keep drinks cool is to put my bag and loads of clothes over the top so its kept dark and leave it near the edge of the tent to get a bit of ventilation. This worked very well.

I have seen cool boxes that double up as a stool to sit on and can fold up to a decent size. May be worth considering!