The line-up for 2003 *no spam!*

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

mugabe

W:O:A Metalhead
7 Aug. 2002
Avesta, Sweden
www.kurtz.se
I read somewhere here that this year's WOA will feature 60 bands. 40 are confirmed, which leaves 20 more to be billed. Is there room and budget left for more bigshots, or will there be only smaller bands appearing on these last slots?

The last to be confirmed was "Lotto King Karl". Are they already scraping the bottom of the barrel, or do they wait until most bands have their tour itinerary for this summer scheduled?

A lot of things happen during the last weeks prior to the festival, I guess.

Then, again, what about Sodom? Type O Negative, perhaps?

monochrom

W:O:A Metalmaster
15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
Originally posted by mugabe
I read somewhere here that this year's WOA will feature 60 bands. 40 are confirmed, which leaves 20 more to be billed. Is there room and budget left for more bigshots, or will there be only smaller bands appearing on these last slots?

The last to be confirmed was "Lotto King Karl". Are they already scraping the bottom of the barrel, or do they wait until most bands have their tour itinerary for this summer scheduled?

A lot of things happen during the last weeks prior to the festival, I guess.

Then, again, what about Sodom? Type O Negative, perhaps?

Problematic to say sth about all of this, as the festival guys have pretty much stopped communicating with the outside world. They are not really answering questions, even those they really should like with the Diamond Head cancellation.

Living close to Hamburg and speaking to people who know organizers and stuff, I'd say they are in real trouble. You don't hear too much good things coming out of that direction. As all the other german festivals are already giving out playlists and stuff, Wacken seems to be even more poorly organized than the years before.

I would not count on too many big names, most bands have already made their summer schedules. I don't know about Sodom and Type O, they are both scheduled for the Full Force and should have made their festival arrangements by now.

Don't expect too much, I'd say.

mugabe

W:O:A Metalhead
7 Aug. 2002
Avesta, Sweden
www.kurtz.se
Re: Re: The line-up for 2003 *no spam!*

Originally posted by monochrom
Living close to Hamburg and speaking to people who know organizers and stuff, I'd say they are in real trouble. You don't hear too much good things coming out of that direction. As all the other german festivals are already giving out playlists and stuff, Wacken seems to be even more poorly organized than the years before.

Don't expect too much, I'd say.
Makes sense. The last real confirmations, Subway to Sally and King Karl not counted, were almost two months ago. If any huge bands were cleared, they would already have been announced. Festival season is coming up shortly and people want to know which ones to attend.

Maybe we can expect "middle-sized" bands for the remainder, which is not the worst, but, as you say, time is running short for bookings.

monochrom

W:O:A Metalmaster
15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
Re: Re: Re: The line-up for 2003 *no spam!*

Originally posted by mugabe
Makes sense. The last real confirmations, Subway to Sally and King Karl not counted, were almost two months ago. If any huge bands were cleared, they would already have been announced. Festival season is coming up shortly and people want to know which ones to attend.

Maybe we can expect "middle-sized" bands for the remainder, which is not the worst, but, as you say, time is running short for bookings.

Things are changing as of today. Holger is back in the Q & A, some minor bands have been confirmed and everything seems to be moving again.

He also said in the Q & A that there will be fewer bands, but that they will play longer. There will be an update soon.

Hope that helps you.