The Gig Review thread

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Maraska

W:O:A Metalhead
18 Okt. 2002
-ROMA-
Website besuchen
DREAM THEATER
+
Pain of Salvation
(Live in Rome, 15-2-2002)

A fucking godly show... Pain of salvation just kicked ass but Dream Theater beat 'em. It all started with "The Glass Prison" and included some of their best song like "Take The Time", "Pull me Under", "Lie", "Scarred", "The Killing Hand" (old but fuckin' good), "Lines in the sand" and the emotive "Hollow Years" (from Falling into Infinity), "Misunderstood" and "Blind Faith" from their last album. Fuck i don't remeber them all but the guys played for 3 hours and THEY DID PLAY WELL goddam!!!!!!!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

necrophagiac

4 März 2002
Manchester/UK
Website besuchen
Enthroned - Camden underworld (i didnt write this review by the way, but thought i'd share it!)

Headliners Enthroned were playing these shores for the very first time. They almost made it before with Borknagar but the tour got cancelled as unfortunately drummer Cernunnos hung himself. Now signed to Napalm they made their intentions clear from the offset. Destroy, crush and pulverise seemed to be the name of their game and boy did they do it well. The drums at first sounded like they were firing out of a biscuit tin and I was forced to give my grimmest necro glare at the soundman. He scuttled around and managed to sort the problem out quickly. I really liked the somewhat shrill vocals of singer Lord Sabbathan as he led them on a blitzkrieg set that was unrelenting and magnificent. I was also taken in by guitarist Nornagest who was an imposing figure. With one of the maddest metal hairstyles I have seen in a long time he came across a bit like a deranged wookie. The hits were fired out in a furious fashion and we had a whole hours worth of them Ha Shaitan and Evil Church made their thoughts on religion all too apparent. With Bloodline blaring out I realised just how well this lot could play. This was definitely one of the best black metal performances I have seen in a long while. For a second I actually thought that blood had began to drip from the ceiling, but it was just beer and sweat. They didn’t really seem to like people sharing the stage even the girlies and one young lass (who shall remain nameless) got rather vexed with Nornagest and even took a swipe at him. Her ejection from the stage will surely result in a bruise. Not content with actually playing in 2 bands Paul (FD) also wiped out some people from a flattening stage dive (ouch). We were all in a state of drunken glory by the time this one had finished. Enthroned cleaned up with another Kreator cover, Under The Guillotine before we headed out to the night. Now who the hell was it that said "all Belgians are boring?

==============================================
It was a fucking cool gig anyway (even if they are not the greatest band in the world!) and i got some cool photo's that ill try and post sometime.!

Supercharger

W:O:A Metalmaster
26 Juli 2002
Deventer, the Netherlands
Website besuchen
Dark Tranquility + Sinergy (support) 15-11-2002

I've missed the first band Griffin due to difficulties getting in. The first band I saw was Sinergy and they played a good show. The music was your basic powermetal with lightning fast guitarsolos and happy riffing. They played a few song from their last album "Suicide by my side" and some couple of song from their past album as well. They're a good live band but their music doesn't impress me much.

Dark Tranquility was the band for which I came and hell they gave a smoking performance. Though some bandmemebers were clearly drunk they played flawlessly. Most songs song came from their last three albums, Projector, Haven and Damage Done. They played most of my personal favourites like Insanity's creshendo, Monochramatic Stains, Haven, The wonders at your feet, Treason Wall, Indiffirent Suns and a couple of others. Too bad they didn't play Hedon. Like I said before it was a brilliant performance and I can recommand you all to go to their shows when you have the chance

Iscariot

9 Jan. 2002
Apeldoorn- Netherlands
surf.to
Def P & beatbusters 8-11

Great mix of ska and hiphop. great atmosphere, great Life band. And I'm sure this says nothing to you all:D

Dark Tranquillity + Sinergy + Griffin 15-8

Same gig where Supercharger went!

Griffin was ok, but not very special. A little bit too standard heavy metal for me.

Sinergy

although their performance at wacken last year couldn't impress me much, this time they did. I don't know much of this band. But they did a good set. The atmosphere was great. The music was good. Maybe I'll buy a record from them once

Dark tranquillity

The band I came for. And they didn't disappoint me.
They started with The sun fired blanks. One of my favourite songs. And after that, 1,5 hours of good music. Great atmosphere.
That Michael Stanne is a great frontman. Their new songs sounded great but also their old ones (from the minds and the Gallery, forgot the titles) kick ass live!
So, I have not much to say about it. Supercharger did the most for me:)